QSC-C2e - Hannabaline & the 300 Spartans - Emperor

So I wonder Charis is it possible to win a by domination with only 2 self built cities. :hmmm:. ???? Am I getting warm?

Hotrod

I had considered counting on trade or a hut to get Pottery, it is a cheap tech, but I didn't want to take the chance on it being delayed, and I didn't know right away that I would have 2 expansionist neighbors. In fact, if I had, I probably wouldn't have wasted the time on the third warrior, I basically didn't have a chance at any huts anyway, with all the scouts and jag warriors running all over the place. I was looking to see if anyone had any better luck with huts, but it doesn't look like it. But I figure all the cheap workers have made up for it!

@Charis: I was guessing a 5 City Challenge, after reading your strategy article, but if so I thought you would have built more by now, so I am still guessing. Maybe a fresh-water only strategy, since you keep talking about the lake cities?

2590 BC (30): Pre-turn- nothing to change.

2550 BC (31):
(IT): Barb warrior suicides against spartan hoplite.

2510 BC (32): MM Carthage to grow the turn the settler is built.

2470 BC (33):

2430 BC (34): Carthage produces a settler, which is sent out with the hoplite to claim the furs.

2390 BC (35): Alphabet + 8 gold gets me The Wheel from Hiawatha. The Wheel + Alphabet gets me Iron Working + 10 gold from X-man. Iron Working + 14 gold gets me Mysticism + barb worker from Monty. Iron is revealed in Carthage's radius, in a mountain to the northwest, in Iro territory, and north of Iro territory... that's a lot of iron on this island! Horses are also revealed to the northwest of Carthage, to be grabbed with the next city.

2350 BC (36):

2310 BC (37): Utica founded. Lux tax to 10% to quiet Carthage

2270 BC (38): Carthage MMed to build settler and grow on the next turn.

2230 BC (39): Carthage builds settler; starts another. Lux tax dropped.

2190 BC (40): Furs are hooked up, and a settler is one turn away from the next city site.

(IT): The Persians settle Susa right next to Washington, in a location that will grab horses but grow very slowly.

2150 BC (41):

2110 BC (42): Leptis Magna founded. Carthage MMed again.

2070 BC (43): Diplo check reveals two Iroquois workers available... I buy them for 54 gold.

2030 BC (44): Carthage builds settler; starts another.

1990 BC (45): The Aztecs have Writing; I am six turns away. Abe has plenty of money to buy it from Monty.

1950 BC (46): Theveste founded. Monty hasn't traded Writing away yet.

1910 BC (47): Carthage MMed. America has bought Writing for all his gold.

(IT): I see Niagra Falls go green... the Aztecs are at war with the Iroquois!

1870 BC (48): Hoplite moves to Utica- losing a luxury would set me back more at this point than access to not-yet-expanded cultural boundaries and I mislike the look of X-man's spear. Warrior from Carthage sent to Leptis Magna- Carthage can build a defender fast, and I want my border cities defended from now on, as the AI seems to have used up its expansion phase and has headed into war mode.

1830 BC (49): Carthage builds settler, starts hoplite. Settler heads out to meet the wandering warrior. Lux tax dropped for now. America has Writing and Math- Monty should be able to buy it shortly.

(IT): Two American warriors approach Utica. Abe can't be thinking of attacking... with warriors? I know undefended cities are supposed to provoke the AI, but this is ridiculous.

1790 BC (50): Writing is due in one turn, and Utica has been MMed to build another hoplite in one turn rather than two in case Abe is after us. He doesn't have units to reach Carthage to build a hoplite, and if he attacks, he's in trouble.

(IT): Writing discovered; Map Making started at 10%.

1750 BC (51): American warriors pass by for now. Mass embassy building ensues now that we have Writing, to tell us when various AI's are too busy fighting each other to oppose neo-Carthage.

Embassy in Tenochtitlan reveals Monty building archers without a barracks, at size one. He has spices there, and a river, but no food bonus, with a two spear garrison.

