Lyrical Girl Captios: The CYOA

A

Also Imma be mad if I don't make an appearance :p

A. Tyo stays and fights

“I’ll fight you!” Tyo screams. Closing her eyes, she wishes her scythe into existence.

“Whoa,” Ninja says, admiring the rather large blade.

“Thanks,” Tyo grins back. With a flourish, she swipes through the air.

The blobs of light finish coalescing into a pair of resplendant figures, as if every bit of both had been lovingly sculpted by a master from head to toe out of blocks of the creamiest marble in all the universe. Their appearance - elaborate cavalry jackets, pristine sashes, gilded hats, shimmering white sabers - remind Tyo of Hungarian light cavalryman from a strategy video game in her past.

But to Tyo, this is certainly no game, not as they both approach Ninja and her, swords drawn and sharp tips swiftly advancing upon her necks. The cat cowers behind a seat to Tyo’s right, certainly not helping her confidence.

Without thinking, Tyo brings her scythe down with a loud grunt. It slides upon the white saber with a crunch, before parrying it and falling to the car floor, slicing across a pole in the process. The soldier in question screeches and leaps forward, like a predator in mid-pounce.

“I will punish you, girl!” the other figure chortles. Tyo sees out the corner of her eye vague forms of Ninja frantically dueling swords and being pushed towards the now-closing door, as it shuts, trapping them all inside as the train begins moving again, the passengers outside utterly oblivious to the otherworldly forces at play within.

A blade comes parrying up at Tyo’s torso, and she barely brings her own sword up in time to parry it, herself being stumbled back several steps. She swears she can see a grin forming on the figure’s face, through a beard worthy of a Renaissance master.

As she swings her scythe again, and once again, and still again, growing accustomed to its airy feather-like weighting and its drag, Tyo feels the magic coarsing through her blood, and increasingly, the weapon feels like it is becoming part of her. She is barely aware of the train halting, the doors opening and closing, and the train moving again. Even as she is against a wall, her supposed benefactor now cowering on the floor, she smiles, for she knows one thing.

She is a magical girl.

“I will end you!”
she shouts at her attacker, rapidly pushing forward and driving it back with a flourish of her blade.

And just as she finishes her words, a violet glow begins to radiate from the tip of the scythe, seeming to momentarily stun her enemy. Finally, Tyo is able to strike one, finishing blow, slicing her enemy in two. It opens its mouth in a scream, but makes no noise as it dissolves into a puddle of glowing goo on the car floor.

Seconds later, Ninja follows, and her sword cleaves the second figure into ooze in the light of her beaming grin.

“I knew you could do it!” the cat says, jumping from under the seat and into the air and clapping its paws repeatedly. “I knew my plan had worked!”

“You...brought us here?” Ninja’s smile fades.

“Yes!” the cat continues with even greater glee. “We’re going to stop Bair! And you’re the ones that were chosen to help!”

“You brought us here?” Ninja repeats.

“Well, yes, of course!” the cat sputters. “Paris! It’s the safest place in the world from Bair. The magical ley lines all converge in the heart of this city. This place draws heroes and magi and wizards and witches like moths to a light - they call it the City of Light for a reason, you know! If we can contact some of these heroes, maybe we have a chance of forming an alliance - and we can take down Bair.”

“Couldn’t you do that yourself then?”

The cat shakes its head. “To prove myself, I had to do something magical. And so - that’s where you came in. I made you.”

The train halts and the clockwork doors open once again - Gare d’Austerlitz lining the platform walls.

“I’m out of here,” Ninja huffs. “If you’re not going to tell me everything, then I’m going back to my plan and leaving for good. Bloody hell, you haven’t even told us your name. I can figure things out better on my own, anyway. If there are so many heroes, then I should run into one of them, yeah?” She turns her back.

“Please don’t leave,” the cat pleads as Ninja shuffles her way towards the open train doors, the invisible timer ticking down.

“Tyo,” Ninja halts, turns back, and calls from above the gap, “are you coming?”

