Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

So I'm running into a tiny bug where clicking the diplomacy overview button doesn't do anything. The rest of the buttons on that panel work fine however like Victory Progress, Espionage, etc. I have narrowed it down to Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod v10 as disabling that fixes the issue and the diplomacy overview button works again. As listed in the installation instructions I removed TopPanel.lua from CDM's InGame folder, tried deleting mod cache, restarting Civ 5 but the issue remains. I can live with it but is anyone else also experiencing it?

I have another bug I'm experiencing too but not sure what might be at fault. In this screenshot you'll see that weird black border around the hex tiles. It happens whenever I go into the City View (I think thats what its called?) and if you zoom in, anything black turns a red color. Here's a list of all the mods I had activated plus 3rd Unique Component which I couldn't fit in. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

I do realize that this sound more like something brought up in the CBP, but I've already brought it to attention there and I'm hoping to find a possible fix here. Help is appreciated.

I also did say that but I've been ejected (and will no post more in CBP threads) and Gazebo confirmed it's a EUI problem so while waiting for the corrected EUI version must play with and old CP/CBP.

Yeah, apparently it's EUI. That sucks, I hope it's easy to fix. Here's the lua and database to help find out.

Attachments

• Database.rar
    652 bytes · Views: 91
  • Lua.rar
    6.6 KB · Views: 94
<materializes from CBP thread>

Yeah, apparently it's EUI. That sucks, I hope it's easy to fix. Here's the lua and database to help find out.

I checked and it goes away if either EUI OR Really Advanced Setup is deselected.
It survives resolution and windowed/full screen changes.
I'll post more if and as I find it, and I'll try to figure out how to post my lua/db files next time it happens.

Never mind, I finally got it to crash with just EUI, no RAS at all, just cleared cache before start of game.

Attachments

• Lua.7z
    27.3 KB · Views: 112
  • CvMiniDump.7z
    17.8 KB · Views: 75
Nobody knows how to correct the bug on tech menu hovering? It will be a hard choice between EUI and CBP :/

Nobody knows how to correct the bug on tech menu hovering? It will be a hard choice between EUI and CBP :/

Strec, check the CBP forums for the thread on announcing the 9/4 patch; I haven't confirmed yet personally, but Crimson had luck with a fix another user came up with.

I have a problem. Every now and then, hovering over a leader's head displays most things twice:
Spoiler :
I haven't been able to identify when/why this happens. Sometimes I can play for a long time without seeing it. Sometimes it happens almost immediately. ONCE I saw it resolve itself. Every other time, I've had to close Civ 5 and re-launch it to get it to go away.

Current Complete Edition version, EUI 1.27b, no other mods. Finally got around to enabling logs (attached as required).

[EDIT]
Wanted to add that I've tweaked EUI in 2 ways. One couldn't have anything to do with this. The other, I don't know. In LeaderHeadRoot.xml, I've changed the 1st code block to the 2nd code block:
Spoiler :
Code:
<Stack ID="ButtonStack" Anchor="C,C" StackGrowth="Right" Padding="10" Hidden="1">
			<GridButton ID="DiscussButton" Style="FrameButton200" String="TXT_KEY_DIPLO_DISCUSS_BUTTON"/>
			<GridButton ID="TradeButton" Style="FrameButton200" String="TXT_KEY_DIPLO_TRADE_BUTTON" Font="TwCenMT22"/>
			<GridButton ID="GoodByeButton" Style="FrameButton200" String="TXT_KEY_GOODBYE_BUTTON" Font="TwCenMT22"/>
			<GridButton ID="DemandButton" Style="FrameButton200" String="TXT_KEY_DIPLO_DEMAND_BUTTON" Font="TwCenMT22"/>
			<GridButton ID="WarButton" Size="200,32" TextOffset="0,-2" String="TXT_KEY_DIPLO_DECLARE_WAR" Hidden="0" Font="TwCenMT22">
				<GridData Style="Grid9DarkBlue8Button" />
Code:
<Stack ID="ButtonStack" Anchor="C,C" StackGrowth="Right" Padding="10" Hidden="1">
			<GridButton ID="WarButton" Style="FrameButton200" String="TXT_KEY_DIPLO_DECLARE_WAR" Font="TwCenMT22"/>
			<GridButton ID="DemandButton" Style="FrameButton200" String="TXT_KEY_DIPLO_DEMAND_BUTTON" Font="TwCenMT22"/>
			<GridButton ID="GoodByeButton" Style="FrameButton200" String="TXT_KEY_GOODBYE_BUTTON" Font="TwCenMT22"/>
			<GridButton ID="DiscussButton" Style="FrameButton200" String="TXT_KEY_DIPLO_DISCUSS_BUTTON" Font="TwCenMT22"/>
			<GridButton ID="TradeButton" Size="200,32" TextOffset="0,-2" Hidden="0" String="TXT_KEY_DIPLO_TRADE_BUTTON" Font="TwCenMT22">
				<GridData Style="Grid9DarkBlue8Button" />
I didn't know what I was doing, but it seems to accomplish what I set out to. Which was to put the peaceful buttons closer to where my mouse would be on that screen. Could this have caused it?

