Tradition Opener - the % modifier for it?

I believe it's 25% but I haven't checked the files for a while now.

Its not 25%, instead it changes the formula

normally

15 + (10*tiles already obtained)^1.1
to
15+ (10*tiles already obtained)^0.85

so it changes the exponent... meaning it has a bigger effect on the later tiles.

Its not 25%, instead it changes the formula

normally

15 + (10*tiles already obtained)^1.1
to
10+ (10*tiles already obtained)^0.85

so it changes the exponent... meaning it has a bigger effect on the later tiles.

That is a massive difference. Tile 6 costs 105 culture without the Tradition opener according to that formula, but only 40 culture with it.

Very powerful (tile acquisition speed in Liberty starts is almost unendurable).

Unfortunately The Tradition opener doesn't change the gold cost of acquiring tiles, so you still have to be patient and endure the city governor's choices about which tiles to acquire with culture.

That is a massive difference. Tile 6 costs 105 culture without the Tradition opener according to that formula, but only 40 culture with it.

well 45 (I mistyped 10 instead of 15 ... the initial constant is the same)

So, guessing that Ankor Wat is a flat 25% decrease, after the formula, not inside the formula.

And the same would go for the Russian UB?

I was thinking of using this in conjunction with Shoshone start.... to enable a super-land grab of epic proportions. Then grabbing up all the defensive abilities you can possibly muster.

Guessing the "tiles already obtained" doesn't matter how they're obtained? i.e. initial city placement vs outright purchase with gold or culture?

Shoshone Tradition does tend to grab a huge amount of land with little effort. Especially if you grow at least a little culturally. I've had the most land area with 4 cities in comparison to an Ottomon mass expansion with probably 10+ cities before.

So, guessing that Ankor Wat is a flat 25% decrease, after the formula, not inside the formula.

And the same would go for the Russian UB?

I was thinking of using this in conjunction with Shoshone start.... to enable a super-land grab of epic proportions. Then grabbing up all the defensive abilities you can possibly muster.

Guessing the "tiles already obtained" doesn't matter how they're obtained? i.e. initial city placement vs outright purchase with gold or culture?

Initial city placement tiles don't count.. neither do gold bought ones
only culture acquired tiles count for culture cost of tiles

(although gold bought ones AND cultural ones do increase the cost of other gold bought ones_

Initial city placement tiles don't count.. neither do gold bought ones
only culture acquired tiles count for culture cost of tiles

(although gold bought ones AND cultural ones do increase the cost of other gold bought ones_

Nope, the base gold cost of the next tile is only affected by the total number of tiles in all cities you have bought with gold so far. The first tile costs 50 and the increment is either 5 gold or 10%, I haven't paid enough attention to the cost of later tiles to work out which is which. The actual cost you pay for a tile is the base cost affected by some modifiers (which could be zero) like the number of tiles you already own bordering that tile, how far it is from the city compared to tiles you already own, the terrain and whether there is a river between the tile and tiles you already own. It correlates strongly with the order in which the tile is going to be picked by cultural expansion. Tiles that are in line to be picked next (the pink bordered ones), always go at the base rate.

Top Bottom