*Spoiler* Qsc18r3 - Deity Redux Game Progress

4000 BC- settler NW, worker SW
3950 BC- Entremont-warrior, worker mine, wheel in 40 at 8.2.0
3700 BC- start another warrior
3500 BC- start another warrior
3450 BC- meet Iroquois (1) and Carthage (2)--nothing to trade, Iroquois has stack of 8 warriors (probably going towards the barbs)
3200 BC- meet Greece (3) and buy pottery for 35g and 2gpt, with Carthage trade pottery warrior code 17g and 2gpt for alphabet, with Iroquois trade alphabet for bronze working and 10g, change production to granary, change research to writing-40 turns
3100 BC- 8.1.1
3050 BC- meet China (4)
2800 BC- granary complete
2710 BC- 6.1.3
2590 BC- Entremont-settler, 9.1.0
2550 BC- found Alesia-granary
2510 BC- Entremont-worker
2390 BC- meet Aztecs (5)
2350 BC- meet Rome (6), sell pottery for 10g
2230 BC- Entremont-settler
2150 BC- found Lugdunum-barracks
2070 BC- 8.1.1
1950 BC- Entremont-settler
1910 BC- buy contact with Egypt (7) for 55g
1870 BC- found Camulodunum-worker, 9.1.0
1790 BC- Aztecs build Oracle
1750 BC- Lugdunum-worker, 8.1.1
1725 BC- Entremont-worker
1675 BC- 7.1.2
1650 BC- 9.1.0
1600 BC- found Richborough-temple
1575 BC- discover writing, start the wheel-due in 11 turns, 0.10.0
1525 BC- Entremont-settler

I plan on building chariots and warriors to upgrade to attack Rome. They are less advanced than the others and they don't have iron.

Attachments

• agaf.jpg
    agaf.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 252
My empire at 1525 BC:

And here's my military, which I believe is the weakest out of everyone. :p

I have all 1st and 2nd tier techs, along with Horseback Riding, Philosophy, and Code of Laws. Several AI's have Map Making, while France and Iroquois have Polytheism.

Ok deadline is passed, it looks like there's 7 of us. Next couple of days are for discussion. Here's some stats for each game at 1525BC.

LKendter -
4 cities(1,3,1,1)
1 settler, 2 workers
2 granaries
6 warriors, 1 archer
7 techs, Alphabet (5)
37 gold (0gpt)
55 tiles
13.75 tiles per city
Gems - Celts (city #3)

Shillen -
4 cities(2,4,1,2)
1 settler, 3 workers
2 granaries, 1 barracks
4 warriors
14 techs, Republic (39)
178 gold (-5gpt)
48 tiles
12 tiles per city
Gems - Carthage

hotrod0823 -
4 cities (3,2,2,1)
2 workers
1 temple, 1 granary
5 warriors, 2 spearmen
4 techs, Iron Working (7)
28 gold (-1gpt)
45 tiles
11.25 tiles per city
Gems - neutral

Greebley -
4 cities (1,2,3,1)
1 settler, 3 workers
1 granary, 1 barracks
5 warriors, 2 spearmen
13 techs, Currency (35)
25 gold (-6gpt)
48 tiles
12 tiles per city
Gems - Carthage

civ_steve -
4 cities (6,2,2,1)
2 workers
2 barracks, 1 granary
10 warriors (3 vets), 1 spearman (vet)
7 techs, Polytheism (23)
86 gold (+4gpt)
45 tiles
11.25 tiles per city
Gems - Carthage

da_greatest -
5 cities (1,3,1,1,1)
1 settler, 6 workers
2 granaries, 1 barracks
4 warriors (2 vets)
6 techs, Wheel (9)
153 gold (-3gpt)
54 tiles
10.8 tiles per city
Gems - Celts (city #4)

el_kalkylus
5 cities (2,2,2,2,1)
1 settler, 2 workers
2 barracks, 1 granary, 1 temple
5 warriors
11 techs, Polytheism (15)
7 gold (+2gpt)
55 tiles
11 tiles per city
Gems - Celts (city #4)
Traded for Wines

I know this doesn't tell the whole story. I didn't bother counting partially completed stuff. But it gives a brief summary. Tell me if I miscounted something.

