Project SYNTHESIS

I understand your question :D But why do you think the Ottomans need a new UHV?

I disagree with your decision Linkman, and I'll prove to you why Antioch and Damascus can go together, as I'm crafting my own map, out of your mod (sorry for the delay due to real life work).

Also your only adding all of Western India to the Middle East just to portray a small and failed invasion of the Indian subcontinent by the Mongols?? I'm afraid this will spill over to the Seljuks, barbs and what not. I would recommend not including it. There have been many invasions over thousands of years of history, but the Mongol invasion of India does not need to be included. It will interfere too much with any supposed Northern Indian state, that could go there.

Again, the map is NOT for AI logic. But when India inevitably gets invaded multiple times, as it did in real life, I DON'T want its population demolished, like in real life.

Im asking what u have in mind for a new Arab Uhv and that the Ottomans need a new UHV.

Not sure about Arabs. Why do the Turks need a new one?

And with respects to much of what Leoreth has said so far:

:agree:

I understand your question But why do you think the Ottomans need a new UHV?

Because the vassal Uhv is stupid and the territorial UHV needs to be expanded to include Austria and Egypt.

Because the vassal Uhv is stupid and the territorial UHV needs to be expanded to include Austria and Egypt.
Sounds like you already have replacement goals in mind?

Whichever is featured most prominently. :blush:

Oh, ok. This is the direct download. Scroll to the bottom of the first post to see how you can get the SVN, it has a lot of cool stuff.

You guys are gonna really like this:

Civ4ScreenShot0079.JPG

Eurasia on the Dutch spawn. The area circled in orange was once part of the Mongol empire. I have since reduced the Mongol conquerors for the Seljuks so Greece doesn't go Mongol too.

Also note the Ming respawn.

Now some history of this world:

The Seljuk invasions:

Civ4ScreenShot0070.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0071.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0072.JPG

The Mongol invasions:

Civ4ScreenShot0073.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0075.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0077.JPG

The aftermath:

Turks spawn:

Civ4ScreenShot0078.JPG

Update soon, after adding Damascus and running a few more trials.

A downside of these invasions I've noticed is that the Silk Route never gets much of chance to take root. I'll work on fixing that.

Sounds like you already have replacement goals in mind?

Well here's what I think;

Right now the Turks have two territorial UHVs; the first one being extremely easy; i'd rather not have that.

Secondly; the second UHV is easy too; I mean especially now that the Mongols weaken the Arabs. I would rather have an extended second UHV that includes Crimea, Austria, Balkans, Anatolia, Mesopotamia, Levant, Hejaz, Egypt and maybe even vassalizing the Maghrib if u add the Moors.

I think that goals 1 and 3 need to be replaced but im not exactly sure how to; Im sure u can think of something good but if it helps heres some ideas i just thought of:
-Make Istanbul your capital and build the Topkapi palace and the Bluue Mosque by x date.
-Be the strongest nation in the world by x date.
- Or something like have a larger military than the next 2 biggest (military wise) civs by x date.

Now i remember that a long time ago u mentioned making more wars in Europe; some good ideas would be for the Ottoman.

-If the Ottoman Empire invades Vienna or Italy; the Holy League is formed meaning that a bunch of European powers declare war on the Ottomans and a stack appears (mechanics from Rfce crusades) on the appropriate spot. This will make the game so much more better.

-If the Ottomans declare war on Spain or Russia (add whatever civs u want) there is a certain percent chance that the holy league is formed.

I dont want these wars to be too scripted so I say let them occur at any time between 1450-1650. Also after the League has accomplished their goal peace is a lot more likely to be declared unlike regular wars. The pool of civs that will form the holy league could be Spain, Italy, France, HRE, Russia and Poland (after u add it). Now three to four these civs declare war on the Ottomans; the selection would be random to increase replayability.

Linkman, That is a piece of Art; Simply Magnificent!

Couple of pointer
-Please do put in the Arab and Byzantine collapse mechanic i recommended. I think it is extremely important.
My suggestion:
Byzantine Collapse Mechanic: No cities in Byzantine core; Thrace, Greece and Trapezues (until Byzantine spawn can declare independence).
Arab Collapse Mechanic: Human style collapse until 1300 ad where Baghdad survives; if the Seljuks conquer Baghdad; Arabia collapses into independents but Arabs respawn in Baghdad and make peace with the Seljuks.