Embassy in Washington reveals a settler being built in 18 turns, with two irrigated floodplain tiles being worked, and a clown! It seems buying the workers has stopped Abe from irrigating any plains in his capital, crippling its shield growth. He has no luxuries at all- the nearby incense is not even connected. One spear garrisons the city.

Embassy in Salamanca reveals an entertainer, no luxuries, no connection to other cities, two spears and an archer. He's probably whipped it to death to stave off Monty's jags.

Embassy in Persepolis reveals its location not far south of American territory, with a happy citizen linked up to incense not visible in the radius- X-man hasn't sold us any workers, and the results are visible. He has one spear there, and is building another- a settler is probably headed this way. No food bonuses at all, and a mined plain square- he hasn't been able to get irrigation from Abe's territory down to the city.

Embassies also reveal that Persia and Azteca are allied against the Iroquois, with an RoP deal. Everyone else is at peace with each other. Given that X-man is now buying tech at 4th civ prices, I empty his coffers of 80 gold with Writing, before Monty or Abe gets it. Abe has Mathematics, but it's not worth buying at 2nd civ prices. In the interests of getting something from the Iroquois before they die, as they appear to be gassed, I sell Writing to them for 45 gold.

After looking at the international situation, I send the extra hoplite from Utica to Carthage, and initiate mass barracks production. Research is swapped to Polytheism as I'll probably have to be at war for a while.

(IT): Abe has founded Philadelphia in a 'cultural push' position just south of Carthage. This insult will have to be dealt with. :hammer:

1725 BC (52):

1700 BC (53):

1675 BC (54): Workers start mining iron hill for later use.

(IT): Hiawatha wants an alliance vs. the Persians. Sorry, not yet. Abe, or whatever civ is foolish to attack me before then, is next.

1650 BC (55): Hippo founded, starting temple due to proximity to Aztec territory and Aztec settler pair right next to it. . Carthage builds 'rax, starts warrior for sword upgrade.

1625 BC (56): Lincoln demands tribute... we are almost ready, so I refuse him. He backs down!

1600 BC (57):

1575 BC (58): I notice an Aztec archer wandering around... hopefully Monty has the sense to wait to go to war with me until after he's done with Hiawatha.

(IT): The Most Advanced Nations of the World:
1. Germany
2. America
3. Persia
4. Iroquois
5. Aztecs
6. Carthage
7. Greece

1550 BC (59): America is only up by Mathematics, and Persia is not up on tech at all, so we're doing just fine- at Emperor rates, gold is often more valuable than beakers, especially when that gold buys pointy swords to extract tech. Germany must have its own island to expand on, or have extracted techs from Greece. Diplo check reveals Iros have one less city and the Aztecs have one more- not good news.

(IT): A Persian settler/spear pair moves south of Utica... if he overlaps, he might go immediately after Abe. No Iron for you here, X-man, no matter how well your big brothers in another SG may treat you there.

1525 BC (60): Carthage keeps building warriors every turn, and is MMed for shields to keep it happy. Persia has Horseback Riding.. and Abe has Mathematics... the price will go down soon, so I decide to wait- I need upgrade cash for those warriors. There is an Aztec archer in my territory, which is worrisome, but it is probably just passing through right now. Jags are fairly useless against hoplites, and my barracks-building program is almost complete. Besides, Hiawatha is still holding onto his capital. Carthage will expand in one turn to claim horses, and I have another source near Theveste.

The saves for turns 30-60

Wow... after reading other people's reports, I think I will end up last this round, with only five cities and one of those freshly founded. No contacts with Mao or Bizzy, either. With the Aztecs taking all my good city spots, I figured switching over to war production might be a good idea... but I'll probably still be way behind later, unless the RNG favors me. And what's this self-researching I see people doing? Usually trying to do that on Emperor will get you clobbered with nothing to trade and no gold to buy it with... maybe having more AI in the mix changed things.

A quick look at posted screenshots show that we have all decided to locate our cities somewhat differently. In the end we appear to occupy somewhat the same area but not in order of creation.

