Demo version CTD - anyone else suffering ?

gseddo

Chieftain
So I'm waiting for my Collector's version to arrive in the post from UK (no retail stock available yet here in Qatar), and decide to download and try out the Demo version, just to whet my appetite.
No probs with Steam install etc ..., and Civ V itself also loads and runs fine, until ...
... I come into contact with any other AI nation, and then it's a straight CTD !!
This doesn't happen when entering city-state territory, but the first sight of other civ cultural boundary & territory and the game gives up the ghost !
What is going on here - anyone experienced the same issue ?

Have the devs decided to not allow 'other civ interaction' in the demo version, or is there a bug?

Any help much appreciated, prob have to wait another 4-5 days before the CD package arrives.

It's possible that this is the problem, as the CTD happens before the leader screen would normally appear (i.e. on first contact with a new AI civ).
I'll give that a try and re-post the result - thanks for the tip.

I thought my PC & display hardware would be enough to cope with the high-res graphics (NVidia GeForce Go 7800 GTX running on a Dell XPS M170, Windows XP SP3, with 2.26GHz proc & 2GB RAM).
Should I consider upgrading some of the hardware perhaps ?

For some reason the performance of the leader animations are terrible. Set the details of them to low, that should do the trick.

Your card should be able to run the game itself fine.

Cheers for the update oynaz - good to know a machine nearly 5 yrs old is up to the job !

I thought my PC & display hardware would be enough to cope with the high-res graphics (NVidia GeForce Go 7800 GTX running on a Dell XPS M170, Windows XP SP3, with 2.26GHz proc & 2GB RAM).
Should I consider upgrading some of the hardware perhaps ?

The graphics card is quite old and it's a mobile version...needs an upgrade.

When playing the demo last night I had it that the game crashed on me during an Augustus Caesar diplotalk. It *only* happened when I clicked on the Demand button in the Diplomacy screen.
Didn't test it further since I bought the game today.

Top Bottom