[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

I have this problem too. first I had the famous bad memory allocation error CTD problem. now I (almost) solved it by sacrificing ability to use Alt+tab and set mem saver=1 in ini file. now it seems like this strange graphics happens a lot more. I suppose this means I need to get a better graphics card. it happens in every few turns. I tried many things but it never got better other than restarting. It's better than getting CTD all of sudden, though.

to konradcabral:
It's very difficult to design a game-balance. I don't think it was intended to be easier in this MOD. it must be because of more freedom=more room for human to outwit CPU.

to Zappara:
I noticed CPUs are building forts on top of resources. I don't get it; it seems as if thye are programed to build fort instead of mine/quary/camp etc. any idea why this is happening?

Yes, in the beginning of the problem it happened in every few turns, now its frequency has raised to almost every turn, as the save game grows.

I agree it's difficult... but we are civfanatics, we don't rest! :lol:

About the religion-related tech tree:

Increased the cost of Dualism after moving it after the Polytheism in the tree. Perhaps it could also be added as a prerequistice for Theology?

Divine Right has now a long prerequistice list: Theology, Civil Service, Feudalism, Philosophy and Architecture. Does that make any sense to you? :)

How about moving Sphinx back to Masonry, and postponing the Sculpture tech a bit, perhaps even after Polytheism? Just speculating... Any ideas?

Adjusting, adjusting... God bless perfectionism! :D

About those resources...

It seems that the AI still does not care about resources such as fur, silk, gems, cotton, lemons... For silk and gems, the AI only offers 1 gold per turn, and does not care about furs at all. This works also the other way around, you can get free furs just by asking the AI about a deal with your side of the table empty.

I guess this problem has been around since the RoM 1.0. However, it is still quite frustrating, as furs should be your strength when you spawn into a tundra starting location. Also, historically especially silk and furs were worth of their weight in gold...

And also a question on different topic: How complicated would it be to edit the unique unit availability (eg. adding the T-34 also for the Chinese)? Does it require a lot of XML editing?
I don't know how I could get those AI players to understand the value of those resources - they're acting like some ancient native people who trade their valuable gems for glass pieces :lol: Certainly will try to adjust these resources once again somehow in the patches.

Adding T-34 for chinese requires to add it in their unique units list in Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml file.

In the game, the only way to make a Crusader is by having gems and King Richard's Crusade. Instead of that, how about whoever builds KRC allows anyone following that Civ's religion to produce Crusader units.
That's nice idea - I'll try to figure out if that is possible to make.

Well, my computer isn't so fast...

i'm in 1950's and my save has 4MB... And my video card is barely supporting it... Almost every turn, the game interface become blurry and dark in a strange way i can't explain. Oddly, it is quite quick processing the data and turns, except when the video problem happens. I turned down all the video settings, and even so, the problem happens... If you guys know a way of maximize my video card to solve this problem, i'll continue to play this save. If not, i'll start a new and smaller map with the brand new RevDCM and the NewCivsPackage... I'm ultrahappy either way, even China not conquering the world. Maybe now with Brazil. ;)
Let's hope the next BtS patch will fix this Memory Allocation Fault problem. Having video card with more than 256MB RAM will probably allow you to play now longer but eventually most will get MAFs due to bugs in game engine. So for now got to play on smaller maps and not with maximum amount of Civs.

And Zappara,

i got the ultraresearch power in my empire too, as i saw other people saying around. I have all the Wonders like Edison's, Einstein's...
I play in the Noble level, last time i tried more difficult level i sucked, but that wasn't in RoM. Did you changed the difficult level to Noble becomes easier? The two times i played RoM (1.0 and now 2.0) at the Noble level i was the absolute ruler of the world... easier than BtS Noble alone. Is that a impression of mine?
Game balance in the late game will be looked into in the first patches.

to Zappara:
I noticed CPUs are building forts on top of resources. I don't get it; it seems as if thye are programed to build fort instead of mine/quary/camp etc. any idea why this is happening?
Forts give access to those resources - it's normal BtS feature. Forts act like cities so you can also build 2 tile canals with them if there's 2 land tiles between 2 seas. Forts can be very useful sometimes :)

About the religion-related tech tree:

Increased the cost of Dualism after moving it after the Polytheism in the tree. Perhaps it could also be added as a prerequistice for Theology?

Divine Right has now a long prerequistice list: Theology, Civil Service, Feudalism, Philosophy and Architecture. Does that make any sense to you? :)

How about moving Sphinx back to Masonry, and postponing the Sculpture tech a bit, perhaps even after Polytheism? Just speculating... Any ideas?

