Question on Civ 5 and G+K

Antmf

Chieftain
Hey guys, I haven't played in a long time. Played civ 4 and that was probably about 2 years or so give or take. Anyways, I wasn't that great but just picked up civ 5 and was wondering for this noob should I also pick up God and kings expansion? And how hard is it to learn this game all over again.I pretty much forgot everything and like I said I wasn't that good to begin with, but now really want to get into this game and allow it to pull me in and put some serious time into it. Can anyone also direct me to a guide for civ 5 so I can get started and not get discouraged? Thanks guys...

I recommend if you have any thoughts of getting G&K, get it. Actually get it anyway because it makes the game way more fun. I played vanilla and found some of the changes in G&K really good so it would be a good idea to get it strait away so you don't have to change you playing after the expansion

Civ 5 + Gods and Kings = Great fun and addiction.

Before Gods and Kings the game war pretty drab honestly. I played for a while but it didn't really stick.

But after the expansion.. The game was too good to pass! The expansion really brings the game up to par with its name, fixing quite a few annoying issues.

I grabbed G&K for the steam sale. Are any of the DLCs worth getting?

Edit: nice, havent played since vanilla release. anyone have suggestion for modpack to use? nothing too crazy, just expands on the game

I grabbed G&K for the steam sale. Are any of the DLCs worth getting?

Edit: nice, havent played since vanilla release. anyone have suggestion for modpack to use? nothing too crazy, just expands on the game

As to the second question: VEM / GEM

On the first one: The one with the most re-play value is Explorers (for the additional map scripts); there's a combo of that + Denmark.

In Vanilla, the second most interesting one to me was the double race one: (Spain + Incas); be advised that Spain is now in G&K so its only Inca (and the two scenarios) you'd get.

Third most in my book was Babylon (It's overpowered when played by the human so might not have much replay as them; but it does have replay in the form of locking an AI to it to give the AI a bit more of a shot.)

A close fourth in my book was Korea (again play once and see how overpowered they are and then lock another AI to them in future games); there's a combo with three Ancient Wonders

And to me, both Polynesia and that scenario were interesting.

Top Bottom