HOF Questions and Answers Thread

Doesn't show up like that on my end, even the scores are different, which is indeed very odd.

Spoiler :

Do you get the same error if you click on the different tabs?

Now it's back to normal for me. Was like that in the morning, and still 4 hours later when I took the screenshot. I even tried with different browsers and both had game 4 doubled. Must have been some weird temporary glitch.

Nah..elite has not been imbibing too much of that Finnish Vodka. I saw his post this morning. Located and resolved the issue quickly. Sorry, I shoulda posted here earlier but was just getting going and running out

A dupe #4 entry was created sometime very recently which made the table askew.

Nah..elite has not been imbibing too much of that Finnish Vodka. I saw his post this morning. Located and resolved the issue quickly.
You may fix database issues all day long, but chances are that I've still been imbibing too much Finnish vodka. ;)

Fudge. Been like this for 10 mins :(

No option but to exit the game via the OS, but as the save hasn't actually fully loaded, hopefully I should be fine.

Would really love to know why this happens, because it does once in a while when trying to load a save. The loading starts, and then it's like everything simply stops. A few other times, the game simply crashes to desktop during the loading a save process.

PS: the globe stopped spinning and I just see the normal cursor and can move it around (it is automatically removed from screenshots).

Fudge. Been like this for 10 mins :(

No option but to exit the game via the OS, but as the save hasn't actually fully loaded, hopefully I should be fine.

Would really love to know why this happens, because it does once in a while when trying to load a save. The loading starts, and then it's like everything simply stops. A few other times, the game simply crashes to desktop during the loading a save process.

PS: the globe stopped spinning and I just see the normal cursor and can move it around (it is automatically removed from screenshots).

Its fine. What is happening is BtS crashes, but can't switch back to the desktop. I hit Ctrl-alt-del and cancel the windows security window, you will then see your crash notification.

This happens to me if a load a game while in a game. In other words, I am loading a new game without exiting the current game.

Its fine. What is happening is BtS crashes, but can't switch back to the desktop. I hit Ctrl-alt-del and cancel the windows security window, you will then see your crash notification.

This happens to me if a load a game while in a game. In other words, I am loading a new game without exiting the current game.

Thanks for the clarification, great to hear that I'm fine to continue :)

I have more frequent problems when loading from inside a loaded save too, so I almost always go to the main menu before loading games. This was from the main menu, however, so it still happens from there too. IIRC, I tried to load the current HOF save after trying the domination limit test, after going back to the main menu in between.

A thought struck me. Can this have to do with locked modified assets? In the test game that option wasn't ticked off because I needed to use the WB. Maybe we need to restart the game in between?

That said, I've probably done something similar before without the game crashing, and in any case the game sometimes crashes when loading a save when starting the game 'fresh'.

I am on Linux Mint btw, though I'm not sure if that makes the game more or less stable. I can then hit Ctrl + Alt + Left Arrow to change to the other workspace (basically two desktops, and I can put applications and so forth on each, and switch between them at will). Very handy.

I have just got myself Civ IV via steam and cannot get the HOF Mod to work. Could anyone help me (Denniz possibly)?

Environment Windows 7, Steam, Vanilla (installed Warlords and BtS too, seems to be separate under steam, intended to play vanilla first)

Can't get to run HOF 1.74.004 right at start - the dialog comes up, tried to set permissions all different ways, but the problem remains (which files should be writable?). Not the biggest problem yet.

After hitting OK and loading the HOF mod, I open up virgin GOTM save, and get the "File is protected because of assets change ... " kind of thing, OK and bang back to desktop.
Tried
1. Combinations of versions of CvGameCoreDLL.dll (orig vs GOTM BtS replacement) and HOFSettings.txt (orig vs. version obtained here)
2. Tried to run assetchecker (even while the game was running), but could not find the path to civ. My path is c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\

Any advice how to fix this?
Thanks in advance

I have just got myself Civ IV via steam and cannot get the HOF Mod to work. Could anyone help me (Denniz possibly)?

Environment Windows 7, Steam, Vanilla (installed Warlords and BtS too, seems to be separate under steam, intended to play vanilla first)

Can't get to run HOF 1.74.004 right at start - the dialog comes up, tried to set permissions all different ways, but the problem remains (which files should be writable?). Not the biggest problem yet.

After hitting OK and loading the HOF mod, I open up virgin GOTM save, and get the "File is protected because of assets change ... " kind of thing, OK and bang back to desktop.
Tried
1. Combinations of versions of CvGameCoreDLL.dll (orig vs GOTM BtS replacement) and HOFSettings.txt (orig vs. version obtained here)
2. Tried to run assetchecker (even while the game was running), but could not find the path to civ. My path is c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\

Any advice how to fix this?
Thanks in advance
You need to use the original release version in steam. Remove your local files and the go into properties, betas tab and select original release. Install and start a game and exit before installing the HOF mod. Repeat for each release (i.e. Vanilla, Warlords and BTS.)

Attachments

• original_release1.png
    original_release1.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 146
You need to use the original release version in steam. Remove your local files and the go into properties, betas tab and select original release. Install and start a game and exit before installing the HOF mod. Repeat for each release (i.e. Vanilla, Warlords and BTS.)

I have already given up the thought I could make this work, but after following your advice - yay! Works like a charm!

Many thanks, I pray that your tiles be full of coins, slices and hammers and your GP always of the right kind.

You are right. I confused it with an Immortal conquest game I played years ago. This was a game I played to test the new mod. Sorry about my confusion.

I'm having trouble with the log in to submit. For the past couple of days it hasn't been working. Is this a known issue?

I'm having trouble with the log in to submit. For the past couple of days it hasn't been working. Is this a known issue?
I haven't seen any messages about an outage. I am able to get in. Can you post a screenshot of the error you are getting?

Just wondering when the game I submitted Sep 3rd will be checked. I'm asking, because tomorrow is the next update.

Thank you very much to the HoF staff for continuing to update and maintain the HoF tables, challenges, gauntlets and quadromaster & elite quadromaster achievement systems!

Top Bottom