Adjusting, adjusting... God bless perfectionism! :D
Heh, just was thinking about Divine Right tech how to improve it - was thinking to allow 2 different paths to it by changing Philosophy to OR requirement for Political Philosophy.

Sphinx to Masonry? Why? ;) Are you thinking about Sculpture from Hellenic point of view or from world point of view? I think sculptures first appeared around 3000BC - religion of course has had major effect on this art form.

It will take a while before this mod is perfect.. I think you can always find something to improve so it's infinite process. ;)

"Forts give access to those resources"

Wow .. never knew that ... wonder if that is a huge bug .. e.g. if I see a resource I can't access for a couple tech years (lets say Year 5 and I need calendar) just build a fort on it (well I know I can't build a fort Y1 but you get the point)

it's rather strange that forts gives access to those resource when there's no technology required to harvest. though, if that's the bts feature we should live with it.
thanks for letting me now, especially the 2-tile canal!

Forts give access to those resources - it's normal BtS feature. Forts act like cities so you can also build 2 tile canals with them if there's 2 land tiles between 2 seas. Forts can be very useful sometimes :)

- Actually that is not a very big problem, as you don't get any bonuses from a "fortified" resource in a form of food, shields and trade... Fortifying a resource is an intelligent add-on, as it allows you to protect your border area resources in a way they would obviously be guarded in the "real world". Besides, considering the time to build a fort on a square and the amount of workers to be dispatched for that task, Mathematics is not that far from Calendar anyway. ;)

Heh, just was thinking about Divine Right tech how to improve it - was thinking to allow 2 different paths to it by changing Philosophy to OR requirement for Political Philosophy.

Sphinx to Masonry? Why? ;) Are you thinking about Sculpture from Hellenic point of view or from world point of view? I think sculptures first appeared around 3000BC - religion of course has had major effect on this art form.

- Yeah, I've been trying to make the Pyramids and the Sphinx as early wonders as they really were (before 3000 BC). Apparently it is a waste of time, however. As I mentioned somewhere, I lowered the cost of Sphinx to 200 shields. The main thing about postponing the Sculpture tech was to make Hellenism a later religion than Hinduism (which it obviously was?)

Perphaps I should attend more important things... :D

... Like the Divine Right, I was thinking Architecture as a prerequistice, as Divine Right is also a tech required to build the Versailles. (With Architecture the founder of Islam would also have the Engineering (read: Alhambra ready to be built right away to further "sweeten the pot".) ;)

Theology, Civil Service, Feudalism and Philosophy would make good additional prerequistices as Divine Right still triggers Renaissance? Correct? (I didn't check that in my last test game...)

I think the most important of all changes I've made so far is to move Dualism after Polytheism and increase the cost considerably, then make the Dualism an additional prerequistice for Theology.

It will take a while before this mod is perfect.. I think you can always find something to improve so it's infinite process. ;)

- You are absolutely right! Besides, you have already done a one hefty load of work, my hat is off to all you hardcore modders. :goodjob:

I noticed modern infantry and mechanized infantry are too close.
perhaps you want to make robotics to reqire LASER? (which is quite true. you need LASER for sensors)

I heard the there is a MOD that is called revolution? Is this compatibile with the BASE ROM2? What about bombardement? My brother tried the latest version but was buggy...

Hi Zappara,

I've been playing your mode now for a couple of days and I have to say I love it :p. It has everything I was expecting to see in the BTS expansion. Are you in contact with Firaxis and co ? I mean they should definitely hear from you !!

Appart from throwing flowers at you :king:, I can repport a small bug (though I'm sure you already know about this): some mounted units like the knights somethimes bug when they are supposed to receive an upgrade (ie: they show the blue background color but when the unit is selected, there is nothing to be clicked)

I'll try to follow your next releases ... do you have a website ?

cheers, and thx for all

Nikos

Hi Zappara,

thanks a lot for this great mod. Please keep up the great work! Thanks also to all your supporters!

Small bug: Maybe it has been reported before, I did not see it though.
The woodsman defense bonus does not seem to work at all.

@Simpa

If you are using the latest version of RevolutionDCM Add-On you can disable Revolution through the Custom Game screen. You will find check boxes for all Revolution components so you can turn on\off anyone of them.

I have the no-hud bug too.. Vistax64 english, english civ4 + bts 3.13.
Any idea about what I should try to fix that?

Top Bottom