The age of the people here waiting for civ5?

Your age -

• 0-10

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 11-15

Votes: 38 5.7%
  • 16-20

Votes: 108 16.1%
  • 21-25

Votes: 140 20.8%
  • 26-30

Votes: 157 23.4%
  • 31-35

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • 36-40

Votes: 52 7.7%
  • 41-45

Votes: 26 3.9%
  • 46-50

Votes: 26 3.9%
  • 51-55

Votes: 21 3.1%
  • 56-60

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • +61

Votes: 6 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
39 here, not a civ Rev fan at all. Been playing since Civ II though I don't have a copy of it anymore. Civ III was my favorite forever until I got into modding Civ IV and then downloaded Rise Of Mankind mod for BtS.

From everything I've read about Civ V so far it looks to be a winner. Most interesting thing is the removal of the stack of doom, I can finally put together the thermopolye mod! This...is...Sparta!

Very interesting! I would have thought older players would be more dominant.

I really don't see 20-39 year-olds being that much into Civ... I thought they'd be playing FPS games, lol.

But for Firaxis this younger demographic is very healthy.

I fail to see the contradiction. I can go from Civ4 to Counterstrike in half a second.

30 going on 31.

Started playing Civ 1 back in the 7th grade, in school computer class of all things , which is really all we did in my middle school computer class, pre internet. civ 1 was the game that the teacher let the better students play (not that I also did not enjoy the 5.8 inch floppy versions of Oregon Trail, Prince of Persia, or Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego).

I really loved all the old Microprose games, Civ, Civ 2, Colonization, MOO1, MOO2 - I played so many hours on those. I also loved the SSI games like Panzer General, so I can see why elements of those games have been brought into the civ series finally. Also played Alpha Centuri, Civ 3 (which I feel made war feel more epic than the current Civ 4, for all of Civ 3's other problems) and have loved Civ 4. Can't wait to play Civ 5, though I hope my computer will be able to handle it without issue.

Playing since Civ 1...
and I hope I will live long enough for seeing Civ 7... (if it is like Egyptian architecture, civ 7 should be perfect...)

Been playing since I got Civ 2 as a young'un. Assimilated by Sid :assimilate: So you could say I'm kind of an old player, though I'm only 25.

19, turning 20 in April.
Been playing Civs (well 2, SMAC and 4, skipped others pretty much for various reasons) some 10 years, i think. Can't remember really.

SCREW GRAPHICS IT IS ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY!!!!
better graphics are nice, but the gameplay is vastly more important, for those of you complaining about us Whipper snappers, we are the ones who shall continue it to Civ XL, to those of you who are no longer young except at heart, we thank you for keeping this game going

As for I, I started playing Civ II at the rip age of 6! those 11 years ago

I can't agree with screw graphics. It's about balance. You balance superior graphics with superior gameplay.

I play a lot of rpg's. If I didn't care about graphics I'd still be playing Wasteland. A cool rpg of the 80's. I tried playing it again a couple years ago, the graphics was a huge turnoff (although it was the lack of a decent save system that really turned me off). I can't even go back to civ2 graphics.

Wow, and I thought I am one of the oldest gamers here. Never expected so many players older than 25 years.

I'm 24 and hope I'll play at least Civ XXV ;)

Wow, and I thought I am one of the oldest gamers here. Never expected so many players older than 25 years.

I'm 24 and hope I'll play at least Civ XXV ;)

HAH! I'm 33 and I won't stop until Civ CIV. I guess it only makes sense that the average age of gamers is going up. This may be a good thing.

I hope Civ can keep roping in my fellow teens I want it to live forever, anyone figure how many years until the First President to have grown up with civ is?

19 here, will be 20 by the time Civ V is released.

anyone figure how many years until the First President to have grown up with civ is?

The idea of any national leader being a civ player is... scary, to say the least. :p

Top Bottom