Another WW2 scenario

I have only mongol DLC and i tried the scenario but i'm not able to load it. I never find the map, my MAP folder is empty. Could you give me any help ?

I have only mongol DLC and i tried the scenario but i'm not able to load it. I never find the map, my MAP folder is empty. Could you give me any help ?

I can help you with the map problem. Download the attached zip file from the opening post, and put the entire WWII Full Earth Campaign (v5) folder into your Civ 5 mods folder. To make sure the maps show up you then open the downloaded folder, open the "Maps" subfolder and move the 4 included maps into your Civ 5 Maps folder. This is typically located under a documents/my games/Civ 5 line. Make sure you have enabled the mod of course also.

Not having Spain, Inca, or Polynesia might make the scenario unplayable. I'm not really sure on that part. The only options other than using the DLC civs were to make my own custom civs (a lot more work), or use someone else's custom civs. The latter might have been a good idea to go with, but it's something I didn't think of when I was making it.

I can't seem to get the map to load. I've put all the maps in the map folder and the mod is enabled and in the mods folder. Hmmm.... I had an older version of it work, but since v3 I haven't been able to get it to show up in the game. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I can't seem to get the map to load. I've put all the maps in the map folder and the mod is enabled and in the mods folder. Hmmm.... I had an older version of it work, but since v3 I haven't been able to get it to show up in the game. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

It sounds like at least the mod is showing up. So, the maps are simply not in game setup? I'm not sure why that would be if you've placed them in your maps folder. I will do a test run of the maps I have in the download package, and verify the basic map works.

I just loaded up 1 of the maps from the download package located in the opening post of this thread with no problem. I of course moved my existing duplicates out of the Maps folder first, so I was actually verifying the packaged maps.

If you have a civ 5 map file in your Maps folder, my experience is it should always show up in game. The only thing I can think to try, assuming you know for sure you have the latest maps in your maps folder, is that maybe for some reason you need to also have the map files in the applicable mod/maps folder.

Lastly, perhaps you have the maps in the wrong folder? You may want to double check if you're still having problems getting them to show up. I posted the typical line of folders where it is located a few posts up.

:D I figured that wouldn't look right to some people. Thanks for the feedback as always. Glad the mod is liked overall. Next update is looking like it will be a nice improvement.

Well, the color changing with Germany was a result of having a problem with their map view flag icon showing up correctly. I kept trying to find a color that didn't blend in with another already in use, so that led to using gold in the last update.

Since then, I have found that their original grey color works with the flag icon in use now. So, that will be put back next time I post an update.

Just to give my reasoning for the gold color, I picked it because the German flag has gold in it. I realize it looks orange in game and just plain looks bad though, so that's that I suppose.

Trying this one.
Great scenario!

One thing i wanna ask, though

Can't you do something 'bout the turn increment?
I'm playing on epic, currently on the 3rd turn but the year is already 1989 LOL

Trying this one.
Great scenario!

One thing i wanna ask, though

Can't you do something 'bout the turn increment?
I'm playing on epic, currently on the 3rd turn but the year is already 1989 LOL

Thanks, the scenario includes a mod component for a timeline change that slows progression to 1 month/turn. It only works on the standard gamespeed though.

Unit/building/tech costs were all balanced in terms of standard gamespeed also. Unit training costs are actually scaled down slightly, so it is easier to build large armies.

Out of curiosity, what made you want to play it on epic? Does the tech level advance too fast on standard?

Thanks, the scenario includes a mod component for a timeline change that slows progression to 1 month/turn. It only works on the standard gamespeed though.

Unit/building/tech costs were all balanced in terms of standard gamespeed also. Unit training costs are actually scaled down slightly, so it is easier to build large armies.

Out of curiosity, what made you want to play it on epic? Does the tech level advance too fast on standard?
Oh, so the turn works well on standard?
Will give it a try ;)

No, it just that i'm used to play on epic in my "normal" game.
Hadn't tried the standard one before :p

This scenario mod looks great but I have a request.

Is it possible to make a hugh WWII european mod. With the map going from the east coast of the US to the oeral in Russia and from the north Pole to the Sahara in Africa. Would be a great scenario to be able to play imo.

Gedemon and a few helpers are currently making one that spans an area close to that actually. He has a thread in the C&C main forum titled R.E.D. if you want to check it out. Looks like a good one.

I have the scenario (v7) properly downloaded and enabled, can access the maps, but it crashes trying to load load. Perhaps it is my lack of the DLCs as you speculate above. I'd be interested to know if anyone else is able to run this mod without them - can't think of anything else it could be and I could run an earlier version.

