155 things you didn't know until Civ5 taught you

100. It is not possible to assign more then 1 worker to a task
101. If a general is standing in the middle of the road, a division of tanks can pass through but a worker can't
102. The best place to build a University is near a jungle

103. If two civs have ever had a war they are enemys forever no exceptions.
104. If you want a small civ (city state) to ally with you just give them money no matter how
awfull you are you can still be the top diplomat in the world.
105. as long as you build theaters and stadiums people dont care that you are sending there kids off to die in wars.

106. If you've spent centuries working on a building project and learn that someone across the ocean already built something just like it, your construction crews will just shrug their shoulders, disassemble the building and return their wages to the government.
107. If your scouts encounter two foreign armies at war with each other, you may immediately head to either civilization's capital and strike up business with their (probably thousands of years old) ruler.
108. Being a democracy just means that your King starts calling himself President and then carries on running everything as he sees fit.
109. Askia Mohammad I always handled diplomatic business with a sword on his shoulder and in front of a burning city. He was one of the greatest negotiators in history.

106. If you've spent centuries working on a building project and learn that someone across the ocean already built something just like it, your construction crews will just shrug their shoulders, disassemble the building and return their wages to the government.
Nice one. :D

110. The London smog was not actully the worst ever. The worst ever was in 3000bc where 99% of the world was covered by thick cloud, unless you had lower specs.....then the world was covered in darkness, but then god said let there be light.....and there was

111. Mountains were not farm-able for all of history and never will be farmed. (This his irked me since I started playing civ)

According to Civ5, most modern nation-states can't afford to build a hospital in more than a couple of their cities because they spend all their money bribing city-states to vote for them at the UN.

According to Civ5, city-states are relevant throughout all of recorded history. A tiny city-state surrounded by tundra is able to provide enough food to allow a nation of 300 million people to grow regularly.

103. If two civs have ever had a war they are enemys forever no exceptions.
104. If you want a small civ (city state) to ally with you just give them money no matter how
awfull you are you can still be the top diplomat in the world.
105. as long as you build theaters and stadiums people dont care that you are sending there kids off to die in wars.

That just needs a minor correction to confirm to reality:

105. As long as you build theaters and stadiums people don't care that you are sending there other people's kids off to die in wars

That just needs a minor correction to confirm to reality:

105. As long as you build theaters and stadiums people don't care that you are sending there other people's kids off to die in wars

Actually, it needs a minor correction to describe the game accurately:

105. People don't care if you're sending anyone to die in war or not. Their unhappiness is related to how many people are in your empire and nothing else. Thus, war only bothers them when you successfully take a city, thus adding new citizens to the empire.

Actually, it needs a minor correction to describe the game accurately:

105. People don't care if you're sending anyone to die in war or not. Their unhappiness is related to how many people are in your empire and nothing else. Thus, war only bothers them when you successfully take a city, thus adding new citizens to the empire.

War doesn't bother the people who are already in your empire, it bothers the ones you have just conquered. Although them expressing their dissatisfaction with the occupation through roadside bombs might actually affect the overall unhappiness of your empire.

In Civ5, courthouses are only needed when a nation annexes a foreign city, and even then only temporarily. Courthouses therefore are built extremely rarely since foreign cities are usually puppeted, and have nothing to do with law and order, or the processing of civil and criminal law. :crazyeye:

Woah... I see the topic, expects a humour tread.

Came in.. see a humour attempt by the OP. And by post #2, we have super defensive people attacking the tread. What's wrong here?

115. Your civ may have the ability to send voice messages wirelessly over the air, but consider the ability to send small, electronic impulses in code along a wire so VITALLY important to their growth and well being that they dedicate 20 years of the brightest minds in the world to solving that problem...

15. The Statue of Liberty would have taken significantly longer to build if it hadn't been for access to a nearby marble resource.

31. Oil is useless for a modern army. Instead, the one who controls the most aluminium mines can build the strongest army. That's why we invaded Iraq for: aluminium!

17. After a couple hours playing Civilization, your inner voice actually says "I wonder what's on televison" rather than "One more turn..."

35. The UN has only ever voted on one issue: who will win diplomatic victory.

24. Throughout history, no civilization has been able to mine hills that are defended by sheep. The sheep hate mines and are very fierce, so no-one will dare to mine near them. The sheep however don't mind being put in pens and eaten.

It is not possible to eat sugar, spices, or bananas without a calender.

57. Spain and Babylon only exist if you paid extra.

Civ 5 taught me how much better my time could be spent by doing other things other than playing Civ 5.

The London smog was not actully the worst ever. The worst ever was in 3000bc where 99% of the world was covered by thick clouds

HA HA HA

This is the best thread! I love it!

Ok my turn...

116. Darius was actually an Arab. Afterall he spoke perfect Arabic and even looked like an Arab (as opposed to a Persian)

117. The reason modern cities are very large is because they are surrounded by grassland and their people eat alot. ( ...Like Mexico City.)

118. History has shown that the best way to deal with the unhappiness of a conquered people is to build them a Courthouse. ...... Afterall its not like they care about things such as preservation of their city, lifestyle, culture, heritage, language, safety, security, heath, social services, freedoms, liberties and their rights, no no. What they really want deep down inside is a courthouse. :)

Interestingly your own people don't seem to mind not having such an important building. People are just different.

119. Your citizens are still megamad about being once a part of ancient Aztec culture 1000bc

109. Askia Mohammad I always handled diplomatic business with a sword on his shoulder and in front of a burning city. He was one of the greatest negotiators in history.

I lol'd @ this thread

120. Nuclear fallout is safe to walk through. If you need to clean it up - just use a broom.

Top Bottom