Max no. of Civs per game? How to add more?

mclericp

Warlord
What is the max no. of AI players in a single player game? Is there a way to increase this limit?

Max players is defined as 64, broken down as follows

Max majors (human + AI) = 22
Max minors (city states) = 41
Barbarian AI = 1

To change these you need to recompile the DLL (and fix various bugs in it and several of the core Lua files)

22 civs and 41 city states. There are some mods that allow you to go over that, but they generally end up bugging up the game. For instance, the one I use makes it impossible to use trade routes or spies. One feature I really hope that Civ 6 will have is letting you play with an unlimited amount of Civs/City states, or even different barbarian tribes (Two or more teams of barbarians?).

Unlimited civs sounds fun, until you look at the downsides: No room to expand, since its going to be already owned most of the time, and its gonna make every pc lower than the one on the star ship enterprise chug like hell.

Unlimited civs sounds fun, until you look at the downsides: No room to expand, since its going to be already owned most of the time, and its gonna make every pc lower than the one on the star ship enterprise chug like hell.

The cramped maps are part of the fun. It encourages war.
Also, I've got a fairly good custom PC ($500 range) and it runs the YnAEMP 43 Civ DLL quite well, aside from the bugs (No trade routes, no espionage, et cetera). But those are bugs with the mod, not the system.

Top Bottom