-Consider spawning an Seljuk Tabriz so that Tiflis doesnt show up.

Other than that; simply magnificent

Linkman, That is a piece of Art; Simply Magnificent!

Couple of pointer
-Please do put in the Arab and Byzantine collapse mechanic i recommended. I think it is extremely important.
-Consider spawning an Seljuk Tabriz so that Tiflis doesnt show up.

Other than that; simply magnificent

1) Not sure about Arabs, but I view it as warranted for the Byzzies. Not quite what you reccomended; rather, the first time the Byzzies collapse, provided they have Constantinople, they do it human style and keep Greece and Constantinople; the second time the lose everything.

2) I'm thinking of giving the Seljuks a settler on both Isfahan and Tabriz to ensure these cities are founded when the Mongols are born.

And I like some of your Turkish UHV's... more on this later, when I get to them.

Hello Everyone :)

So I changed up the map of the Levant and Turkey a bit to add in Damascus, while keeping Antioch, and to prove to all of you that by just adding one fish and one wheat, these cities could grow quite large (in fact IMO they grew too large, perhaps removing the fish would be fine). Overall I saw both Jerusalem and Antioch reach 11-12 max, while Damascus reached a top of 8 in one of my trials (but alas no pic :/). A way to make Damascus grow more, would be to move the fish, which you might want to consider.

Now that I have proved to you Linkman and Leoreth that these cities can grow to some considerable size, here is a list of changes I made to the map:

Ikonion: (72, 43) --> (71, 43)
Antiocheia: (73, 41) --> (73, 42) - Remove Wine
Damaskos: (74, 40)
Fish: (72, 41)
Wine: (73, 41) - Remove Timber
Timber: (73, 39)
Wheat: (75, 40) - Turn into plains

Also Linkman since Egypt respawns in your game early, I would suggest making their LH Saladin, removing it from the Arabs, who should get perhaps Harun al-Rashid. Also the Ottomans should not get Athens and especially not Chersonans.

Also in both of your games (both you and Leoreth), the Mongols should invade Russia and capture a few cities more often. But I've heard that you guys will shake up Russia to break it into two, (Kiev & Novogord), which IMO would be good.

As for talk about a new Ottoman UHV, this is what should be included:

1. Conquer Austria, Balkans, Levant, Mesopotamia, Hejaz, Egypt and North Africa (up until Tunis)
2. Build Topkapi and Blue Mosque wonders in Istanbul (no need to tell them to make Istanbul the Capital, as the AI is scripted, and everyone does it anyhow)
3. Have the highest score in 1700 OR 1750 (ultimately though the Caliphate was in rapid decline by then)

EDIT: I find it strange that the Mongols got all the way to the Balkans... They should really be stopped at the impenetrable walls of Constantinople. Also seeing the Mongols overrun the Russians more often (attacking Eastern Europe) would be nice to see. Currently they take one or two cities and run away.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 72
What did you do to the Mongols, exactly? And they seem to be a little too strong if they're able to overrun Anatolia (it's fine when the Seljuks do it, but Constantinople should be up for the Turks to take in my opinion).

Also, is there anything different to the Seljuks compared to ordinary barbarians?

Not sure about Arabs

I think the Arabs need it just as much as the Byzantines; the Abbasids were the Byzantines of the Middle East. If you dont believe me just look at the Seljuk Seige of Baghdad. Most part of the Arab Golden Age took place not when the Abbasids controlled the Middle East but rather when they controlled only Baghdad. I extremely recommenced that you put it in as this would enhance the gameplay a lot more. The Abbasid Empire survived for 508 and through multiple invasions (Buyids, Seljuks, Ghaznavids, Seljuks, Khwarezm) until they were finally subdued by the Mongols. this you can represent by Mongols conquers event for the Arabs.

Also the Byzantines should get more than one chance since they can collapse on either the Mongols or the Seljuk invasion. Also can u lighten or remove Mongol invasion of Byzantine please.

Hello Everyone :)

So I changed up the map of the Levant and Turkey a bit to add in Damascus, while keeping Antioch, and to prove to all of you that by just adding one fish and one wheat, these cities could grow quite large (in fact IMO they grew too large, perhaps removing the fish would be fine). Overall I saw both Jerusalem and Antioch reach 11-12 max, while Damascus reached a top of 8 in one of my trials (but alas no pic :/). A way to make Damascus grow more, would be to move the fish, which you might want to consider.

