City-States in Perpetual War

Ghost_Pepper

Chieftain
I am currently playing a game as Venice. This happened around the Medieval-Renaissance Era. There were two city-states bordering each other- Riga and Zurich. Riga was allied to Spain and Zurich was allied to Shoshone.

I sent one of my Merchants of Venice down and I used the standard trade mission on Riga that all great merchants can use. This gave me enough influence to ally Riga. Then I used some of that money to ally Zurich in the same turn. So far so good. After I ended my turn Brazil asked me if I would like to go to war with Shoshone to cut them down to size, and I said yes.

While I was moving my troops toward Shoshone I noticed that Zurich was attacking Riga's troops along the way! Somehow Zurich and Riga never declared peace on each other when they changed allegiance to me instead of their former master's.

In face for the next 100 turns both CS remained at war, often pillaging each other's land, losing me some gifted resources, so I had a worker in each CS to repair whenever this happened. I considered revoking my protection to get them to ally to other civs, and then re-allying them later, but since I filled out Patronage I never lost the alliances. So far it's the 20th century and my two CSs have been locked in a perpetual war since the renaissance era! Is this a bug or will my city states go to war with each other occasionally, regardless of who their ally is?

Also how do I take screenshots while in game? I am new to the forum and I want to upload a screenshot maybe of the two CS fighting.

Attachments

• Enrico Dandolo_0230 AD-1600.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • Enrico Dandolo_0299 AD-1858.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
Top Bottom