Am I just missing it - how to install to NOT the C: drive?

Venger

Give it a tumble, sport
I haven't found it yet, might be boneheadedly missing it, but it doesn't ask where to install it and I do not know where to change it, I have no interest installing this on my C: drive, I have Civs 2-4 on my E: drive along with all of my games. Anyone be of assistance?

When I got a new hard drive and wanted to move my games to it I had to copy my steam directories to it and restart steam with some of the steam files deleted. There are instructions on how to do it at steams website. I'm at work and can't get there or I would link them for you. Otherwise I don't think there is a way to tell it to install elsewhere.

Install steam on the drive you want your steam games installed on. To move steam I just moved the steam folder to a different drive and it worked no problem. I've even copied steam folders from one computer to the next and had it work without even having to reinstall (IIRC).

I'm the same way. My games are on my H: drive and my C: is low on space.

I just used Steam Mover to move Civ 5 over to H: and it worked great.

It's a tiny .exe file and will work for any game, not just Steam games.

Thanks for the info helped me a lot. Installation path is an important step of any installation and steam just skips it. And being forced to install everything on a single drive is just nonsense, install 4-5 games and small drives can get full. They should take care of this.

I agree many basic issues seem to have been skipped in order to worshp at the altar of Steam. For example. My initial install was interrupted and when I went back to install from my DVD it forced me to download from Steam. So what is the point of a DVD if you have to goto Steam anyway.

I agree many basic issues seem to have been skipped in order to worshp at the altar of Steam. For example. My initial install was interrupted and when I went back to install from my DVD it forced me to download from Steam. So what is the point of a DVD if you have to goto Steam anyway.

There is no point. There's no reason to buy the DVD, unless you want a box and disc for some reason. Or you bought the collector set for the miniatures.

Top Bottom