The age of the people here waiting for civ5?

Your age -

• 0-10

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 11-15

Votes: 38 5.7%
  • 16-20

Votes: 108 16.1%
  • 21-25

Votes: 140 20.8%
  • 26-30

Votes: 157 23.4%
  • 31-35

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • 36-40

Votes: 52 7.7%
  • 41-45

Votes: 26 3.9%
  • 46-50

Votes: 26 3.9%
  • 51-55

Votes: 21 3.1%
  • 56-60

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • +61

Votes: 6 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Related poll questions:

Who has owned a DOS-based computer?

Who knows what DOS even is?

(There is a generation gap for you :lol:)

dV

Turns out I'm in the majority group! Started playing Civ1 in 1995, then Civ2 shortly came out and played that through the rest of high school. Played Civ3 all the way through my undergraduate studies. Then played Civ4 as a grad student. Haven't played for 2 years now. But when Civ5 will be out, I guess it will be back to school for me! :science:

I'm in the majority group too (27 here). We must be the generation that really grew up on playing Civ.

Turns out I'm in the majority group! Started playing Civ1 in 1995, then Civ2 shortly came out and played that through the rest of high school. Played Civ3 all the way through my undergraduate studies. Then played Civ4 as a grad student. Haven't played for 2 years now. But when Civ5 will be out, I guess it will be back to school for me! :science:

I'm in the majority group too (27 here). We must be the generation that really grew up on playing Civ.

from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/majority

ma·jor·i·ty (m-jôr-t, -jr-)
n. pl. ma·jor·i·ties
1. The greater number or part; a number more than half of the total.
2. The amount by which the greater number of votes cast, as in an election, exceeds the total number of remaining votes.
3. The political party, group, or faction having the most power by virtue of its larger representation or electoral strength.
4. Law The status of having reached full legal age, with attendant rights and responsibilities.
5. The military rank, commission, or office of a major.
6. Obsolete The fact or state of being greater; superiority.

from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/plurality

plu·ral·i·ty (pl-rl-t)
n. pl. plu·ral·i·ties
1. The state or fact of being plural.
2. A large number or amount; a multitude.
3. Ecclesiastical
a. Pluralism.
b. The offices or benefices held by a pluralist.
a. In a contest of more than two choices, the number of votes cast for the winning choice if this number is not more than one half of the total votes cast.
b. The number by which the vote of the winning choice in such a contest exceeds that of the closest opponent.
5. The larger or greater part.

mode (md)
n.
a. A manner, way, or method of doing or acting: modern modes of travel. See Synonyms at method.
b. A particular form, variety, or manner: a mode of expression.
c. A given condition of functioning; a status: The spacecraft was in its recovery mode.
2. The current or customary fashion or style. See Synonyms at fashion.
3. Music
a. Any of certain fixed arrangements of the diatonic tones of an octave, as the major and minor scales of Western music.
b. A patterned arrangement, as the one characteristic of the music of classical Greece or the medieval Christian Church.
4. Philosophy The particular appearance, form, or manner in which an underlying substance, or a permanent aspect or attribute of it, is manifested.
5. Logic
a. See modality.
b. The arrangement or order of the propositions in a syllogism according to both quality and quantity.
6. Statistics The value or item occurring most frequently in a series of observations or statistical data.
7. Mathematics The number or range of numbers in a set that occurs the most frequently.
8. Geology The mineral composition of a sample of igneous rock.
9. Physics Any of numerous patterns of wave motion or vibration.
10. Grammar Mood.

Unless you are refering to reaching legal age, I think you guys mean the plurality group or the modal group. ;)

(This educational content required by FCC regulation 2003388 for CFC to retain its license in the ether ... :lol:)

dV

Everybody knows what dos is ... don't they? :(

I must be getting old because I think of DOS as old, but not quite archaic yet. That category is reserved for my old Vic-20 and TSR-80 (incidentally, the latter is still kicking around here somewhere). I had those when I was a kid; I never even saw DOS til I was living on my own.

Dude. I'm just old.
Spoiler :
At least I thought, until I seen the ages of all the other civvers in this thread. I'm proud to say that I am now 29, which as a gamer, even a pro gamer, is a very late start, but I've been gaming since I was 8, so...

I'm 59 and have been playing every version of Civ since the first one. I'm not quite the fanatic about I used to be, but generally I'll fire up a game on Saturday or Sunday morning and just play it through to the end.

I did as well.

I'm also 14 but, turning 15 before the release of CiV.

It's also good to see that I'm not the only young gammer here.

On another note, who's the kid who's 10 or under???

Wait, I thought there was some kind of rule against being under 13 on an internet forum or am I imagining that?

Anyway, I'm 16 and will be turning 17 around the time CivV comes out (which should be a very nice B-day present).

I started playing Civ4 when I was 14 (Have lost so many precious hours/days to this game by now).

Related poll questions:

Who has owned a DOS-based computer?

(There is a generation gap for you :lol:)

dV

MS-DOS sucks

keep DOS away from me

(DOS free since 1984 :D)

38 here, played since the first CIV. Civ II and CIV IV are the favourites. CIV IV is the best game ever made. Unsure if I will buy CIV V due to the hot water debate :(

Top Bottom