Utica have been UP or to the LEFT. I wonder how much of an impact will this have on the game.

@Borealis:
And what's this self-researching I see people doing? Usually trying to do that on Emperor will get you clobbered with nothing to trade and no gold to buy it with... maybe having more AI in the mix changed things.

Well I research for as long as there is a point. If I can keep up with the AI (which has not proved to be much of a problem so far) I do it. If I notice I start to lag behind, that means I start war production.

I think the reason it has worked out quite well so far is that the AI civs have been quite small. All smaller than myself (as far as I know). Not to mention that in your little corner of the world there are only four AI, the others are off in the never never land of darkness (as far as I know). Not to mention they haven't started "gifting" techs to eachother just yet.

People are researching for themselves for a good reason, and not the one flexo gave...

Self-research is very important if you're pursuing a 'fastest victory' win condition, which is the stated post-qsc goal here. Self-research costs you cash, as it's more expensive than buying it. When you feel you can/will win the game despite wasting some cash, you can afford to research more techs yourself to speed up the tech pace. Going along with this will be tech gifting in some cases.

The other reason for self-research would be if you want a specific technology quickly for an immediate need, like most folks researching pottery to start, or Iron Working. Other than that, if you're doing research because you 'can', that's just throwing away money compared to buying it at 3rd civ prices. The most economical means is the following, when there are four decent civs including two who are very good at research. The first two will get a tech first (self-research) then second (pay-through-the-nose). Sometimes this happens for two techs. Then when a third civ gets one but not the other, you have a "2-fer" situation, and can buy the tech they don't have and sell it in trade for the one they do. On deity lvl, or on emperor with a weak start or weak economy, doing this is important to not lagging too far behind in tech. You basically stay around two techs 'behind' the leaders but pay a fraction of their cost for tech.

In this game the tech pace has been slow because our AI friends have been very slow to make contact with the other continent.

Charis

Just to say that you guys are showing a skill in this game that I doubt I will ever reach... :worshp:

I am sorry not to have enough time to dedicate to this SG -even so, it is an extremely rewarding and instructive experience. I surely will make sure that I can participate more fully to the next one!

(31) 2550BC
Carthage grows to size 2 again, and I ensure both citizens are working the mined grasslands to crank out the granary faster.

(32) 2510BC
Ultica is connected to our road network, and I move the worker onto the furs to get them hooked up.

(33) 2470BC
The Iroquois have acquired Iron Working. I will wait for someone else to get it before buying. I may be able to exchange this for Mysticism at some point.

(34) 2430BC
I buy another worker from the Aztecs for 35 gold.
No change in the tech situation.

(35) 2390BC
(36) 2350BC
Furs are connected to our cities. We are a happy people.

(37) 2310BC
(38) 2270BC
(39) 2230BC
Well, Iron working got sold around, but Persia was left out of the trading.
60 gold goes to the Iroquois for Mysticism.
Mysticism to Persia for their entire treasury of 28 gold.
40 gold + 3 gold per turn to America for Iron Working.
We have iron just outside Carthage's borders.
Granary completes at Carthage, 1 turn before it hit population 3. Settler started.

(40) 2190BC

Arizona_Steve - 2190BC

(41) 2150BC
(42) 2110BC
I notice that Writing is being researched at 10%. I move the science slider down to 0%.
Lincoln demands 15 gold. I cave, but note that I'll need to start building military soon.

(43) 2070BC
(44) 2030BC
Carthage hits size 4.
Carthage builds settler, starts another.

(45) 1990BC
America has learned Writing, but has not traded it around yet.

(46) 1950BC
Two additional workers are bought from the Iroquois for 20 gold + 2 gold / turn.

(47) 1910BC
Ultica completes it's barracks and starts one of those Spartan Hopelite thingys.

