Random crashes when ending turn from strategic view

spiffamoo

Chieftain
Hi, I'm playing with DX9 currently, and am having random crashes when I end turns from within the strategic view screen. Its driving me up the wall since I can't seem to find the cause of this. Does anybody have the same problem or can suggest a good workaround? I'm not playing with high resolution textures.

Yes, I know I can end turn from the main screen :p but I would still like to fix this annoyance...

I'm having this problem. I can't play for more than 40-50 turns without the game crashing in strategic view. Once a game starts crashing, reloading saves and replaying doesn't fix it.

I like to play turns after 150ish in strategic view since the turns go much faster but they don't go faster when the game crashes all the time.

I have constant (every 10-15 mins of play time) crashes in strat view ... they happen during my turn/during the AI turns/any time. Get them in DX9 & 11, with & w/o High Detail strategic view. I got them on the .17 & .20 patch levels, not sure about the initial release version, I don't think I played very long on it.

win 7x64
core2duo (E6800 iirc)
4 GB RAM
Geforce 8800 GTS 512

Using the strategic view is a sure way to make the game crash in a short time here, although it seems to happen when I switch from strategic view back to normal view, not if I go into strategic view once and keep playing the game from there.

You can add me to the list also. Random crashes when using strategic view.

Same here it hogs all the Ram until it crashes, last time it crashed the app in task manager said it was using 1.3 Gb out of my 2 Gb
No crashes whatsoever in Normal view though

I have the problem as well. In fact, it's my only problem with Civ5 so far. I read on the 2K forums that they've identified the problem. Whatever that means.

Top Bottom