Now that I have proved to you Linkman and Leoreth that these cities can grow to some considerable size, here is a list of changes I made to the map:

Ikonion: (72, 43) --> (71, 43)
Antiocheia: (73, 41) --> (73, 42) - Remove Wine
Damaskos: (74, 40)
Fish: (72, 41)
Wine: (73, 41) - Remove Timber
Timber: (73, 39)
Wheat: (75, 40) - Turn into plains

Also Linkman since Egypt respawns in your game early, I would suggest making their LH Saladin, removing it from the Arabs, who should get perhaps Harun al-Rashid. Also the Ottomans should not get Athens and especially not Chersonans.

Also in both of your games (both you and Leoreth), the Mongols should invade Russia and capture a few cities more often. But I've heard that you guys will shake up Russia to break it into two, (Kiev & Novogord), which IMO would be good.

As for talk about a new Ottoman UHV, this is what should be included:

1. Conquer Austria, Balkans, Levant, Mesopotamia, Hejaz, Egypt and North Africa (up until Tunis)
2. Build Topkapi and Blue Mosque wonders in Istanbul (no need to tell them to make Istanbul the Capital, as the AI is scripted, and everyone does it anyhow)
3. Have the highest score in 1700 OR 1750 (ultimately though the Caliphate was in rapid decline by then)

I'll tae a look at this.

What did you do to the Mongols, exactly? And they seem to be a little too strong if they're able to overrun Anatolia (it's fine when the Seljuks do it, but Constantinople should be up for the Turks to take in my opinion).

Also, is there anything different to the Seljuks compared to ordinary barbarians?

1) I gave the Mongols conquerors for the Seljuks. Since the game in those screenshots, I've reduced the amount.

2) Yes. They don't raze cities and they have a unique unit, the Seljuk Ghulam Warrior. Also they have a cool color IMO. Credits to cyberxkhan for most of the Seljuk stuff.

I think the Arabs need it just as much as the Byzantines; the Abbasids were the Byzantines of the Middle East. If you dont believe me just look at the Seljuk Seige of Baghdad. Most part of the Arab Golden Age took place not when the Abbasids controlled the Middle East but rather when they controlled only Baghdad. I extremely recommenced that you put it in as this would enhance the gameplay a lot more. The Abbasid Empire survived for 508 and through multiple invasions (Buyids, Seljuks, Ghaznavids, Seljuks, Khwarezm) until they were finally subdued by the Mongols. this you can represent by Mongols conquers event for the Arabs.

Also the Byzantines should get more than one chance since they can collapse on either the Mongols or the Seljuk invasion. Also can u lighten or remove Mongol invasion of Byzantine please.

1) I'll think about it. Leoreth, it is possible to vassalize a major civ to a minor civ?

2)Yes, I will. The Mongol conquerors for the Byzzies were useful when Anatolia was Seljuk, but not that it isn't I think I might remove Mongol conquerors for the Byzzies altogether.

1) I gave the Mongols conquerors for the Seljuks. Since the game in those screenshots, I've reduced the amount.
Did you also increase the amount of troops spawning, or have them spawn at multiple locations? It looks like that in your screenshots.

1) I'll think about it. Leoreth, it is possible to vassalize a major civ to a minor civ?
I'm not sure what Rhye did to diplomacy for minors, but if I'm not mistaken it should be (especially if you want to script something). On the other hand, the whole point of minors is that they don't clutter world diplomacy with their own relations.

2)Yes, I will. The Mongol conquerors for the Byzzies were useful when Anatolia was Seljuk, but not that it isn't I think I might remove Mongol conquerors for the Byzzies altogether.
Seconded. I included the Byzantines in the first place to get some Mongols at the fringe of Anatolia. Now that Seljuks are in place their conquerors take that place.

If it doesn't happen already, I think there should be a good chance that the Mongols declare war on contact with Korea, and possibly Japan

Thank you for your consideration Linkman! :hatsoff:

Also I'd like to talk about unique units with you:

1. The Iranians (Safavids) should get Qizilbashi Cavalry/Horse Archer (texture from SoI). The Safavids used Qizilbashi horse archers in many battles against the Ottomans, in their battle to control Mesopotamia and assert their independence. They were the fanatic Shi'ite followers of Shah Ismael (the founder of the Safavids)

2. The Seljuks: Seljuk Horse Archer -- This name gets straight to the point IMO, Seljuk Ghulam Warrior, is a bit confusing (since their horse archers), but you can do whatever you want. I'd also suggest using the SoI textures, if you have not used them yet.