I am playing as Germany and love the scenario. France fell with ease, I even conquered Britain and Ireland, and egypt.

The one problem i have with it is that, at the start of the scenario, Germany has the largest army in the world, which is wrong. The USSR should have the largest army, They had almost 10000 more tanks then Germany, and the largest air force in the world.

I find that invading the Soviet Union was much to easy, and is now just taking city after city. Soviet conscripts should also have extremely low production rates, and a good unit flavor. Also USSR should be tolerant of war mongers because after World War 1 they were not looking for war.

I am playing as Germany and love the scenario. France fell with ease, I even conquered Britain and Ireland, and egypt.

The one problem i have with it is that, at the start of the scenario, Germany has the largest army in the world, which is wrong. The USSR should have the largest army, They had almost 10000 more tanks then Germany, and the largest air force in the world.

I find that invading the Soviet Union was much to easy, and is now just taking city after city. Soviet conscripts should also have extremely low production rates, and a good unit flavor. Also USSR should be tolerant of war mongers because after World War 1 they were not looking for war.

Well, here is the problem that comes into play when you try to make this into a civ5 scenario with multiple playable civs. The AI is going to be playing as Germany for a lot of people.
When the AI is controlling Germany, it tends to lose a ton of units rather quickly. This is because it is getting bombed by Britain and at the same time is trying to invade France. The other thing is that Britain & France tend to ally with Sweden and/or Norway, which then causes the German AI to begin sending units to embark into the Baltic sea. This makes them lose even more units.

So I ended up giving Germany a very large army to account for this. It is really just frustrating to try to get the AI to do what I want it to do early in this scenario.

Giving the Soviets a really large army in this scenario was leading to the USSR pretty much rolling Germany shortly after it lost a significant number of units against the western allies, so that is why they might seem weaker than they should.

You make a good point about Stalin tolerating war mongering though, and I do have the ability to fine tune that to an even lower setting (it is already at a 2 or 3 I think). So I'll see about bolstering the Soviet Union's army in the next update I've been working on. Not sure about making conscripts even easier to produce. I think they're already basically dirt cheap, and it seems like the AI likes to spam them a bit as it is. I'll take a look at it in case I'm wrong though.

Thanks for the feedback. Very useful input.

Well, here is the problem that comes into play when you try to make this into a civ5 scenario with multiple playable civs. The AI is going to be playing as Germany for a lot of people.
When the AI is controlling Germany, it tends to lose a ton of units rather quickly. This is because it is getting bombed by Britain and at the same time is trying to invade France. The other thing is that Britain & France tend to ally with Sweden and/or Norway, which then causes the German AI to begin sending units to embark into the Baltic sea. This makes them lose even more units.

So I ended up giving Germany a very large army to account for this. It is really just frustrating to try to get the AI to do what I want it to do early in this scenario.

Giving the Soviets a really large army in this scenario was leading to the USSR pretty much rolling Germany shortly after it lost a significant number of units against the western allies, so that is why they might seem weaker than they should.

You make a good point about Stalin tolerating war mongering though, and I do have the ability to fine tune that to an even lower setting (it is already at a 2 or 3 I think). So I'll see about bolstering the Soviet Union's army in the next update I've been working on. Not sure about making conscripts even easier to produce. I think they're already basically dirt cheap, and it seems like the AI likes to spam them a bit as it is. I'll take a look at it in case I'm wrong though.

Thanks for the feedback. Very useful input.

Ok thanks, I understand what you mean though, the ai has no clue how to fight at sea or invade across the sea. Which is how I managed to invade England.

Now I am also having a problem that Italy and Japan refuse to sign Declarations of friendships with me, and after taking turkey and Egypt they both denounced me.

I was just wondering if you could give Italy Japan and Germany an unprecedented tolerance for warmongering.

And lastly North Africa extremely easy to take. Italy is expanding west while I took Egypt, and if Italy can take out those forces theres a slight issue. Maybe you could bolster French resistance in North Africa with a British force, just to harass Italy.

Thank you for reading.

I have to agree with you on North Africa, and have gone ahead and fixed it. I had been making the situation even worse recently in the update I have been working on too, so good catch on that. I also added in Suez as a British holding next to Egypt and made it and Baghdad occupied. Replacing Jerusalem with Suez makes that into a usable canal route too.
Overall the North African theatre should be more of a stalemate that slightly favors the Allies now.

The war mongering hatred for the Axis leaders and Stalin are all lowered to a 1, although I think Mussolini was already at a 1 in version 7 of the scenario. If that's true I suppose there is simply a hard limit on how much war mongering an ai will take.

Top Bottom