Korea and Ancient Wonders DLC Video!

Since the wonders are avail in regular games I'll buy both packs.

But why do I feel like it's getting more and more expensive these DLC packs? Separating the wonders from the Korea civ is a very smart business move but not too nice for fans imo

It's not a smart business move if it drives people away.

At first I was kinda freaked about not having a vs. city bonus on the Hwacha and ocean going on the Turtle Ship, but I'm cool now. With Korea getting tech advances with every science building and wonder built in the capital, it won't be hard to get cannon and frigates much longer afterwards.

I am going to be pretty ticked off if it isn't dutch or Carthage or Portugal or Byzantine or Maya...
But it is probably going to be one of those.

I generally agree as well. It would be highly unlikely of them to pull out a civ that isn't one of those five. Possible, but not likely.

Well, everyone was predicting Korea/this for awhile now, so it's not like this is really a surprise. Looking forward to it, except now I gotta finish up the game I started really quick.

I realize that this quirk has been a Civilization staple for several iterations now, but the notion that a hwach'a is more powerful than a trebuchet (and 25% more powerful, at that) is simply ridiculous. There are more than a few historians who question whether the hwach'a was a serious weapon at all.

Since the wonders are avail in regular games I'll buy both packs.

But why do I feel like it's getting more and more expensive these DLC packs? Separating the wonders from the Korea civ is a very smart business move but not too nice for fans imo

Yeah im going to buy the bundle pack for 7.99$

Can anyone explain what is "Scholars of the Jade hall"? (Not the UA) I tried to search for it to see where they got it historically.

The Mythbusters built a replica Hwacha to field test, and the results shown it was more effective as a sort of scattered shot weapon against infantry formations.

It simply isn't feasible in design and implementation for city seige purposes.

I googled "Scholars of the Jade hall" before posting, came with no good information. Found this in the large PDF file that was provided.

In response to Sejong’s request for the establishment of a royal institute of
research, the Chiphyonjon or ‘Jade Hall’ was established within the palace grounds in March, 1420, the second year of
his reign.

The Mythbusters built a replica Hwacha to field test, and the results shown it was more effective as a sort of scattered shot weapon against infantry formations.

It simply isn't feasible in design and implementation for city seige purposes.

That Mythbusters episode of Hwacha was awesome! Anyone who haven't seen it, should watch it. Fun stuff....well...if you are the one shooting not receiving...:D

That Mythbusters episode of Hwacha was awesome! Anyone who haven't seen it, should watch it. Fun stuff....well...if you are the one shooting not receiving...:D

Yes the accuracy of the Hwacha was quit amazing.
But not comparable to what you see in the game obviously...
They also tested a 14th century Syrian "water torpedo"
Back to the topic, the Hwacha is probably the most famous Korean unit.
It is a bit of a let down to see it isn't good against cities.

Yes the accuracy of the Hwacha was quit amazing.
But not comparable to what you see in the game obviously...
They also tested a 14th century Syrian "water torpedo"
Back to the topic, the Hwacha is probably the most famous Korean unit.
It is a bit of a let down to see it isn't good against cities.

Upgrades, Logistics, Siege and more upgrades, it will be pretty decent. ;)

I am going to be pretty ticked off if it isn't dutch or Carthage or Portugal or Byzantine or Maya...
But it is probably going to be one of those.

I remember 2kGreg mentioned something about Zulu a long time ago on the 2k forums. Maybe Zulu dutch portugal?

what made you change your mind?

There are some maps where the Turtle Ship could be used effectively for war and with the right promotions and support the Hwach'a could be put to good use (if it doesn't require resources).

I can see Korea being a great archipelago civ at this point, the turtle ship could help out a lot with killing off civs and you can easily explore with just a trireme early game for instance. The UA is also ridiculously overpowered and will support teching ahead which is important in war as well, having a modern military is important to wipe out civs.

And as a fullblood Korean-American I can't help but look at the brightsides now that I've calmed down.

Top Bottom