Attachments

• LuaDOTlog.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 72
That game looks... Familiar. ;)
Also I'm getting a bug: the game doesn't show yields for resources on flood plains(using the Communities map from CP).

All,

I'm returning to Civ 5 after quite an absence (and a disappointing experience with Civ BE) I've returned to Civ 5, and have been recommended the CBP (and associated files) and EUI (CBP version from CP page), but I appear to be having issues with the EUI. These are the steps I have taken (all per the CP instructions page):

1. Saved the following (unzipped) files into the MODS folder (all downloaded from the instructions page):
Community Patch (v9-9v2)
Community Balance Patch (v9-9v2)
City-State Diplomacy Mod (v9-9)
Civ 4 Diplomacy Features (6/19)
Barathor's More Luxuries
CBP - Compatibility Mod (EUI Version) (v9-9)

2. Saved the following (unzipped) files into the DLC folder:
EUI (CBP Version) (9/5)

3. Deleted the following folders:
LUA folder in the main Community Patch mod folder
LUA folder in the main Community Balance Patch mod folder

4. Enabled mods in Civ 5.

However, I don't believe the enchanced UI is working - specifcally, whenever I mouse over any building icons, I get the following (other mouse overs seem to work ok):

assets\DLC\UI_bc1\Core\EUI_tooltips.lua:11
21:attempt to call field
'GetPovertyHappinessChangeBuilding'(a nil value)

Latest version of Civ 5 complete (1.0.3.279) and Win 10 if that matters.

Any ideas what's gone wrong? Would love to give this a try.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi,

I have searched for an answer to my problem but I get no further than repeatedly finding this topic.

I've downloaded the ui_bc1 mod to the correct folder and the game looks great but the box in the bottom left corner for what my units can do has now vanished. I can use the keyboard keys to control most things - which I find a pain as I like playing wíth a mouse.

Windows 7
Version of the game is 1.0.3.279

I'm pretty sure it will be an easy fix, but I don't know to frame the correct question. Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Played around with the mods I had and disabled all the ones with a UI prefix. Problem solved.

Hey Everyone,

I recently downloaded CP for Piety & Sovereignty, but for some reason the yields display only food.

I'm using the latest version of both CP & Enhanced UI

Hey, I have a problem with my EUI.
I can't delete units, when I press the button nothing happens.
Has anybody else encountered this problem?

Hey Everyone,

I recently downloaded CP for Piety & Sovereignty, but for some reason the yields display only food.

I'm using the latest version of both CP & Enhanced UI

Delete the YieldIconManager files (x2) in MODS/Community Patch/LUA

I wanted to install the EUI Modpack several times, but couldn't get it to work. Civ5 was installed via Steam, and it's running on osx10.10. The paths listed in the Instructions somehow don't seem to exist on my system. Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/ etc. seems to be completely gone. I've noticed this with other software (photoshop plugins) before, so I'm guessing that it's a change in the system architecture of 10.10.

I've found the Civ5 folder within Users/<user_name>/Documents/Aspyr/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/, but theres is no .app package. Creating the folders mentioned in instructions didn't help, the EUI won't load ingame.

Any help appreciated & thanks for all your work on the mod!
(hope i picked the right thread for this, I'm new here)

meklovin on reddit provided the following answer, which solves the problem, posting this here in case you want to update the Instructions.

The path described in the Instructions seems to be hidden by default in 10.10, to reveal it you'll have to open a finder Window, reveal the "Go" Menu and press the "Alt" Button on your keyboard. An item "Library" will appear, containing the path described in the Introduction.

