FfH2 0.31 Changelog

I would agree about the world spell here. If not then mayhaps a new land type and/or bonus that only the Khazad can use and trade simular to the Lunan Pearls (someone mentioned shrooms already). The peaks would turn into a new kind of mountain (cavernouse Peaks) that grant a bonus such as shrooms and use up all motion points no matter how many one has.

I still say that the Khazad World Spell should improve Peaks.

I would agree about the world spell here. If not then mayhaps a new land type and/or bonus that only the Khazad can use and trade simular to the Lunan Pearls (someone mentioned shrooms already). The peaks would turn into a new kind of mountain (cavernouse Peaks) that grant a bonus such as shrooms and use up all motion points no matter how many one has.

I'm not sure whether that is possible or not; much of the way peaks work is hardcoded into the game engine. Peaks (and hills) are "Graphical Only." If you remove this tag and try to edit how they look, they won't have the 3D graphics. Of course, I guess you could make a 3D permanent improvement or maybe feature that looks like a Mountain with Caverns, turn the peaks to hills and then put the improvement/feature on it.

There are some changes you can make to Peaks, like increase the movement requirements to more moved than any unit has, you can increase its line of sight, and you can make it so that workers can build roads there (by changing <bWater> from 1 to 0 and letting the workers, or maybe only dwarven workers, move impassible)

On the other hand, I got just my idea working:

Spoiler :

def reqMotherLode(caster):
iPlayer = caster.getOwner()
pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
quotPeaks = 0
for i in range (CyMap().numPlots()):
pPlot = CyMap().plotByIndex(i)
if pPlot.isOwned():
if pPlot.getOwner() == iPlayer:
if pPlot.isPeak():
quotPeaks = quotPeaks + 1​
if pPlayer.isHuman() == False:
if quotPeaks < 3:
return False​
return True
def spellMotherLode(caster):
iPlayer = caster.getOwner()
pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
for i in range (CyMap().numPlots()):
pPlot = CyMap().plotByIndex(i)
if pPlot.isOwned():
if pPlot.getOwner() == iPlayer:
if pPlot.isPeak():
CyGame().setPlotExtraYield(pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), YieldTypes.YIELD_PRODUCTION, 1)
CyGame().setPlotExtraYield(pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), YieldTypes.YIELD_COMMERCE, 2)
iRnd = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(200, "Bob")
if iRnd <= 110:
pPlot.setImprovementType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_MINE'))​
if iRnd <5:
pPlot.setBonusType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_MITHRIL'))​
if iRnd >= 5 and iRnd < 15:
pPlot.setBonusType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_GEMS'))​
if iRnd >= 15 and iRnd < 45:
pPlot.setBonusType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_GOLD'))​
if iRnd >= 45 and iRnd < 70:
pPlot.setBonusType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_IRON'))​
if iRnd >= 70 and iRnd < 90:
pPlot.setBonusType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_COPPER'))​
if iRnd >= 111:
pPlot.setImprovementType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_QUARRY'))
if iRnd > 180:
pPlot.setBonusType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_MARBLE'))​
if iRnd == 170:
pPlot.setBonusType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_SHUET_STONE'))​
Getting Indentations to show properly on this forum is so tedious

"5. Added the City of a Thousand Slums wonder (increases the plot radius of the city to 3, idea by Kol.7)."

==> What about Kurios? They already have radius 3... could they get another free city if wonder built ?

"5. Added the City of a Thousand Slums wonder (increases the plot radius of the city to 3, idea by Kol.7)."

==> What about Kurios? They already have radius 3... could they get another free city if wonder built ?

As it currently is it is unbuildable by the Kuriotates (cities that already have a plot radius of 3 cant build it, and settlements cant build anything).

As it currently is it is unbuildable by the Kuriotates (cities that already have a plot radius of 3 cant build it, and settlements cant build anything).

Maybe the Kuriotates could have an alternate wonder that allows them to build an extra "real" city or convert another existing settlement into a city? Something like "The Regent of Cardith"?

I know this might throw things off on Tiny and Small maps (going from two cities to three is HUGE) but might be cool and would totally be a must-have wonder for the Kuriotates. Should probably be pretty expensive (1000+ hammers) and at least a mid-game tech given the advantage it would confer.

