The age of the people here waiting for civ5?

Your age -

• 0-10

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 11-15

Votes: 38 5.7%
  • 16-20

Votes: 108 16.1%
  • 21-25

Votes: 140 20.8%
  • 26-30

Votes: 157 23.4%
  • 31-35

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • 36-40

Votes: 52 7.7%
  • 41-45

Votes: 26 3.9%
  • 46-50

Votes: 26 3.9%
  • 51-55

Votes: 21 3.1%
  • 56-60

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • +61

Votes: 6 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
playing Civ I since I was like 13... which is 16 years ago.. buyed several copies of Civ IV within the last four years which will be my last Civilization game :(

(still hoping 2K dispenses with all the steam bondage)

@MS-DOS:
memmaker anyone? I spent hours to create my "own" config.sys and move drivers into the upper memory, because game xy needed these 22 additonal KBs of RAM

I love how the poll results are a bell curve.

Started playing Civ2 in 1996 at age 29...late start I know :p But I made up for it since then :p

CS

I'm 28 at the end of the month, and I've known you since about 3 months after PTW was released I believe lol.

I started with CivNet way way way way back in the day, can't remember how old I was. Very young though cuz I remember getting my father to buy it for me. Just doing some basic math, I woulda been 12 or 13 when I got Civnet.

I'd like to rescind my vote. I am not waiting for Civ5 anymore, since I'm not going to buy it.

Well, in that case, seeing as I've voted for 15, withdraw my vote too.

playing Civ I since I was like 13... which is 16 years ago.. buyed several copies of Civ IV within the last four years which will be my last Civilization game :(

(still hoping 2K dispenses with all the steam bondage)

@MS-DOS:
memmaker anyone? I spent hours to create my "own" config.sys and move drivers into the upper memory, because game xy needed these 22 additonal KBs of RAM

Ironically, if you bought Civ IV on Steam, you would only have to buy it once since you would never lose it, and can reinstall it on an unlimited number of computers.

Started playing civ 3 on ps1 when I was like 12. Been playing ever since. Im 19

Civ5 with its all new fancy graphics better not be too demanding on my laptop.....

Started with Civ1 on Amiga 500, I think and been playing the series ever since. I observe the development of Civ5 with certain trepidation, hoping for the best, but fearing the worst.

42 turning 43 in september
I start my civ-career with civ 1 in 1991/92

For me civ 5 will be a perfect birthday present :lol:

Ironically, if you bought Civ IV on Steam, you would only have to buy it once since you would never lose it, and can reinstall it on an unlimited number of computers.
Nope.
I bought the initial Civ IV years ago - for me.
Another two pieces of Civ IV I bought for my mom and sister
Then Civ IV Complete - also for me, and - same here - one for my mum, one for my sister as presents. (Yes, they're addicted to Civ too).
Oh, and Civ IV Col... ^^
And at least two friends of mine bought it, because I showed the game to them.

Unfortunately none of them will ever buy Civ5 (if forced to Steam) for I'll advise them not to buy it. Bad luck for 2K, for ppl who surround me use to heed my counsel

I played civ I when i was 9. Then got back to civ with civ iv last year. I Went out and got the rest to fill in the blanks, but havent gotten around to playing them all yet, just found out/ discovered mods so thats been keeping me busy.

Looks like I am in the fifth largest demographic here... I started playing with Civ1 a few years after it came out, and I didn't get Civ2 until a few years after it came out, too. This pattern has continued throughout the series, and Civ 5 will probably be the earliest I have ever gotten a Civ game (I'm expecting to get it around Christmas). Civ4 is probably my favorite of the series so far, and I'm hoping Civ5 will bring a fresh perspective to things.

I actually started playing Civ III at age...mmm...11 I believe it was, it seems I'm in the minority. I've always had a deep, deep love for strategy games(even if I suck at them). Here I am, 5 years later, still playing Civ, and looking forward to the next installment.

I started with Civ2 in 99, when I was 8.

Now I'm 19.

I'm in the 11-15 group. I started playing C3C when I was about 10, wich is still my favorite civ.

Top Bottom