how to set the various settings on 5770?

pazmacats

Warlord
bad gameplay is one thing, but slowness of bad gameplay is even worse.

How are people setting up the game to run on radeon 5770?
Dx9 or 11?
Terrain Tessalation High Medium Low?
What kind of shadows, etc.

Sometimes higher settings (for example for shadows) produce better FPS on my video card... that's why I am curious. Maybe some talented tech person can shed some light on the different settings and their effect on the 5770...

I have a 5770, and I have all graphics settings maxed out. What's the rest of your rig look like?

Maybe it's your proc? It's all I can think of, Civ V runs great on my PC, and the only real difference is I have a quad core proc. I have 4 gigs of ram also. What version of the drivers are you running? I think the latest version is 10.11. I would definitely upgrade to that.

Win7 OS
4G of RAM
Athlon Dual Core @2.7Ghz
mainboard: K9A2 Neo

-------

It's not running very well. It's playable, but selecting and moving units takes a little bit too long, so I am not happy.

Graphics options depend very much on the resolution of your display. If you're running at 1400x900, you can use higher settings than at, say, 1920x1080.

I have a 5770 running at 1920x1080 and the game chugs a bit on maximum settings. Turning down anti-aliasing helps.

People have a tendency to overestimate graphics cards and undervalue cpu's. Although graphics cards performance cannot be bargained with (You need the graphic power in almost any situation) but what people tend to forget is that features that your graphics card does not support will be emulated in software by your cpu. There is almost always something that is not supported in hardware. Besides the framework for directx is still computed in cpu.

Another aspect of it is strategy games, these kind of games have always been very demanding on cpu power due to huge amounts of units and all the different aspects of the game that needs computations. I would strongly recommend anyone to get a six core cpu, civ 5 is specially designed to utilize multiple cores in proper ways. Enough videomemory/ram is also of importance here, if you lack memory you will experience lag no matter how powerful your graphics card is.

A minimum of 4 GB is recommended from my part of view, this is from pure experience. But a good amount of video memory should do very good here as well.

Maybe it's your proc? It's all I can think of, Civ V runs great on my PC, and the only real difference is I have a quad core proc. I have 4 gigs of ram also. What version of the drivers are you running? I think the latest version is 10.11. I would definitely upgrade to that.

What resolution are you running? I'm having "issues" with the game dropping to 25/30fps late in the game... I'm wondering how to make everything stay at 60fps. I'm running i7 950, gtx 480 Sli, 12 GB Ram.

What resolution are you running? I'm having "issues" with the game dropping to 25/30fps late in the game... I'm wondering how to make everything stay at 60fps. I'm running i7 950, gtx 480 Sli, 12 GB Ram.

I run it at 1600 x 1200.

Top Bottom