Or a fourth ring. But on the other hand, you will need a lot of good luck, taking care of that unhappiness/unhealth (the city could be very large).

Or a fourth ring. But on the other hand, you will need a lot of good luck, taking care of that unhappiness/unhealth (the city could be very large).

Hi DemonMaster

I had considered this, but I think it was a lot of work for Kael to add the Kuriotates third-ring mechanic in .30. I remember that was one of the things that didn't work in .25, and from the release notes it was because it was one of the most troublesome/difficult features to implement.

If you look at all city screens for any civ, you will notice that the third ring of the city is visible, but sort-of greyed out except for Kuriotates cities. I don't think it is this way in vanilla Civ. Seems like to get the fourth ring workable it would require more city-screen hacking and EVERY city/civ would have to have it, just for one Kuriotates wonder to work. Lots of pain!!

So it seemed an easier wonder to implement to let Kuriotates just have one extra real city rather then a 4th ring.

But someone who has actually done development on this might have more informed comments than I :)!

Josh

You absolutly right. I pm'ed Kol.7 to let him know his entry was going in and to see if he had any refining ideas and he requested this as well, but it was a huge pain to make the 3rd ring available. We wont be doing the work to open up the 4th ring.

You forgot that at one point he refused to heal at all so it was real easy to kill him.

I knew I missed something!
He really tries hard to get kicked out of the game.
That makes me wonder:
Kael how much do you have to pay if you kick him out of the game?

Where do you think he got that hoard from?

Prostitution racket, crack and meth dealing. A real dirtbag.
Dont forget he sales all those slaves you can buy from the undercouncil. Also those gambling houses all belong to him :)

Kael,

Could you change the Malakim Citadel of Light so it doesn't require fire mana anymore? Its not particularly strong, but its kind of annoying that a UB requires a resource; particularly one that isn't granted by your palace (plus, if you had fire mana... why not just build mages?). Plus, the Balseraph Hall of Mirrors (which is better since it actually provides 1 :) iirc) doesn't actually require any resource.

Seeing that the Kuriorates are now to have a full line of Centaur cavalry - couldn't the same be done for the Malakims also with a full line of Camel cavalry?

2. The Mother Lode world spell now gives 25 gold per mine and has a 10% chance to transform each flatland the player owns into a hill.

Even flatlands with improvements? Will we have some flood plains/desert/hills? :)

Kael,

Could you change the Malakim Citadel of Light so it doesn't require fire mana anymore? Its not particularly strong, but its kind of annoying that a UB requires a resource; particularly one that isn't granted by your palace (plus, if you had fire mana... why not just build mages?). Plus, the Balseraph Hall of Mirrors (which is better since it actually provides 1 :) iirc) doesn't actually require any resource.

To seems appropriate to make it require Sun Mana instead (Fire was only a stand in for sun, in many places, including the Malakim palace), and maybe make the fireball stronger or have better range based on the amount of sun mana possessed. I would suggest changing it to one of the Sun Sphere summons, but sand lions don't really seem appropriate and an Aurealis seem like it would probably be too strong (unless there were only a small chance of summoning one.) It would also be nice for the building to significantly increase your line of sight, perhaps based on the amount of sun mana you have.

Dont forget he sales all those slaves you can buy from the undercouncil. Also those gambling houses all belong to him :)

I like your ideas better. They are more in line with what we know about Erebus. Acheron also has an investment in the Ratcatcher's Guild. Still a real dirtbag. :lol:

Added a Lanun Harbor (Lanun only, as a Harbor but grants -10% maintenance and +25% naval unit production) (woodelf).

like the maintenance mod. on the harbor, but please don't make the lanun harbor cost any more hammers than a normal harbor, they have a hard enough time building anything.

i really think lanun need something like the offshore platform where they get +1 hammers in each water tile. this would really work well with there theme and would help their lack of productivity.

I was thinking that the Lanun harbor (or another Lanun UB) should have the effects of a Dutch Dike, +1 hammer per river-boarding land tile and 1 per water tile.

(In .25 I actually added the Levee at Engineering and the Customs House at Taxation, along with the Dutch and Portuguese UBs for the Lanun, and will probably add them to .30 now that the patches have slowed/stopped)

Top Bottom