(48) 1870BC
Leptis Magna is founded next to the iron. A warrior is ordered.
Iron is connected to our empire. This also connects Leptis Magna to the network, making it another happy city.
America and the Iroquois both have writing. Persia STILL does not have Iron working. They must've got a classic Epic 14 dud start (T).
I switch Ultica to temple to get a couple of useful squares (including the horses) into play.

(49) 1830BC
I note now that all four civs (including Persia) have both Writing and Horseback Riding. My guess is that Persia researched it then traded it round to get to tech parity.
I buy writing from America for 29 gold + 5/turn. This improves Lincoln's mood from Annoyed to Cautious.
An exploring warrior gets beaten ON THE MOUNTAINS by a barbarian warrior.

(50) 1790BC
I switch Leptis Magna over to a granary as it's warrior was auto-changed to a swordsman and will take far too long to complete. It'll make a good settler/worker factory, and I will build and send a unit from Carthage once the settler there completes.

Arizona_Steve - 1790BC

(51) 1750BC
I switch Carthage to max shields and start an archer, as Leptis Magna desperately needs a defender.

(52) 1725BC
Xerxes comes demanding 8 gold. With only 3 military units in our empire, I cave.

(53) 1700BC
Theveste founded to get the horses inside our borders, and to eventually pull in the other two ivory. With a prebuilt road, it is already connected to our empire. I start it on an archer.
America builds an embassy in our capital. They also found Philadelpha just where I wanted to put a city.

(54) 1675BC
Carthage builds an archer, starts a settler. The archer will be sent to Leptis Magna.

(55) 1650BC
(56) 1625BC
A barbarian warrior threatens one of our workers. Fortunately he can be covered by our archer.

(57) 1600BC
The barbarian warrior bypasses our archer and moves towards a second worker. He is promptly put to death.

(58) 1575BC
(59) 1550BC
I send the settler that just popped out of Carthage to snag a second source of horses. He is accompanied by the defending warrior (leaving Carthage temporarily empty), as I believe there's a barbarian camp nearby.
Leptis Magna finally has a fortified defender.
America and the Aztecs have Philosophy.
I buy Philosophy from America for 29 gold + 4/turn.
I then swap Philosophy with Persia for Horseback Riding.
I then sell Philosophy to the Iroquois for 37 gold (I would prefer that I got the money instead of someone else).
The Iroquois then proceed to demand 20 gold back. The cheek of it!

(60) 1525BC

Arizona_Steve - 1525BC

Originally posted by Charis
People are researching for themselves for a good reason, and not the one flexo gave...

Self-research is very important if you're pursuing a 'fastest victory' win condition, which is the stated post-qsc goal here. Self-research costs you cash, as it's more expensive than buying it. When you feel you can/will win the game despite wasting some cash, you can afford to research more techs yourself to speed up the tech pace. Going along with this will be tech gifting in some cases.

The other reason for self-research would be if you want a specific technology quickly for an immediate need, like most folks researching pottery to start, or Iron Working. Other than that, if you're doing research because you 'can', that's just throwing away money compared to buying it at 3rd civ prices. The most economical means is the following, when there are four decent civs including two who are very good at research. The first two will get a tech first (self-research) then second (pay-through-the-nose). Sometimes this happens for two techs. Then when a third civ gets one but not the other, you have a "2-fer" situation, and can buy the tech they don't have and sell it in trade for the one they do. On deity lvl, or on emperor with a weak start or weak economy, doing this is important to not lagging too far behind in tech. You basically stay around two techs 'behind' the leaders but pay a fraction of their cost for tech.

In this game the tech pace has been slow because our AI friends have been very slow to make contact with the other continent.

Charis
Man, I actually research for two differnt reasons than even these......I research to 1) SLOW the tech pace down, especially if I am going for conquest or domination and 2) it keeps money out of the AI's hands. Money I spend on research goes into the air, it doesn't finance the AI to do farther research.
This works only in the first age when there are many pathes down which to travel. Once you enter the second age, there are only two pathes and you have most likely gone to a non-depotic government. You must switch your strat at that point.