Also it would be cool if you could have the Mongols use the Mongol Horse Archer texture for Synthesis.

As for the Iranian UHV, I find the "Power of Trade" to be quite odd indeed, as they were not known for being a great "trading power". A better power for them instead, would perhaps be something about Shi'ite culture (considering that its one of the only Shi'ite civ). For example Shi'ite religious buildings produce double culture. That would be a good UP, to counter the Ottoman UP which tends to eat up Mesopotamia, even if the Safavids capture Baghdad.

Another thing I don't understand is why the Safavids have to make Shiraz the most cultural city in the world? What happened to the gardens of Isfahan, the jewel of the Safavids? I tend not to see the city at all in this mod.

Finally consider removing Qandahar and placing a more important city during those periods, such as Neyshabur which was the capital of the Seljuks for some time, and it would make sense to remove Qandahar and place it instead with Neyshabur.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 52
One question?, does the Seljuk invasion lead to building being destroyed?

Oh right thanks for reminding me. I had meant to do the same thing for the Middle East with buildings as I have with population, since they're pretty much right next to each other in the code.

Did you also increase the amount of troops spawning, or have them spawn at multiple locations? It looks like that in your screenshots.

Ya, multiple spots, along with a force when a city is conquered. The problem with UNIT_AI_ATTACK_CITY_LEMMING is that, much like lemmings, the unit will simply abandon a newly conquered city in pursuit of the next city. I believe the city capture spawn is a pikeman and a longbowman.

I'm not sure what Rhye did to diplomacy for minors, but if I'm not mistaken it should be (especially if you want to script something). On the other hand, the whole point of minors is that they don't clutter world diplomacy with their own relations.

I probably won't then. J. Pride, this puts me in a dilemma. It's sort of odd just to keep a one city civ around via scripting.

Seconded. I included the Byzantines in the first place to get some Mongols at the fringe of Anatolia. Now that Seljuks are in place their conquerors take that place.

Are you, by any chance, adding Seljuks?

If it doesn't happen already, I think there should be a good chance that the Mongols declare war on contact with Korea, and possibly Japan

Leoreth, what was the original reason this wasn't done?

Also I'd like to talk about unique units with you:

1. The Iranians (Safavids) should get Qizilbashi Cavalry/Horse Archer (texture from SoI). The Safavids used Qizilbashi horse archers in many battles against the Ottomans, in their battle to control Mesopotamia and assert their independence. They were the fanatic Shi'ite followers of Shah Ismael (the founder of the Safavids)

2. The Seljuks: Seljuk Horse Archer -- This name gets straight to the point IMO, Seljuk Ghulam Warrior, is a bit confusing (since their horse archers), but you can do whatever you want. I'd also suggest using the SoI textures, if you have not used them yet.

1) The problem is that horse archers are outdated when the Safavids spawn by some thousands of years, the exception being the Seljuk Ghulam warrior, which is a HA replacement.

2) I could rename them to Ghulam Horse Archers

Also it would be cool if you could have the Mongols use the Mongol Horse Archer texture for Synthesis.

I'll take a look at this.

As for the Iranian UHV, I find the "Power of Trade" to be quite odd indeed, as they were not known for being a great "trading power". A better power for them instead, would perhaps be something about Shi'ite culture (considering that its one of the only Shi'ite civ). For example Shi'ite religious buildings produce double culture. That would be a good UP, to counter the Ottoman UP which tends to eat up Mesopotamia, even if the Safavids capture Baghdad.

I quite like this. It certainly would help with UHV #3, which is nigh on impossible right now.

Another thing I don't understand is why the Safavids have to make Shiraz the most cultural city in the world? What happened to the gardens of Isfahan, the jewel of the Safavids? I tend not to see the city at all in this mod.

Because Isfahan is, in at least 10% of case, not founded until the Safavids are born. That number used to be higher when I added the UHV, when you would still see Rasht like 60% of the time. However if I give the Seljuks a settler there I think we might be able to do something about it.

Finally consider removing Qandahar and placing a more important city during those periods, such as Neyshabur which was the capital of the Seljuks for some time, and it would make sense to remove Qandahar and place it instead with Neyshabur.

The area would become quite crowded, as Nishapur would be one left of Qandahar.

Top Bottom