From the get go I made a mistake and went SW and got contact with Iroquios and Rome first. That was the begining of my problems. Having nothing to trade with Rome, CB is not as valueable at Alphabet. Meeting Iroquios again was a mistake, they get techs from huts etc. The best option would be to go northWest and meet the Carthaginians first and get Masonry, use Masonry to get Alphabet from Rome etc. etc. I got stuck in a rut and everyone I met along my trip West had all the techs I either had or wanted too much for the ones I needed for trades.

Contacts same situation I didn't have writing myselft - blowing it by not getting Alphabet, I couldn't even use contacts to get techs from the AI without writing. The contacts all were made quickly before I even had time to react :(.

Looks like my only option to stay around at all is pointy stick.

Yeah a lot of the tech on deity is luck. If all the AI's stay at tech parity then it's very hard to make any good tech deals. I didn't even think about going to Carthage first. I sent my first warrior to Rome myself. I purchased pottery from Iroquois though and traded that along with CB to Rome for Alphabet.

I find the most important tech to get ASAP on deity is writing. That opens up 4 more techs that give you a chance to give yourself a leg up. I find it's very important to check every civ's diplomacy every turn. Otherwise you'll miss a lot of key trades. It's very rare for techs to be learned and traded to every civ on the same turn. Usually a few civ's won't have anything to offer for it yet. They'll get it a few turns later though if you don't spot the opportunity right away.

Originally posted by hotrod0823.
Contacts same situation I didn't have writing myselft - blowing it by not getting Alphabet, I couldn't even use contacts to get techs from the AI without writing. The contacts all were made quickly before I even had time to react.

You couldn't trade your contacts right after they learned writing? I got Writing practically free because I had a monopoly on English contact. I knew it would be important to contact England myself, because Iroquois took forever in my gotm game. After the Iroquois and Greeks already came up to meet me my eastern warrior didn't have much else to do except to find England. Here's what I got in total from my English contact: Writing, Horseback Riding, contact with Egypt, and 90 gold.

I also find it a large waste to do any research yourself this early on. That includes pottery. You're better off trading for it from the AI. Min science gambits at the start of the game on deity won't work, especially in a pangaea setting. Even at 100% science you can't possibly get any 1st or 2nd tier techs before every AI has it already. The only techs you can possibly get before the AI in the ancient age are republic, currency, and monarchy. But even then you usually can't. I kept my research at 0% all the way up until 1550 BC when I traded for code of laws + philosophy. Now I'm researching republic at minimum. It's possible I'll get republic before the AI's, but I'm not counting on it. The main reason for the min science run is so I don't have to buy republic, which is usually quite expensive.

Nice snapshot listing of our status so far, Shillen! (BTW, I was very concerned about that Iroqouis warrior next to my undefended capital; fortunately the option on the Diplo screen was 'Insist you Withdraw', not 'Withdraw or Declare War'; since Hiawatha was polite at the time, and we had several turns on a gpt deal, I was about 75% sure he'd withdraw; if he didn't, I'd be 100% gone :( ; this supports an argument to build a Settler first, because the 2nd city allows you 8 free units, therefore you can have 2-3 scouts, a couple of workers and enough MP's to defend your cities and workers.)

I'm concerned that I didn't get the Gems before Carthage. (3 didn't, 2 did and 1 is undecided.) Building my 3rd city by the gems is probably better than by the Fish to the South; if I don't get the South Fish, I still have a good shot to get 1 or both Cattle to the East, allowing me another fast growth city or two; and the Gem city supports eventual growth to the Northern Iron source, which I'll need (the Iron to the South and SouthWest are almost sure to be snagged by the Greeks.)

The early Tech trading differences are worth listing:

shillen:
3350 BC - Buy Pottery from Iroq for 4 gpt; trade CB and Pottery to Rome for Alphabet and 10 Gold

LKendter:
2950 BC - Researched Pottery
2800 BC - Buy Masonry from Carthage for CB, 12 Gold, 4 gpt; Trade Masonry to Rome for BronzeWork and 8 Gold

Hotrod0823
3450 BC - Sell CB to Rome for 10 Gold

Greebley
3450 BC - Trade Warrior Code to Carthage for Pottery; Trade Pottery and CB to Rome for Alphabet
3200 BC - Trace CB, 20 Gold, 4 gpt to Carthage for Masonry; Trade Masonry to Iroqouis for BronzeWorking and 20 Gold; Trade Masonry to Rome for 40 Gold

civ_steve
3250 BC - Trade Warrior Code, 33 Gold, 1 gpt to Iroqouis for Pottery

da_greatest
3200 BC Trade 35 Gold, 2 gpt to Greece for Pottery; Trade Pottery, Warrior Code, 17 Gold and 2 gpt to Carthage for Alphabet; Trade Alphabet to Iroqouis for BronzeWorking and 10 Gold

