"Terre Vibrante" has got to go (European war music)

Tiktaalik

Chieftain
If I never listen to Terre Vibrante again, it will be too soon. For those of you not familiar with the title of the track, this is that song that gets stuck on an endless loop when you are a European civ and at war. It sounds like a long, drawn-out, atonal wail. It is reminiscent of the combined buzzing drone of billions of insects hovering above the waters of Lake Victoria. I want to delete the .ogg file (found in Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\Sounds\Streamed\Music\Europe\War) and be rid of it forever. My only questions are:
  1. Will removing the .ogg file cause the game to crash when it goes looking for it?
  2. Will I be unable to get Steam achievements because I changed the game data? (If I didn't care about achievements, I'd download the Music Changer app instead.)

Instead of all that trouble. Do you have some other music player on your computer? If so play that instead.

You can install the mod on Steam Workshop that adds a button after clicking which the game automatically goes to the next music piece. It's necessary for me whenever I play any Native American civs, because there's several tracks of old, annoying guys singing which I just can't stand.

Anyway, forgot the name of the mod, but I think it was Music Replacer, Music Switcher, Music Swapper or something like that. I could get you the name tomorrow after I open civ 5, but I think a short search on Steam Workshop should get you the name anyway.

Me? Well, I'm planning to replace my Civ 5 music files with unfitting stuff, because why not. Granted, I wanted to do that for long time but haven't done anything yet, so I don't know when it'll happen...

You could just replace the file. I did that for the BNW menu theme. It was the same boring one-worldy 'kumbaya poop' as Baba Yetu, and made me grain up just as much. So I replaced it with the music from Gods and Kings, and voila! Problem solved!

Really wish there could be some background Euro War music that is triumphant and mighty, rather than all those depressing dirges!

Yeah, I kind of find that the music set a synergy toward the type of game I end up playing.

I don't actually mind that one since its easy to ignore but there's a certain violin piece that seems to last forever and is just annoying as all hell.

Found it, it's called Les Adieux! ARGH!

Top Bottom