Using fishing boats from other cities?

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
One city is on the ocean. The other is on a river, but a tile away from the ocean.

The territory for this second city includes some ocean, including fish.

Can you have the first city build a workboat and send it down to the 2nd citie's fish?

I hope so as I've done this many times. I can say it works for lux tiles, but never confirmed a fish tile was being worked in city mgmt screen.

Yes, you can do this. However, you cannot build a lighthouse, harbor or seaport in the non coastal city.

If your ships/embarked units can't cross ocean tiles yet, than neither can your workboats. Keep that in mind.

One city is on the ocean. The other is on a river, but a tile away from the ocean.

The territory for this second city includes some ocean, including fish.

Can you have the first city build a workboat and send it down to the 2nd citie's fish?

Yes, you can, and you'll get full credit for it, including gpt. I often do this, even if both cities are on the coast, as 1 city that needs a workboat may be busy building other, more important things, so I get a city with less hammers to build it's workboats as it expands.

Yes, you can do this. However, you cannot build a lighthouse, harbor or seaport in the non coastal city.

There's a mod out there that allows cities 1 tile away from ocean to build lighthouse, but not anything else, which makes sense, and is reflected in real life.

There's a mod out there that allows cities 1 tile away from ocean to build lighthouse, but not anything else, which makes sense, and is reflected in real life.

There's a mod out there that allows me to win any game no matter what I do, which makes sense and is reflected in real life :rolleyes:

So because someone didn't like the fact that the trade-off of not settling on the coast is not being able to build a lighthouse, he simply modded it away. Fine; I guess that's what mods are here for. But I don't see much sense in it. It's about the same as saying I don't like that mountains are not crossable (disregard Carthage), so I am simply modding in mountain climbing units :lol:

There's a mod out there that allows me to win any game no matter what I do, which makes sense and is reflected in real life :rolleyes:

So because someone didn't like the fact that the trade-off of not settling on the coast is not being able to build a lighthouse, he simply modded it away. Fine; I guess that's what mods are here for. But I don't see much sense in it. It's about the same as saying I don't like that mountains are not crossable (disregard Carthage), so I am simply modding in mountain climbing units :lol:

Coastal cities stink so badly, though so modding that in isn't too bad. One time i managed to found a coastal city that had 6 ocean resources (4 pearls and 2 fish) but that was the only time that I found that settling on a coast was worth it. A full-land city will almost always have more production, food, and research than a coastal city. The only thing going for coastal cities is gold, and 1 gold per tile isn't really enough imo to settle a city there.

Coastal cities stink so badly, though so modding that in isn't too bad. One time i managed to found a coastal city that had 6 ocean resources (4 pearls and 2 fish) but that was the only time that I found that settling on a coast was worth it. A full-land city will almost always have more production, food, and research than a coastal city. The only thing going for coastal cities is gold, and 1 gold per tile isn't really enough imo to settle a city there.

I wish Harbors and Seaports worked on ALL water tiles (like the Lighthouse), not just the ones with resources. That would help make coastal cities a little more useful than for just pumping out naval units and building 2 Wonders.

Privateers. Frigates. Destroyers. Battleships. Submarines....

Agreed. I play most of my games on maps with a decent amount of water. I don't think I'd want to play if I couldn't plant a Sub on every square inch of it. Those things are frigging OP.

Privateers. Frigates. Destroyers. Battleships. Submarines....

Gatling guns, Bombers, Jet Fighters, all good against those things you mentioned. I can play the game, too. ;)

EDIT: Also settling on the coast makes your cities more prone to naval invasion. Sure, you can build your own navy to defend, but is it really worth it when you could be building a land army instead that will defend ALL of your cities?

Gatling guns, Bombers, Jet Fighters, all good against those things you mentioned. I can play the game, too. ;)

EDIT: Also settling on the coast makes your cities more prone to naval invasion. Sure, you can build your own navy to defend, but is it really worth it when you could be building a land army instead that will defend ALL of your cities?

costal citys are great I think you need to read up on the game.

Top Bottom