I really like Greebley's and da_greatest's early trades. (Hotrod0823 - ouch!) Shillen built on his early trading and with Greebley has the most Tech's currently. I tried to do the same CB and Pottery trade with Rome that Shillen did in 3350 and Greebley in 3450, but in 3250 BC it didn't work; I believe that Rome had met the Iroqouis by this time, and the Techs weren't valued as highly. This demonstrates the importance of early scouting - making contact with AI civs before they meet others makes your Techs more valuable and gives you more trading chances. (This also indicates a problem with my initial city location; I moved 2 spaces to the NW to have the Fish within my initial border; I grew in 7 turns this way and had some extra commerce, but only had 1 production until I was size 2, so my scouting started about 4 turns after those who had 2 production.)

Once you get Alphabet, you can monitor the other civs for Writing, get it at whatever cost and trade for whatever you're missing. Similarly, with writing, you can monitor the other civs for first researches on the next set of Techs, and play the Tech broker again. Not getting that early Alphabet Tech really hurts, so keep an eye out for those Commercial civs.

Your correct, I missed the opportunity to trade my contacts after they got writting. They all traded around very quickly and I had nothing to offer anyone. It was almost like the contacts were all made before writing even came to be.

I had the same problem with contacts. I got very little value from them.

I think I had a fatal mistake of not getting alphabet except via token research. I am way behind vs. the AI, and it doesn't look to improve in the next 60 turns.

The Redux idea was interesting, but I must admit knowing the game ahead of time has made the game somewhat boring for me. I know I am not playing to the best of my abilities.

I am a little late with this game, so I rushed through the first 30 turns today. Here is my timeline:

4000 bc - Settler NW (for fish), worker SW.
3950 bc - Entremont founded, start warrior. Worker start building road. Research Potter 100%.
3800 bc - Road ready. Worker mines.
3700 bc - Warrior ready and moves S - W. Entremount start warrior production.
3600 bc - Meet neoCarthagian warrior. No trade.
3500 bc - Mining done. Worker moves N - NE. Changed my mind and wanted to move W instead, but too late. This will make me lose a turn when founding a new city.
3450 bc - Worker start building road. Meet 3 Greece units (2 hoplites, 2 warriors). No trade. Entremont start building a settler.
3350 bc - Meet Iroquois. Trade Warrior Code, 3 gpt, 1 gold for Masonry with neoCarthage. Then trade Masonry for Pottery and 10 gold with Iroquois. I was hoping to trade for Mysticism so I could catch up in tech, but I wasn't that lucky.
3300 bc - Meet Roman warrior. Trade for Alphabet and 10 gold. I was one turn to late to trade Alphabet with the Iroqois. 9 Iroqois warriors are 3 squares away from my capital. I guess they will be going north to the barbarians. Road ready. Worker moves SE - S - E.
3250 bc - Worker start building road.
3150 bc - Meet Chinese warriors and archers. Trade for Bronze Working.
3100 bc - Road ready. Worker mines.
3000 bc - Settler ready in Entremont. It moves to the first hill to the west. Entremont start building a granary.
2950 bc - Alesia founded (start warrior).
2800 bc - Mining done. Worker moves E - N - NW.
2750 bc - Worker start building road.
2670 bc - Meet Japanese warrior. Trade for The Wheel.
. (Screwed up micromanagement)
2590 bc - I am still alive.

Yep, pretty sure the best way to keep up in tech was to find Carthage first and get Masonry. Masonry begets pottery, then alphabet etc. etc. I met carthage after, Rome, Iroquios and Greeks and by the time I met carthage the others already had as well and gotten Masonry.

I do wonder however is this map was brand new for all if Carthage woulbe be found before the others??

@el_kalkylus - It's good to have another person join in. I like where you put Alesia, building it 1 turn after producing the settler.

Turns 61-81

61: 1500 BC - Camulodunum worker->barracks. Yay China bought Map Making but not Code of Laws. Trade Code of Laws, World Map, and 12 gold to China for Map Making. Japan got Map Making too, trade them my world map for their territory map and 19 gold.

62: 1475 BC - France learned Literature. Trade WM and Code of Laws to England for their WM. That gives me everyone's TM except Rome which is probably the one I wanted most grr.

