Is it just me, or is Catholicism the most frequently chosen religion by AI?

Anyway, i've never seen anyone take Sikhism or Tengrilism. I think Tengrilism is Attila's first choice, but he rarely starts a religion in my games as he is occupied by producing thousands of battering rams and shoving them up my... city gates :mad:

I think Mongolia and Persia's first choice is Tengrism

Catholicism is the preferred religion of:
Austria, Aztec, Brazil, Celts, Denmark, France, Inca, Maya, Poland, Polynesia, Portugal, Rome, Spain, Venice

Denmark and Polynesia should probably be switched to Protestantism.

The other civ's preferences:
Spoiler :
Protestant:
America, England, Iroquois, Germany, Netherlands, Shoshone, Sweden, Zulu

Eastern Orthodox:
Byzantium, Ethiopia, Greece, Russia

Islam
Arabia, Babylon, Carthage, Egypt, Morocoo, Ottomans, Songhai

Hinduism
India and Indonesia

Zoroastrianism
Assyria and Persia

Tengriism
Huns and Mongolia

Taoism
China

Shinto
Japan

Buddhism
Siam

Confucianism
Korea

IMO Assyria should be Orthodox but I guess they felt Zoroastrianism is the go-to ancient religion (yet Babylon and Carthage are Islamic).

If each civ has a preference for a religion then Judaism wont be on any ones list. Aside from Israel, there has never been a Judaic "Civilization", and I highly doubt whether Firaxis would put Israel in the game because that would be a contentious thing to do.
I've seen Khazaria mentioned around here as a possible non-controversial (to my knowledge, at least) civilization that could have Judaism as its favored religion.

The process of determining a civilization's preferred religion is simple.

If the religion associated with the civilization during the leader's time is in the game, then that's the preferred religion. If not, then the preferred religion is whatever religion is most popular in that region today.

Top Bottom