For the past couple of days, I've been trying to get this mod to work with me. I really like the style and the fact that this is the only diplomatic value mod that I could manage to make work. Anyways, I got this all fired up with some quality of life mods and two bigger mods, which are infoaddict and civ IV diplomacy values. I was stupid in the way I did it, was to impatient, and started a match without doing most of the compatibility things. I had the little problem with the infoaddict button on the minimap, wasn't the end of the world, everything else was fine. The main issue was that instead of deleting specific files, I just skimmed over the compatibility section in the Diplo Values mod, and deleted to entire ui folder from inside of it. Suprisingly, it still managed to work, just I couldn't see any of the options related to the mod and the files were still registering vassals and tech selling and such.
The next day, I went ahead and tried to fix this problem. I went in, deleted the Diplo mods files entirely, redownloaded it(this was from the workshop, as is every mod that isn't EUI), and did the fix for infoaddict, which is deleting the EUI leaderhead folder. Problem is, when I went ingame, my textures were incredibly messed up. Here is a steam community screenshot showing what happened(I'm sorry if this is the wrong way to put in pictures, I don't really use this forum and just made this account because of this issue):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=517860559
As you can see, it's kind of a big deal. I was very confused about this, and spent hours closing the game, reopening, unactivating and reactivating mod, nothing helped. I managed to get it down to almost fine, but there were still small areas of textures errors which were highly distracting. After spending around 5 hours trying to fix this problem, I gave up, and uninstalled the game to reinstall it. Once my very slow internet finished installing it, I started it up, only to lo and behold have the same problem. After a much shorter time unsuccessfully trying to get it to work, I uninstalled it again, this time making sure to browse my c: disk and documents to delete every trace folder related to civ 5, and redownloaded it once again. This time it worked, but then the problem presented itself again.
This is a rather long wall of text, and I'm sorry, I'm drawing to a close here shortly. Anyways, I tested the game out without downloading EUI or any mods at all. This worked fine. I downloaded EUI and tested it. Again, fine. Now, I downloaded infoaddict. Oh boy. I went ahead and let it download through the ingame mod menu but didn't start a match. Instead, I closed civ and went ahead and deleted the leaderhead module. I went ingame, and behold, glorious texture errors! As my soul fell out through my feet, I deleted the infoaddict folder from my mods folder, restored leaderhead, done. Unfortunately I didn't test to see if it was working yet, and instead I jumped into getting some mods. These were mainly just game affects, no civs or anything that would directly conflict with anything in the UI or eui files(to my knowledge). The largest mod I got was R.E.D., which is supposed to be compatible. Anyways, I go ingame, aaaaand you guessed it, texture errors. This time black squares instead of just red ones.
I've tried various fixes such as disabling texture decompressing and such, and managed to get it back down to rare occurrences, but it's still there. In this case, I deleted the entire cache, mod, and moduserdata folders, verified the game cache, and relaunched. Still there. I'm about to uninstall the game fully and redownload it a third time, running on just bare-bones mods and eui just because I want to play the game and I really enjoy eui, but it's annoying.
So I have a couple big questions.
1. Why would deleting the leaderhead folder completely corrupt my game textures, even after replacing the folder and deleting the offending files?
2. Is there any other way I can get the two mods working together? I don't really mind not having the civ 4 fetures, but I really like infoaddict and EUI, and it would be a shame to have to choose just one.
3. I'm going to be testing another time without trying infoaddict unless needed this coming time, but I'm getting paranoid about adding any mods due to what's happening. Should I be?
Sorry for this enormous post. If anybody has any clue how to fix it and wants to walk me through it I can enable the lua log and try to replicate the problem. This is just highly confusing because I've modded games such as Skyrim, Dragon age: origins, and Fallout:NV extensively and never had a problem this large that is unsolvable without a relatively short process. I didn't even have this hard of a time getting FO3 to work on win 8. Anyways, thanks for your time and if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

I may be missing something simple but no matter what i do it will not show up in-game, someone please give me some advice :/

I may be missing something simple but no matter what i do it will not show up in-game, someone please give me some advice :/

It's only by chance that I noticed the title of your post. If you read in the opening post's installation instructions, EUI is technically a DLC, not a mod. Place it where the installation instructions say and you'll be on your way.

Top Bottom