63: 1450 BC - Entremont spearman->settler. Alesia settler->settler. Lux to 0%. Richborough founded next to gems. Set to temple. Camulodonum changed from barracks to worker. Spearman fortified. Settler sent north and west of Alesia. Sell world map around for about 20 gold. Forgot to do that last turn. I also get Rome's TM. They don't have iron in their borders yet, but if I remember right there must be some in between their cities somewhere. Hiawatha demands 29 gold. I give it to him.

64: 1425 BC - Alesia grows to 3. Lux to 20%.

65: 1400 BC - Verulamium founded w/nw of Alesia. Set to barracks. Camulodonum switched from worker to granary.

66: 1375 BC - Carthage learned Polytheism.

67: 1350 BC - Lugdunum barracks->warrior. Aztecs learn Polytheism.

68: 1325 BC - Damn Lugdunum rioted at size 2. Lux to 40%. Entremont settler->spearman. Spearman from entremont sent to Lugdunum. Forgot to mention I've been MMing Entremont and Camulodonum a lot to share the fish.

69: 1300 BC - Seems the tech pace finally slowed down in my game. Although they'll probably all learn a bunch of techs at once and trade them like crazy pretty soon.

70: 1275 BC - Alesia settler->settler. Lux to 20%. Settler sent to the NE coast with the cows if it's not settled already. Greece, Iroquois, China, Carthage have Literature and Polytheism. England and China have those plus Construction. I can't afford Construction. My gpt deal doesn't end for 9 turns.

71: 1250 BC - Rome and Egypt learn Literature but not Polytheism. 237 gold isn't enough to buy Polytheism.

72: 1225 BC - Lugdunum warrior->warrior. Entremont spearman->warrior. Aztecs and France learn Currency. Carthage learns Construction and Currency.

73: 1200 BC - Greece learns Currency.

74: 1175 BC - Entremont warrior->spearman. Carthage archer attacks Aztec Jag. Maybe I will hit Carthage after all instead of Rome.

75: 1150 BC - Gergovia founded on river next to iron to the north. Set to worker. Verulamium MM'd to work lakes so I don't have to raise lux. Greece learns Construction. Iroquois learn Currency and Construction. Japan learns Literature and Construction. Still can't afford any techs other than Literature.

76: 1125 BC - Lugdunum warrior->warrior.

77: 1100 BC - Entremont spearman->settler. Lleorycantores founded on coast/river by cattle. Set to granary.

78: 1075 BC - Ravenna (Rome) expanded and is now controlling 1 of Alesia and 1 of Lugdunum's tiles. Alesia settler->worker. Entremont changed from spearman to settler.

79: 1050 BC - My gpt deal ends! I now have 303 gold and making 14gpt. I buy Currency from France for 8gpt and 294g (they always give me the best deals for some reason). Fix: Currency, 11gpt, and 5g to Japan for Construction.(Was Currency to Japan for Construction, 11gpt, and 5g - I wish) Currency to China for Polytheism, 15g, and TM. Polytheism to Egypt for Literature, TM, and 22g. Polytheism to Rome for TM and 26g. I'm now at 67 gold and running a 5gpt defecit. I switch Entremont to marketplace. Gems will be online in 4. Greece has Feudalism, no one else has middle age techs. Republic due in 20 still.

80: 1025 BC - Verulamium barracks->warrior. MM some citizens to lakes to reduce defecit.

81: 1000 BC - Alesia worker->temple. Lugdunum warrior->temple.

Here is my 1000 BC Save and here is my empire at 1000BC:

Turns 82-90

82: 975 BC - Gems connected. Greece demands TM and 21g. We give it to him.

83: 950 BC - Camulodonum granary->worker. Lux to 10% due to gems.

84: 925 BC - Richborough temple->barracks. Entremont size 6, lux to 20%.

85: 900 BC - Gergovia worker->temple. France, Japan, and Greece have Feudalism + Monarchy. Carthage demands WM and 20 gold. Grr way too many demands and I'm broke. Currently at 46 gold with a -8gpt defecit. I give to him and we're down to 26 gold with a marketplace due in 4.

86: 875 BC - Lugdunum temple->marketplace. Camulodonum worker->worker. Verulamium warrior->temple. Aztecs learn Republic, Monarchy, and Feudalism. Greece and France learn Republic. Have 20 gold at -9gpt and marketplace due in 3. Not going to make it. Lux down to 10%, tax-collector hired in Entremont. Now at -6gpt and market still due in 3.

