New Unit: Zombie

I just thought of something ...

Any chance of getting some worker-type animations for this guy? Might be nice to have some ZOMBIES slaving away in my fields until I decide to attack someone.

Just a single generic working animation would probably be enough, I would think.

I'm planning to use the Zulu King unit as a witchdoctor with the Enslave ability -- producing Zombies!!!

Woo woo!!

I THOUGHT it was a pretty damn good idea!! Looking forward to new anim's! Thanx!

Originally posted by embryodead
hmm why I didn't think of this? :) I'll do some workers anims this week.

Christmas comes twice a year it seems. I had already planned using a palette-edited version of Kindred's Gobling Worker as a Zombie Worker. :)

Here are some new sounds for embryodead's Zombie.

AttackA, AttackB, Fidget, Death and Victory.

I included the adjusted .INI

The Default.flc was used for the Victory and works well because Zombies do not jump up in the air or really show "happiness" ...lol.

The Sounds are game tested and work fairly well...depending on your settings, AttackB will occasionally overlap the Death Sound during the battle when the Zombie Dies abrupty but basically OK.

yes, I know Zombies basically do not utter sounds but give it a try...you can always adjust what you do and do not want.

Use as you like........Enjoy.

Get the Zip Here: size 210 KB
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Zombie_Sounds_and_INI.zip

...BTW embryodead, any chance of adding toward a 10% increase in size to the Zombie? ... Fun unit, Thanks!

thanks, sounds are great, especially the figdet one :lol:

Is he too small? I don't really want to re-render the whole unit just for 10% which will be hardly noticeable and I matched him to civ3 swordsman.

No...he is not too small...just that the detals would be easier to see if he was 5 to 8% larger. guess I have been playing with too many Giant Units lately :lol: ...I have giving the Zombie to the Zulus and they Love him ehehehee.

Only if their master commands them to! At least, that's what Anya said in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And that's the definitive guide to everything.

Oooh... Nuh-ice! Good job ebryodead!
This inspires me to make a mod for C3C that adds magical and fantastic stuff to the real world in accordance with the legeneds in real history (as in, you'd get dragons in the middle ages and hydras guring the mid-ancient age, etc), and in the modern age some later futuristic techs and units...
I'm notorious for losing motivation pretty fast when I work on my own, so if anyone wants to take up this project with me, write me a PM please.

PS.
I also had an idea for an addition that would allow nation-specific colors: some shredded remains of clothing, possibly even just the waist of some pants with a few shreds hanging from it... Would that be possible, embryo?

Originally posted by Isembard
Looks great :) But where is the butcher from whom he took the cleaver, hmmm...
Anyone remember Butcher's Cleaver from Diablo?

Yeah I do. I can't remember what he used to say though, something like "I smell fresh meat" Speaking of Diablo quotes you ever hear what the zombies say in Diablo2? If you wait at the edge of their vision they will wander around and say "brraainss.."

:lol::rotfl: Man that brings back some memories.

Wow Embyrodead you have time to make units yourself AND the Warhammer mod? Must have some time in your hands. By the way, thats a very nice unit, you can have it as a slave worker/cannon fodder for captured units of the Khemri.

Top Bottom