---

Does Tyo…

A. Stay on the train and help the cat in its mission
B. Try to convince Ninja to stay
C. Leave and follow Ninja

This was all a bit much. C sounds like the safe option

Believe in your convincing skills.

B! Leggo leggo

Let's go! A.

B. Tyo tries to convince Ninja to stay

“Please stay, Ninja,” Tyo pleads. “I don’t want to do this alone.”

“Why?” Ninja furrows her eyebrow. “That cat has done nothing but lie to us and hide things from us.”

“Fine!” the cat yelps. “I’ll tell you everything, if you step back on this train. At least wait until we get to the Louvre. If you want to leave then, fine, I won’t try to stop you.”

“Do it, Ninja,” Tyo says. “At the very least, we’ll know part of what’s happening.”

Her eyes dancing back and forth between the train car’s interior and the outside, Ninja slowly takes a hesitant step back toward her companion and the cat, gripping one of the metal poles for support as she eyes the cat down, her laser stare closing down upon its fur like a flurry of approaching swords.

“Now, do it,” Ninja hisses to the harsh musical backdrop of closing doors. “This is your last chance, cat!”

“Now, where to begin?” the cat asks rhetorically, the train pulling out of the station onto the elevated steel-clad rails shunting off to the Seine, Gare d’Austerlitz’s ornate Beaux-Arts edifice angling into visibility out the far window.

“Certainly, your name would be a good place to start,” says Tyo, leaning back against one of the other poles for support, letting her scythe fall lazily by her side and then fade out of existence.

The cat bows its head. “My name is Kaiser,” it replies. “I created you, as I said, to stop Bair.”

“And how did you do that?” Ninja asks, her voice spiced with incredulity as the train curves over onto a viaduct across the Seine, the bulbous stark white modernist pier of Pont Charles de Gaulle lining the azure afternoon Francillien backdrop.

“I cannot explain properly without years of magical training on your part.”

“Well then,” Ninja sighs, throwing her hands up. “There you go again.”

Kaiser’s eyes widen. “No, no! Okay, I’ll try to explain. I cast a spell that would find the most magically inclined girls in the world, bestow them with powers, and bring them here, to Paris. Like I said, it’s the one place where we can protect ourselves from Bair the best. Unfortunately, Tyo, it seems that in your case, one of Bair’s minions found out, and interfered with the process.”

“Red,” Tyo says, clenching her fist, seeing the picture of that red-dressed girl flash into her pressing memory. She can feel the faintest acceleration in her pulse, the faintest trace of an involuntary smirk, the faintest droplet of rue in her stomach - and for none of these does she truly know why.

“I don’t know how,” the cat continues as the train delves underground and into Quai de la Rapée, “but she tried to stop you. It is truly lucky we found you at Corvisart, then.”

“I...er, I see,” Tyo says, noting Ninja’s odd glance in her direction.

“See,” Kaiser says, gasping for air. “Bair was holding me captive in her lair for years, and I assure you, she will not stop until all the world is under her grasp. We must stop her! The things I saw...the snakes…so many snakes...” it petered off, unable to think.

The train pulls into another station as Ninja and Tyo look at each other, blank expressions in both their eyes.

“Bastille,” Kaiser says, perking up, seemingly pleased for the distraction. “This is our stop. To get to the Louvre, we’ve got to take Line 1 out in the direction of La Défense.”

But no sooner do the doors open does Tyo find herself staring dead into the eyes of a very familiar red-dressed girl, another cat - a feline who could have been Kaiser’s twin - resting on her shoulder.

“Found you, Tyo,” she hears.

“Red.”

“Ah,” Red says, hardly bearing even the slightest trace of annoyance over her all-breaking smirk. “Now that didn’t take very long now, did it?”

Tyo has no time to react, for Kaiser is next to hiss.

“Seon.”

---

Does Tyo…

A. Try to fight her way through
B. Give in and join Red and Seon
C. Try to convince Red and Seon to join them
D. Stay on the train and try to hold Red and Seon off

B. eh, why not.

B seems like a safe option here. Red seems like a nicer person that this cat that's bossing us around

Top Bottom