87: 850 BC - Brempovia founded to the north, set to courthouse. Egypt and Carthage learned Republic, Monarchy, Feudalism. Rome is sending a lot of troops which look to be heading towards Bamicus Speedica (Carthage city near gems).

88: 825 BC - Alesia temple->marketplace. Lleory grows to 2 and riots, road connects it next turn. Aztecs build the Great Library (in same city as the Pyramids).

89: 800 BC - Entremont marketplace->temple. Lux back to 20%. Economy is 21 gold at +1gpt now. Republic due in 10. China has Monarchy and Feudalism. Rome indeed does attack Carthage. Japan completes the Great Wall.

90: 775 BC - Camulodonum worker->temple.

EDIT: Egregious error in one of my trade deals at 1050BC.

@Shillen. I thought that it would be better to have two cities share the fish. While Entremont was building the granary, Alesia could grow 5 turns faster than usual and then build a fast settler.

Here are my next 30 turns:

2510 bc - Meet Azteks. No trade.
2470 bc - Buy Wines for 22 gold.
2430 bc - Meet France. Trade for Iron Working with the Romans.

Iron Working makes me able to trade for Mysticism and Horseback Riding. Research Polytheism 10%.
2350 bc - Granary complete in Entremont. Start settler production.
2270 bc - Buy contact with Egypt from France for 17 gold. Egypt gives us a little money for Alphabet.
2190 bc - Settler complete in Alesia (goes E - S)
2150 bc - Forest harvested. Settler complete in Entremont (start barracks). Settler goes north.
2110 bc - Once again, the AI blocks my path to. This time my settler can't move north because of Greece. I have to go around. Lugudnum founded (start temple).
2070 bc - Entremont change producction to settler.
2030 bc - Road complete. Start mining NW of Entremont.
1990 bc - Camulodulum founded. Alesia builds worker (start warrior).
1830 bc - Rome demand 23 gold which I give to them.
1790 bc - Entremont builds settler (moves west towards the dye).
1700 bc - Buy wine for 44 gold. Greece and Romans seems to be at war. I wish I had writing.
1675 bc -

1650 bc - Richborough founded.
1600 bc - First temple built (Lugdunum)
1525 bc - Settler complete in Entremont.

Savegame 1525 bc

I added el_kalkylus' stats to my post above.

Originally posted by el_kalkylus.
@Shillen. I thought that it would be better to have two cities share the fish. While Entremont was building the granary, Alesia could grow 5 turns faster than usual and then build a fast settler.
Actually it only grows 3 turns faster. Takes 20 food to grow. With 2 food surplus it takes 10 turns. With the fish it has 3 food surplus and grows in 7 turns. I founded my second city on the southeastern fish. It took several turns to get it down there though. But then I could use both fish. I eventually founded my fourth city NW of Entremont and it shared Entremont's fish since Entremont only needed it half the time.

You are right, it is 3 turns faster per growth. I think that it was better to found the second city close to Entremont because of production. But since Greece got to build a city near the second fish before me, it was probably better to use those extra moves to build a city there with the second city.

Nice job with the stats above! It seems to me that diplomacy is extremely important at deity. Keeping up in tech was important for me, and it went well for a while, but now I am already 2-3 techs behind every civs. By the time everyone gets map making, my map will not be worth anything and it will be hard to trade for maps.

I will take some time to compare every game now.