Basically, what I do is research what I believe the AI will go for next (actually this is pretty predictable). Most of the AI will research one or two techs at worst. Pick the one that will be researched by the AI that is iin the tech lead or is scientific. These will usually be the same. You will be several turns behind the AI as you are not pumping all that you can into the research. Once the first two AI's get the tech, you can then purchase it from them for very little cash. For instance, in my game I purchased several techs in the 20-40 gold range and these were not first tier techs. You can then turn around and get your money back and more by selling this tech to the slower AIs. You can also use this to get the same 2-for-1 deals when the AIs research down tow differnt pathes. This strat slows down the pace of research because I am not researching things the AI isn't. This gives me more time to play the farmers gambit, and extends the life of the units you can purchase cheaper at those lower techs.

However, I will admit that this strat is probably no one that will win this contest, as too much is placed on the fact that you have more tech and not what your tech level is in relation to your neighbor. It also slows down contact as the AI does not really research writing as early as a human will (as they are not interested in 2-for-1 deals). The slower contact will also slow the tech pace and hurt the score of my game. If we were going for space launch, I would agree that a faster tech pace would be the optimum way to proceed.

More than one way to a skinny cat.....er, something like that....

Good point Meldor. If you can predict what the AI will go for, or go slow enough they get there first anyway, that's a good one. As for speed of the game, another good point. You probably want to speed up the research some if Navigation is *required* to go get the other continent, *if* you can wipe out your own continent with Knights (or Swords :hammer: ) OTOH if you don't need that to get across, slowing the tech race is better -- the thing to avoid is anyone ever getting rifles, or if you're really doing well, slowing the pace that foes get gunpowder, so your Knights do well longer.

The thing to note about your research suggestion is that you *want* to get beat to the tech you're researching. For most games/folks, seeing the turn count drop just as your about to get to a tech is painful, as you lose the chance to sell it for a lot of cash. On this difficulty and map, none of the AI seem to have much cash anyway :p

Charis

As I said, it really only works in the first age. There are six pathes to go up the tree to start. Once you get to the Middle Age there really are only two pathes. It make this strat less of a good thing as the AI will follow both pathes and there is little you can do to slow this down. The research you add at this level doesn't do much for you. You are also more likely to need all the money you can to keep things upgraded as needed and to rush all of the buildings that suddenly appear.

AS with all strats, this one needs to be taken with a grain of salt. If you are on a small island map or a continent map and you are on the side with the fewer AI contacts, then you need to hasten research so you can gain contact before you are too far behind.

I actually have come to were I like to steal techs later on. It costs about the same amount of money, and the money doesn't go to the last person you want to enrich. It keeps a big AI from getting bigger, and you have the tech.....of course, you may have to pay the hard way if you get caught and they declare. That assumes of course you have the money on hand, which at deity can present some problems. At this level, unless you have a really bad start (like we had in our last SG, poor Korea) you should have cash problems. Some of us even have to make up strange variations just to keep it interesting. :eek: :lol:

And, yes, my intention is to take out at least the Aztecs with the sword. I would like to take out two but I may run out of time as I expanded more than I thought I would be able to. America's stagnation really helped the farmers gambit, but left less time for pointy stick expansion.

Hmmm... in my game, the Aztecs are the strongest, having conducted a successful war against the Iroquois already- Hiawatha isn't eliminated yet, but is reduced to his much-whipped capital.

As far as the RBE 'seed corn' policy, this game was an excellent demonstration of why we have it... America has incense in its capital's cultural radius, and plains, but has done nothing with either of them and can so only build a settler with one shield. X-man, who should have been isolated, easy meat for Abe, is remaining competitive due to not selling any workers.

Well all I can say is that I don't look prime for a domination victory in the next (and last turn). Report 3 is ready but I'm waiting for the stats of round 2 before publishing that (I have learned my lesson).

There have really been no fighting in the two first turns. None that I know of at least. Could have happend something in the darkness but nothing in my view (or by me).

