[MODMOD] BLUModMod for Age of Discovery II

I've updated BLUModMod to version 0.13. You can use the same download link to get it. I'd advise starting with a completely clean AOD2 1.10 - hopefully you kept a copy somewhere safe.

BLUModMod 0.13
Fixes/Changes

+ Added the BLUModMod Americas scenario
+ Added the EE2 Galleon - complete with 10 sails hand-crafted by me. I may come back to this later to improve it - but for now it works
+ Fixed Gold resource icon finally for City/Europe screens
+ Fixed Gold Miner Icon
+ Other minor fixes

Can't get it to install right, I've unzipped the mod folder to MODS, now what?

You need to install Age of Discovery II version 1.10 first - the instructions are here.

After that, copy the BLUModMod AgeOfDiscoveryII folder over your AgeOfDiscoveryII folder in Mods.

I already had it installed, that's what I did. For some reason doing it the time second works... Haha, I will never be a modder.

When playing as the dutch when you create a Calverist (dragoon) with a free colonist, the graphic is still a free colonist and doesn't look like a dragoon. Also I am getting a pink box for gold when it is loaded onto either a ship or wagon train.

One other bug I have is when I first load into the Age of Discovery II BluMod Mod the graphics on my start up screen are all screwy.

Thanks, I'll try and tidy these up soon. I know what the issue is with the main menu screen.

This is a really neat modmod... considering Dale is coming out with a new version, 1.11, in the not-to-distant future, is it going to be much work for you make your mod compatible with the new version?

Thanks :) Given that 1.11 is really a stability/bug fix release and not adding too many new features (I hope!) then it shouldn't be much work to upgrade this.

One thing I've noticed playing this modmod, is that it takes a long time to load. When I go to advanced, load mod, it can take up to 2 mins for the Col to restart with the mod loaded. And my comp is almost brand new, decked out and built for MMORPG gaming. Is this normal or should I re-install? I noticed AOD2 would normally take a good 30 seconds before....

One thing I've noticed playing this modmod, is that it takes a long time to load. When I go to advanced, load mod, it can take up to 2 mins for the Col to restart with the mod loaded. And my comp is almost brand new, decked out and built for MMORPG gaming. Is this normal or should I re-install? I noticed AOD2 would normally take a good 30 seconds before....
My laptop isn't too good, but it just take less than a minute:confused:
Maybe you should reinstall it, although i don't know if it'll work

It takes a while on my machine too. I'm not sure, but I think using modular loading might slow it down a bit. The main thing is it should perform OK once loaded.

When playing as the dutch when you create a Calverist (dragoon) with a free colonist, the graphic is still a free colonist and doesn't look like a dragoon. Also I am getting a pink box for gold when it is loaded onto either a ship or wagon train.

One other bug I have is when I first load into the Age of Discovery II BluMod Mod the graphics on my start up screen are all screwy.

I've put together a patch for these issues - if someone can confirm that it fixes them then I'll release it properly. Just copy over the top of 0.13.

Edit: the fixed version is further down the thread.

It takes a while on my machine too. I'm not sure, but I think using modular loading might slow it down a bit. The main thing is it should perform OK once loaded.

Performs perfectly fine while loaded...

On a completely unrelated note, given how rare and valuable gold is, it would be neat/nice to have some sort of announcement when it is discovered. I don't mean a "you discovered the pacific" type pop-up, but something similar to when your colony produces a free colonist from food. I'm sure like most people I just set my scouts on auto-explore, and don't really follow their progress after that.

Or maybe I'm just lazy ;)

I downloaded the patch and the startup screen is fixed but Calverist still look like free colonists and there is still a pink box for gold when loaded onto a transport

Mmmm, nevermind I was rushing. They are the right file changes, but I probably got the folder structure wrong for the patch or something. I'll test it and release as a proper new version this weekend.

Edit: Checked it out and I was right the folder structure should go Assets/Modules/BLUMod. I've attached an amended version of the patch.

Top Bottom