Here are my next 30 moves. I think my lack of experience at the higher levels (emporer and deity) starts hurting me during these years. It will be interesting to see how others do. Especially turn 91-120.
1500(61):Zzzz
1475(62):Spearman arrives at Entremont and is fortified. Spearman arrives at Lugdunum and is fortifed. Science rate lowered to 10%. Luxury rate lowered to 0%.
1450(63): See if we can get some gold for our world map. Get 4 from china and 2 from france. Give our world maps to some of the surrounding civs. It is only worth 1 gp, so it is not much, but I want to avoid war while I expand.
1425(64): Zzzz
1400(65): Entremont builds temple and starts on a settler. Alesia goes into disorder. Lux rate would need to be high to fix the disorder, so instead I change to a scientist and lower science to 0.
1375(66): Entremont and Lugdunum both grow. Raise science back to 10% and Lux to 20%.
1350(67): Alesia finishes its spearman and switches to a worker.
1325(68): Zzzz
1300(69):Alesia finishes its worker, starts on a Spearman. Camulodunum finishes a temple and starts on a settler Warrior at Alesia ordered to Entremont to escort the settler that will be produced there.
1275(70): Give Iroquois 19 gold and Territory map as tribute. Settler built in Entremont. Spearman and Settler start N. Warrior guards Entremont. Decide to switch Camulodunum to spearman instead of settler. Our defense is getting thin. Entremont is also building a spearman. After tribute our gold is 4 with -3 gpt, so I lower luxury to 10%, change the unhappy citizen in Lugdunum to a scientist and lower science to 0.
1250(71): Lugdunum builds a granary and starts on a settler.
1225(72): Southern warrior finds a deserted hut.
1200(73): Zzzz
1175(74): Spearman built in Entremont, Alesia and Camulodunum. All are fortified. Science raised to 10%. and Lugdunum has a entertainer. Switch to barracks in Entremont, and Temple in Alesia. Cam starts a settler.
1150(75): Zzzz
1125(76): Verulamium built at the mouth of the river. Starts on Galley (for now). England contacts us. I trade the two techs I have (philosophy and ?) for map making. Send warrior N from Entremont to see if there is available land.
1100(77): Entremont builds barracks and starts on spearman.
1075(78):Lugdunum builds a settler which is sent W between Lugdunum and Alesia. Richborough builds a worker and starts on walls. Lux raised to 20% so that Alesia can send its spearman to new town
1050(79): Camulodunum builds a settler. Going to send this one N.
1025(80):
1000(81):Gergovia founded starts worker. Entremond builds a spearman.

Save at 1000 bc
Here is my view for reference:

975(82): Decide I want to build a temple in Gergovia instead.
950(83): Richborough builds walls and starts barracks.
925(84): Camulodunum builds a worker and starts on some walls.
900(85): Lugdunum builds a settler. It is sent Northward. Entremont builds an archer.
875(86): Lugdunum switches to walls. LLeorycantores built as Greece seems ready to lay down its settler. This town is NW of Verulamium which is on the coast at the river mouth.
850(87): Lugdunum builds walls and switches to a Temple. Camulodunum build walls and switches to barracks. Entremont builds an archer which is sent to Richburough.
825(88): Zzzz
800(89): Richborough builds barracks and starts on a spearman. Alesia builds a spearman, Entremont builds an archer. Verulamium builds a galley.
775(90): Zzzz

I have been hoping to afford construction, but I am obviously not rich enough to buy it. Currency might be of some use when I get it, but not a whole lot.. Many civilizations have entered the next era, so I am falling behind. The transition from the ancient times to the medieval ages seem to be a part of the game I am weakest at. I do not yet have sufficient experience to balance settler and worker creation vs units vs buildings, and have difficulty keeping up in tech or waging early wars on Empire or Deity.

Here is my 775 bc save

Here is my map for the final date:

One thing I find absolutely necessary on deity during the late ancient-early medieval age is selling your world map constantly. I must have made a couple hundred gold this game just from selling my world map to every civ every turn. You can pretty much double your income doing this. Now sometimes the civ's won't pay for your map, this is because the AI trades their map around very often. There has to be something new on the map for them to pay 1g. But I think even when your worker finishes a road or something, that that counts. But anyway on average I can get about 5 civ's to give me 1 gold each turn. That's an extra 5gpt, which goes a long way on deity.

@Greebley - I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be giving advice but I think the main idea of this QSC is for all of us to learn so I'm going to anyway. I noticed in your 1000BC save that you hadn't sold your world map. I was able to sell it to each civ and net around 55 gold. That's no small sum. In your 775BC save it seems you had finally sold your map at some point but even then a couple civ's gave me 1 gold for it.

I definitely wouldn't say you're in bad shape. Hopefully you'll manage to get Currency before Rome and England, then you can get Polytheism and Code of Laws from them. You should also be close to being able to afford Construction and that will put you in the middle age. Your biggest problem will be getting the Republic. It's a really expensive tech.

I'm not sure why you're building Walls. I know they're very cheap to build and they're bugged in that they still give a bonus after the city reaches 7+, but do you really find them worthwhile? My core cities never come under attack unless I'm playing an AW game or something. You might think about starting some pre-builds for marketplaces for when you get currency. Marketplaces and banks are by far the most important structures to build on deity.

I've finished turns 61-90. I'll do the remainder after (if) I finish Gotm18.