Here is the data summary table for all games up to 1525bc:

Hotrod has jumped out into the lead on the strength of a lucky contact surge getting contact with the other continent without the benefit of galleys and this also aids in his ability to trade and research techs even more favorably.

Three the three top Emperor players so far (flexo, Hotrod, Justus) are having very strong games that are taking different paths to the top of the rnaking.

Zenga is the strongest technology player in the regent group with Nightfang and Skyfish close behind but in general the Regent group is legging behind the Emperor group in technology development even though their research is cheaper. Does any one have a clearer understanding of why this would be so??

We can begin to see the purpose of the Charis gambit in this game because he has the largers and most power single city and is only a few turns away from completing the Pyramids.

We are beginning to reach the top-out of the early positioning phase so we will see some radically shifts in power position in the coming turns as the different player begin to pursue their different paths to domination. One thing that does not clearly appear in the data is that in general the Regent worlds have fewer total cities in place across all civilizations and in general represent a much weaker combined progress by all the players (AI+Human) towards the objectives of civilizing the world in some way.

Originally posted by cracker

Zenga is the strongest technology player in the regent group with Nightfang and Skyfish close behind but in general the Regent group is legging behind the Emperor group in technology development even though their research is cheaper. Does any one have a clearer understanding of why this would be so??
[/B]

I think the reason is at least partly due to what you mentioned in the last paragraph, the AI are not as developed in the Regent game, and therefore are not able to trade techs as well. I know that all of my techs have been as the result of trades, except the first (Pottery), and then Mathematics, which I researched at 40 turns specifically for trading purposes. However, if the AI didn't have all the other techs, I wouldn't be able to make that kind of progress. That has continued to hold true for the next 30, BTW, I again used one tech to trade for multiple from the AI.

More on Research:

It appear that going Math vs. Writing will grab more bang for the buck. Flexo and Justus were the only 2 go for Math instead of Writing or Iron Working. By using Math each was able to grab writing from the AI and get a jump start on Currency in Flexo's case and Polytheism for Justus.

Has the questioned been answered though? Yes Math will improve the QSC score but as Meldor pointed out the goal is Domination and by not researching ahead of the AI you effectively slow the progress of the research and will allow your army to grow and use your archers and horseys vs spears instead of pikes. Meldor may be behind in Tech points but realitive to the AI in his game may be in exactly the right tech position to effectively wage war.

Hotrod

Originally posted by hotrod0823
More on Research:

It appear that going Math vs. Writing will grab more bang for the buck. Flexo and Justus were the only 2 go for Math instead of Writing or Iron Working. By using Math each was able to grab writing from the AI and get a jump start on Currency in Flexo's case and Polytheism for Justus.

Has the questioned been answered though? Yes Math will improve the QSC score but as Meldor pointed out the goal is Domination and by not researching ahead of the AI you effectively slow the progress of the research and will allow your army to grow and use your archers and horseys vs spears instead of pikes. Meldor may be behind in Tech points but realitive to the AI in his game may be in exactly the right tech position to effectively wage war.

Hotrod

I would say it is a matter of timing. I know in my case, I have been able to eliminate America, and on the verge of eliminating Persia (I still have to submit my turns), using swords vs. spears. I am not worried about the tech pace, because I knew I would be done with them well before feudalism, and besides, I knew they didn't have Iron available. My goal now is to get to Chivalry as quickly as possible, to use knights and overrun the rest of the continent. The best way to do that is a combination of research and trading to get the AI to fill out the rest of the ancient age techs for me.

As someone said earlier, the ancient age has multiple, divergent branches, and researching down each of them takes a lot of time. In effect, I have researched two and gotten the rest traded to me. The real 'tech race' will be if I can get Chivalry before the Aztecs and Iroquois get Feudalism, it is possible but tricky. (You may see my plan in the final set of turns). Odds are it will be close, but as slow as the AI is about upgrading units, I will still have a window of advantage, during which I usually try to take out their iron supplies. By slowing down the pace, it would be swords vs. spears again, but they move slower, so I don't think its an advantage.

