Civ 5 on top ten most played on Steam, GJ, wow!

I also leave Civ5 running 24/7 but warning to anyone who owns expensive hardware, be aware that Civ5 can actually use a lot of resources in the background and shorten the life of your hardware EVEN if it is in the background. Check whether it is with CPU and GPU monitors. I personally force Civ not to use any CPU/GPU in the background with special apps. Also if it is on permanently and you are are running AERO in Windows 7, you need to restart the desktop manager service periodically or else Civ starts to use more GPU than is needed over time. It can make the difference between 70% GPU and 99% GPU depending on hardware.

I'm sure this isn't the same for everyone but the reason Civ 5 is my top steam game played is because of their achievements. Most of the other games I play don't have them and the ones that do have a paltry amount. Civ 5 has a lot of them and and helps with replay value.

I think the achievements are a nice addition to the game.

I do think there are plenty of other things that add to replayability. The sheer number of civs is one. I probably play far fewer hours than others because I haven't finished playing with everyone yet, but that's one of my goals (on occasion I'll replay someone for a more experimental game, but my goal is to win with everyone before I start doubling back).

I think the achievements are a nice addition to the game.

I do think there are plenty of other things that add to replayability. The sheer number of civs is one. I probably play far fewer hours than others because I haven't finished playing with everyone yet, but that's one of my goals (on occasion I'll replay someone for a more experimental game, but my goal is to win with everyone before I start doubling back).

Same here... I float Civs and victory conditions to chase down all the achievements. I tend to play long games and it takes me a while to win them, I still need quite a few for the 100 wins achievement, but I finally beat the game with all the vanilla civs (I did a few over because I missed side achievements and I've played a few of the DLC ones early when I got them).

Yea, i leave it on 24/7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I used to leave it on 24/7 and take a few turns here and there between doing other stuff (especially making dinner: start the grill, take some turns, put the food on, take some turns, flip the food, take some turns, etc.) . . . until I blew out the fan on my Video Card. Now I don't play as much since it takes so long to start the game and load my save.

I used to leave it on 24/7 and take a few turns here and there between doing other stuff (especially making dinner: start the grill, take some turns, put the food on, take some turns, flip the food, take some turns, etc.) . . . until I blew out the fan on my Video Card. Now I don't play as much since it takes so long to start the game and load my save.

Bugger!!

that is exactly what I feared sad to here that buddy. Firaxis should be ashamed of themselves for this they shoud warn people that the minute the game is minimized the GPU goes nuts (basically 99% usage for some people). This puts at risks hundreds of dollars of our equipment.

Can't believe they haven't been taken to town on that oversight. Take note of what I said in the above post and save your precious hardware from this game.

Top Bottom