1475 BC - Entre fin Stlr, beg Spear; Stlr/Spear to found hill next to Cattle to E; Alesia fin Spear, beg Warr, go to 80,10,10

1450 BC - Entre size 5 (Lux to 20); Cum. fin Warr, beg Work

1424 BC - Richborough founded, beg Granary

1400 BC - Entre fin Spear, beg Stlr; Spear, Warr sent N to scout around Rusicade; Cum Warr sent North for Scouting; Alesia fin Warr, beg Work; War sent SW to scout between Carthage and Greece

1375 BC - Buy Writing for 90 Gold an 3 gpt from France

1350 BC - Alesia fin Work, beg Spear

1325 BC - Cam fin Work, beg Granary; Entremont size 6, Lux to 30

1300 BC - Entremont fin Stlr, beg Spear; Lux to 10; Stlr to North Iron (hopefully); other civs: either 6 or 7 Techs more than us; Code-of-laws is the difference; all have Wheel, Math, IrW, Lit, MapM and Phil

1250 BC - Lux to 20, for Lug, size 4

1225 BC - English (Canterbury) complete Colossus; Entremont size5, fin Spear, beg Sltr; Alesia fin Spear, beg Warr; Lug changed to Stlr

1200 BC - Poly is starting to show up among the AI civs (France and Egypt for sure)

1150 BC - Alesia fin Warr, beg Work

1125 BC - Entremont fin Stlr, beg Spear; Lug fin Stlr, beg Stlr;

1100 BC - Alesia fin Work, beg Spear; Work sent to Road up to N Iron

1075 BC - Veruliminum founded on S Fish Lake, beg Temple; Gergovia founded on Hill North of Entremont, beg Warr; Lleorycantores founded at N Iron, beg Temple; founding these cities has freed up the Treasury a bit; Buy Poly from Carthage for 11gpt, 45 Gold, WM; Trade Poly to Hiawatha for IrW; TM and 50 Gold; Trade Poly to Alex for Math and 39 Gold; Well, well - most AI's also have currency and construction

1050 BC - Entremont fin Spear, beg Warr

1025 BC - Nottingham completes the Great Lighthouse

1000 BC - Entremont fin Warr, beg Stlr; Lux at 20

925 BC - France completes Great Library; Aztecs complete Great Wall; Entremont fin Stlr; beg Spear; Greeks moving Settler to West side of Gems, must block if possible

875 BC - Richborough fin Gran, beg Stlr; Carthage Culture expands, cutting off direct path to Lleory.; might have to go around Rusicade to connect

850 BC - Alesia fin Spear, beg Stlr; Entre fin Spear, beg Warr

825 BC - Greeks have gone North; now Blocking 2 Carthage Stlrs; Rush Temples at Veru, Greg, and Lleory

800 BC - Entre fin Warr, beg Stlr; Temples Completed, beg Warriors at all 3 cities; Blocking Iroq Stlrs near Veru

775 BC - Cam fin Gran beg Stlr

750 BC - Blocking is working; Lug in CD, create Ent

I'm rather behind in Techs, since everyone else has finished all the required Ancient Era Techs (some have Monarchy, also; I'm seeing messages about this and that civ building the Hanging Gardens.) If I can get my finances in a bit better shape I may be able to get one of Monarchy/Republic and trade around for some of my missing technologies.

Carthage has had a culture boundary increase from Acra, which cuts off my direct access to Lleorycantores to the north. I'll have to build quickly around the West to make that connection. I'll add a 1000 BC save and snapshot shortly.

1000BC save:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/cvst_G18D_bc1000.sav

@civ_steve - Are you taking advantage of the fact that there are no culture flips in the PTW version on purpose? Or would you have placed your cities like that anyway? Actually who knows, maybe Cracker fixed that for this game so culture flips were enabled. But I'd think with your haphazard city placement it'd only be a matter of time before half of your cities flipped on deity. I was afraid to put cities within 3 tiles of an AI city, nevermind 2 tiles away.

Thanks for the advice. It is true I don't think about selling my world map very much. I will remember that on deity, it is important. I think advice is more a part of quick games; at least that was my understanding. In any case, I have finished the 120 turns. I held off posting 91-120 in order to allow others to post 61-90 first. I think if I had sold my maps, my game would have been better in the 91-120 range. I end up missing certain trades by a single turn.

I think the walls are mostly because playing deity makes me nervous :)

Top Bottom