Two displays -> cursor leaves game

mutant-enemy

Warlord
Hey there,

I've got two displays, Civ is on the left one, the desktop on the right one. When I move the cursor to the left, the top or to the bottom, I can move through the map, but it leaves the game when going to the right, since there's the other display.

I already had this problem with civ 4 (and with no other game), but it's quite unnerving to be able to move with my keyboard arrows exclusively.

Does anyone know whether there's something I can do about that?

Thanks in advance!

I had same problem with Civ3, but strangely not with Civ 4.
I think there's no good solution...

You can move the cursor just to the edge of the primary screen but not over it. I used to play like this but I found it quite annoying and time consuming. So I just disable the second screen every time I play Civ5 and use Alt+tab instead if I need to use Windows.

I have this issue, the best thing to do is use the arrows on the keyboard when moving in that direction.

Yay! :goodjob:

Updates to Sid Meier's Civilization® V have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

UI

* Fix for production prompt that sometimes appears with newly created puppet states that could stop the player from being able to end the turn.
* Aircraft banner corrections - now when you rebase an aircraft, the number will move with it.
* Resource icons now come up with Ctrl-R again, instead of sharing the same button with Build Roads.
* Selecting a great general will no longer cause yield icons to appear.
* Added option to disable auto-unit cycling.
* Fix for full-screen game when running dual monitors. Previously, the curser could scroll off the "open" side, and not be able to scroll the map in that direction.
* Misc additional fixes to mouse controls, and other interface issues.
* Rounded out financial information in the Economic Overview screen.
Details now provided on the amount of gold provided by each city, the cost of buildings in each city, etc.
* Auto-populate save menu with save file name
* Allow selection of other cities by hex from within the city screen
* Added detailed trade route info to Economic Overview screen
* Added new tab to the Economic Overview Screen: "Resources & Happiness."
* Added option to activate the mp score list in single player (for "always up" score similar to Civ IV.)
* The Annex/Puppet/Raze popup now indicates how much extra Unhappiness will be assumed with each action.
* If there are less than 5 buildings still needed to construct a National Wonder, the production popup tool-tip now lists which cities lack them.
* Added Yield & Culture tool-tip info to the production popup.
* Tweak information on the Global Politics tab in the Diplomacy Overview screen.

Still not working for me after the patch . . .

. . . and I'm quite happy with it. This way I can read the forums and write this post while I wait for the turns to end.

So: it's not a bug, its a feature.

I also have this same problem.....
This patch also not work for me too.
One thing wants to know, is there have someone can solve this problem after this patch?? Cos I'm just thinking if this problem is not on game(if believe they are really patched that problem), but on other problem. e.g. display card driver setting

new information update~~
I setting back from full screen to window screen, I found there have new setting in interface page. that is "BIND MOUSE", after apply it(there have never, full screen only and always), cursor won't go to the other screen.
YEAH~~~~~:lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom