Greetings! and RaR vs RaRE?

tlaurila

Warlord
Greetings modding folks! I recently took Civ4Col up again, after being disappointed with the original all those years ago, and wanting to see what the modding community has made with the game. Has not been disappointed so far, so thanks for your great work!

As a general note I always thought Col has a lot of potential over Civ, simply because WoI gives an "asymmetric" goal beyond fighting other "symmetric" Civs. Player vs AI in a symmetric setting is something that's hard to get fun due to lack of true intelligence in the AI. And even more so because the victor in the usual Civ setting tends to be determined in the first quarter of the game, after that it's just slowly, inevitably growing domination. So great to see people working to improve Col!

I tried DoaNE some and RaR. Decided to play through a RaR game first, as DoaNE seemed more like beta atm. I am about half-way through a RaR (2.4) game now.

Reading here I got into wondering what's the deal between RaR and RaRE currently? It seems the latest RaR takes in most of the main features of RaRE? It seems some of the same folks are involved in both? Is RaRE more the next version of RaR, or has RaR by now taken in the features of RaRE , so RaRE is mostly superfluous? Could someone kindly give me a summary of main differences, and recommend which to use?

RaR is the base mod (you will notice that RaR has its own sub-folder here in this forum) and RaRE is a nice sub-mod of RaR that adds some further feature to RaR - since the modding team of the base mod has retired modding. That's it.

Thanks for the answer :) Any chance the features that RaRE introduces are listed neatly somewhere?

Where to find RARE? I can't find a download and I'm not even sure if I found the correct thread...

Hi Teskal, don't know if you are still lurking around.:) RaRE has been implemented in the newest Version of RaR - RaR 2.5. Please use the download in my signature and you a) get the newest version and b) RaR and RaRE in combination.

Thanks, I'm looking sometimes in the forum and check if there is something new on the R&R or Fall from Heaven front. :)

Top Bottom