Civ5 SDK Available on Steam

Now I'm really mad :mad:

Already had my Sid Meiers Civilization V in the game list.
Steam - Library> Tools .. I can see all other games related but no Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK

I've already tried
restart Steam many times
restart my computer many times
*NOW reinstalled Steam a dozen times!

I can see other titles like Alien Swarm SDK, Unreal Development Kit, etc
But still no "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK"

WTH is it so difficult? Can someone just upload the Mods tools to a file hosting site?!!!!!!!!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Already had my Sid Meiers Civilization V in the game list.
Steam - Library> Tools .. I can see all other games related but no Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK

I've already tried
restart Steam many times
restart my computer many times
*NOW reinstalled Steam a dozen times!

I can see other titles like Alien Swarm SDK, Unreal Development Kit, etc
But still no "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK"

WTH is it so difficult? Can someone just upload the Mods tools to a file hosting site?!!!!!!!!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I am downloading it now, it is down towards the end of the list! Right now it is downloading this visualstudio 2010. It is 8 up from the bottom. All set now I just have to figure out how to use everything, and get used to it. I think I will like working with hexes rather than squares.

Pretty nice tools. Even as a complete novice I just finished and uploaded a mod :) though I haven't yet figured out how to update tooltips with what I changed.

World builder is really awesome! Kudos to Firaxis.

I actually have the same problem. It jumps from "The Ship Dedicated Server" to "Sixense TrueMotion SDK" and nothing in between, so I really don't know what to do. I restarted Steam a few times, had a couple PC restarts in there, and there is still nothing...

Ok, I was wondering, does anyone know if there is a way to have a mod just stay within a certain technological era? I want to create a map of Greece, some islands including Crete, with Anatolia and Persia. And I don't want to go passed the Classical Era for technology.

ModBuddy is working here. I had to download and install the Microsoft VS 2010 system. Maybe those having trouble already had a version of VS in place, and it isn't quite compatible?

I can't get FireTuner to connect to a running game, but that's probably just my incompetence.

AlanH, were you able to get this going only in a VM machine? I'm trying to get it working with ubuntu, and am having trouble getting the Visual Studio installed. Was wondering how you handled it on a Mac.

ive resarted and reinstalled steam but i still cant get it to show up

I HATE STEAM!!!!

CAN SOMEONE JUST UPLOAD THEM TO A FILE SERVER SITE!!!!

for whatever reason i cannot edit my saved game world map or anything.

damn. so much for my personal handicaps...

AlanH, were you able to get this going only in a VM machine? I'm trying to get it working with ubuntu, and am having trouble getting the Visual Studio installed. Was wondering how you handled it on a Mac.

I haven't tried in anything other than my current Windows environment, which is MacOS X running Parallels Desktop v6 with a Windows XP virtual machine. I keep Windows in its place - in a window :)

I've no idea whether you can install Visual Studio in Wine on Ubuntu, but it would not surprise me if it is not possible.

can anyone pls post a rar with the wolrdbuilder, the modbuddy, Nexus and the Tuner???

PLEASEEE!!!???? :cry::cry::cry::cry:

THANXX!! :):):):)

:goodjob:

I have looked at apps in the SDK like WorldBuilder, ModBuddy, and Nexus Tools. Apart from the obvious purpose for former two, I think Nexus Tools is for 3D modeling in Civ5 based on what I've seen in official Civ5 wiki (their article about it is still incomplete) but not sure.

I'm not sure exactly what FireTuner does. Could anyone elaborate for me what it does?

I installed them, but apparently I had to be connected to the internet to use them, which annoys me as I do my playing/modding offline :(

I haven't tried in anything other than my current Windows environment, which is MacOS X running Parallels Desktop v6 with a Windows XP virtual machine. I keep Windows in its place - in a window :)

I've no idea whether you can install Visual Studio in Wine on Ubuntu, but it would not surprise me if it is not possible.

I could probably get Visual Studio 2010 installed, but I don't want all of that if I can get the Stand-Alone working. And I hate VMs,and much prefer how Wine works... normally.:p

I *CAN* get older versions of Visual Studio to work in Wine, but haven't tried 2010 yet... BTW - Is there a Wine version for Macs?

I have looked at apps in the SDK like WorldBuilder, ModBuddy, and Nexus Tools. Apart from the obvious purpose for former two, I think Nexus Tools is for 3D modeling in Civ5 based on what I've seen in official Civ5 wiki (their article about it is still incomplete) but not sure.

I'm not sure exactly what FireTuner does. Could anyone elaborate for me what it does?

As I understand it, Nexus doesn't do the actual 3D modelling. You need to use other 3D graphics packages to create or edit the original files. Nexus reformats them to be compatible with Civ5's proprietary graphics compression system, which requires RGB+alpha DDS files.

FireTuner gives you access to the live sqlite database that is active when a game is running. If the Tuner flag is set in your .ini file, you can monitor or change actual in-game values for any element of the game on the fly. It is a very effective mod debugging tool - or it's the cheat's charter. Need another 1000 gold? Drop into FireTuner and donate.

BTW - Is there a Wine version for Macs?
Yes. Wine compiles for OS X, since it is a fully certified Unix system. There is also a commercial version of Wine for OS X called Crossover, published by CodeWeavers, and they also produce Crossover Games. It's all the same stuff under the hood.

However, I was never able to get some Windows accounting software I use to run under Wine/Crossover, and I also support a couple of NFP Windows networks locally, so when Parallels (and VMWare Fusion) arrived, I bought into that approach to running Windows.

can anyone pls post a rar with the wolrdbuilder, the modbuddy, Nexus and the Tuner???

PLEASEEE!!!???? :cry::cry::cry::cry:

THANXX!! :):):):)

:goodjob:

How did you get the tools? I just have the demo but want to check out the tools and the files DO not show on steam. :sad: Not impressed with Steam so far folks.

Anyone posted the tools?

Ok, I was wondering, does anyone know if there is a way to have a mod just stay within a certain technological era? I want to create a map of Greece, some islands including Crete, with Anatolia and Persia. And I don't want to go passed the Classical Era for technology. How do I make it so I cannot research techs after the classical era?

Yes. Wine compiles for OS X, since it is a fully certified Unix system. There is also a commercial version of Wine for OS X called Crossover, published by CodeWeavers, and they also produce Crossover Games. It's all the same stuff under the hood.

However, I was never able to get some Windows accounting software I use to run under Wine/Crossover, and I also support a couple of NFP Windows networks locally, so when Parallels (and VMWare Fusion) arrived, I bought into that approach to running Windows.

I knew about Crossover for Ubuntu, just don't know much about Macs. And Wine does support Quicken now, at least up until 2009, the last one I installed, so it's all good for me.:) That was a big challenge for me to switch over to Linux... Anyway, enough thread stealing.

Top Bottom