After the Patch - Pillaging heals units - Thoughts?

There's no doubt that this will make Immortal/Deity harder when you're playing defensive or tall, assuming the AI bother to pillage. And it will make conquest easier. I don't really have a problem with that though. Conquest requires a lot more decisions/turn. On the other hand, OCC can actually get pretty boring.

Also, for multiplayer, I've always felt it was a tremendous advantage to not be involved in a war, especially in speed rounds. I haven't tried Civ5 multiplayer, but one thing I remember from Civ4 is that whoever wasn't fighting in a war would ultimately end up min/maxing their actions better, thus getting an advantage.

The problem with this change is that it only helps the offense. It's *really* going to suck to get attacked now. So diplomacy is now more important than ever on Deity.

My big concern is that the AI already have a tremendous advantage on Deity. This gives an even bigger advantage to warlike AIs. It's going to be harder to keep up...

Initial deity rushes will be more deadly, but if you win, you can sell luxuries one more time :)

Pyramids and Liberty got a buff there

I`ve seen you guys talk of `tall` and `wide`. Excuse me for being dense, but what do those terms mean?

"Tall" referring to a small number (usually 4 or fewer, since the Tradition policy tree is optimized for 4) of founded cities with relatively large populations. "Wide" referring to a larger number of founded cities, typically with lower populatoins to manage happiness (each founded city comes with a happiness hit even before considering population). Liberty is the policy tree commonly viewed as best facilitating a wider strategy. Either approach can pursue any victory condition, although wide does make a culture victory a bit more difficult as policy costs rise with each founded (or annexed) city.

All of this is a gross generalization, however, since puppeting cities can give a tall empire some of the benefits of a wide strategy, and you can execute wide strategies without taking Liberty.

Check out this thread for more: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=442106&highlight=civ+acronyms

Top Bottom