game not updating

mbuna120

Chieftain
the patch has been out for a while, and my game is still 1.0.0.20. I have contacted steam, but they're no help at all. How do I get my game to update? I absolutely hate trying to navigate steam, i can never find anything. Also, how do i get the dlc that is supposed to be available now?

Normally, Steam should automatically update the files.
That does happen after a restart, and only if you did not disable the updates (and sure only when you are in online mode).
-> Please check these things again.

And the mongols you will also get automatically.

Another note: Deleted your thread in the strategy forums.
Please don't spam here.

I appreciate the response, but as I am having trouble navigating steam, telling me to check for things without telling me how to check for them is of limited use. I'm always in online mode, so thats a non-issue. And I apologize, i didnt realize that posting in two forums was considered spam...

The mongols i have, but my patch version is 1.0.0.20 according to game screen. I cannot view the city for puppeted cities, and I can still trade resources at 300g. So that patch is obviously not implemented for me. It should be 1.0.0.62 right?

I appreciate the response, but as I am having trouble navigating steam, telling me to check for things without telling me how to check for them is of limited use.

It's even a bigger problem for me, i don't have steam at all.
If you didn't disable them, they should be enabled, so that's not a problem.

And I apologize, i didnt realize that posting in two forums was considered spam...

No problem, just keep all responses in one thread, it's way more productive.

The mongols i have, but my patch version is 1.0.0.20 according to game screen.

:crazyeye:
Okay...that should not happen.
One try:
- Delete everything in My Documents\My Games\Civ5\Cache and load the game again. Maybe it just does not load the current files and loads instead the files in the cache.
- Second try: Check the file integrity. In Steam go -> library -> Civ5 -> Properties -> Local files -> check file integrity

I tried both of your suggestions. Nothing changed. I did, however, manage to find the DLC by messing around where you got me to. BUT....after buying it and clicking the install (which did nothing btw. no redirect...nothing) I can see that I have the content on steam. When I load my game, either from steam or from the desktop, neb is still unavailable, and i'm still on patch 1.0.0.20. I dont understand. This is really ticking me off.

Go into Steam's folder (quit Steam first) on your hard drive and delete clientregistry.blob (its safe, Steam will regenerate it).

If that doesn't work try;
Go to Steam (button in upper left corner of window) -> Settings -> Downloads + Cloud -> Download Region and change it to something near you other than what it is (this will restart Steam).

OMG finally. Princescamp, option 1 didnt do anything at all that i could tell. But option two worked. I changed it from washington dc to new york....which is way further away since I live in WV. But when i changed it to new york, it updated civ right away, also adding my dlc. Should i change it back? or just leave it at new york? Thank you so much for your help!

It seems that many people are having trouble with the DC region. I'd leave it at New York as the difference in distance isn't that much.

There are so many servers/download regions in the states for Steam just leave it at one if it works really well for you (until you ever find that it doesn't). The only Canadian one is in Toronto so I use the one in Washington State. Glad it worked :)

Top Bottom