Custom Conquest Quick Game 1 - results

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
Here are the results of the Custom Conquest Quick Game 1

While some concentrated on building curraghs like mad, others even developed small empires while exploring in this game.

1. Ronald - 2270BC
  2. DaveMcW - 2150BC
  3. Twonky - 2030BC
  4. zyxy - 1990BC
  5. ts64 - 1910BC
  6. Ginger_Ale - 1790BC
  7. azzaman333 - 1050BC

Great job Ronald!

A free city on the other side of the island was probably as powerful as the GL-SGL. But you also mined the cow for early 3-turn curraghs, while I was stuck at 4-turns.

DaveMcW said:
Great job Ronald!

A free city on the other side of the island was probably as powerful as the GL-SGL. But you also mined the cow for early 3-turn curraghs, while I was stuck at 4-turns.

Thanks, the free city was great and powerful. The key I think was to concentrate on prodution first and not on growth. I got my first curragh in 5 turns by using the forrest and then switched to the mined cow.

Rik Meleet said:
Did you like the game ?

It was fun since it was completely different from normal games.

Ronald

I did like it a lot! :)
Especially because it was really not time-intensive. We didn´t have to bother with a big empire to manage and the goal could be reached in a reasonable amount of turns.
The only drawback I felt about the game is that the goal was a little unrealistic in terms of regular civ-games. Normally, you would either explore to find places to settle or more often to make contacts. So I would have prefered the goal to be like: ´make contact with all other civs asap´ or something like that.
But this is just a minor issue, as it would not have changed the overall strategy.

As for the future: what do you guys think about 20k-training? I could surely need some. The goal might be: ´maximize culture and culture per turn in one city until 500 BC´. Something along these lines?

Rik Meleet said:
Did you like the game ?

Yes! It sort of seems like a simple task but reading the spoilers there were many ways to do it. More please!

Top Bottom