Like I said it depends on the situation, and on the UUs involved, if I was the Persians, or the Iroquois, or someone else with a great offensive ancient UU (Celts) I might very well drag out the ancient age, but I look at the Spartan Hoplite as basically an improved Pikeman, thats available earlier, not as helpful on offense.

saves #3

FLEXO QSC Q2E REPORT 3

** THIRD REPORT START **

1500 bc 1
Utica worker cuts forest for a few turns of work on hoplite. Worker at Theveste completes mine, moving down. Aztech city Teotihuacan culture expands! must build some more culture or i'll be in flip-o-rama land.

1475 bc 2
Settler done.

1450 bc 3
Leptis Minor has a riot.

1425 bc 4
Hippo builds a hoplite. Utica builds Hoplite, send it to Leptis Magna.

1400 bc 5
nothing ...

1375 bc 6
nothing ... just movement. looks like the americans think they can just move a warrior and settler thru my land to the free spot beyond Magna. I'll let them waste there time cause i'll beat them to the spot.

1350 bc 7
settler in position for next city.

1325 bc 8
Found Rusicade. Carthage settler done. Moving it to spot americans want. Running out of "free" land to settle. Time to start infrastructure.

1300 bc 9
move move move

1275 bc A
Theveste builds hoplite (temple next). Americans doesn't appear to be going in the direction I suspect. Think they are going beyond the Aztecs then.

** SAVE: flexo_QSC_C2e_bc1275.sav **

1250 bc 1
Sci > 90% currency in 1t.

1225 bc 2
Law in 7t (sci 90%). "last" settler in place. Utica changes que to temple.

Trade:
[Ame] Currency > Map making, World map, 44 gp.

the others are weak! I should crush them! Time to build a force to put the fear of god in them. Will start as soon as I have a temple and barrack in Carthage.

1200 bc 3
Found Oea. Aztecs are working on that Colossus thing to.

1175 bc 4
Hippo reaches pop 4, change to settler and rush it.

1150 bc 5
moving settler, I want to place it next to the aztec mine. Utica > change que back to sparta for defence of the new city.

1125 bc 6
looks like Lincon has the same plan, but thanks to my roads i'll get there before he does.

1100 bc 7
wood is chopped by Leptis Minor creates a Hoplite. have to move some people around in the capital to prevent riot.

1075 bc 8
settler and protection hoplite moves into position. code of law done, philosophy next. carthage temple built. glory glory halleluja!

1050 bc 9
Colossus is built in Persepolis (he starts great lighthouse). Found Hadrumetum ... ahh free iron :)

1025 bc A
Aztecs start construction of the great wall.

** SAVE: flexo_QSC_C2e_bc1025.sav **

1000 bc 1
Riot in Carthage, crap! Worker (american) connects horses by Sabratha.

0975 bc 2
Sci > 80% Polytheism in 8t. The Aztecs wants it all for Construction so no deal there.

0950 bc 3
St. Augustine completes his Largest nations list:
1. Carthaginians : 2. Chinese : 3. Germans : 4. Iroquois : 5. Aztecs : 6. Persians : 7. Greeks : 8. Americans.
Sabarath builds a Hoplite.

0925 bc 4
Americans are building pyramids. Moving my troops.

0900 bc 5
Barrack built in carthage. Upgrade a warrior to swordman. Time to build my army of Spartans to divide and conqure.

0875 bc 6
watered a square near Theveste. Moving to mine the iron near Carthage.

0850 bc 7
Iroqouis build the oracle in Salamanca, everyone changes to Pyramids.

0825 bc 8
Rusicade|Carthage builds hoplites.

0800 bc 9
Utica builds Hoplite. Sci > 10%

0775 bc A
America looks like a tasty target, no iron, four cities, both incense and spice.

** SAVE: flexo_QSC_C2e_bc0775.sav **
** THIRD REPORT COMPLETE **

The situation at 0775BC. Me having a looksie at my first target.

Top Bottom