Unit sounds continue after action

o.pwuaioc

Chieftain
This seems to be a recent thing for my game. I've lately noticed that after performing an action sometimes the sound of that action repeats for the rest of the game, or at least until that unit is dead (I think). I noticed it just once after hours and hours of gameplay, but then I decided to start a brand-new, no mod game and it is occurring all the time now.

I think it might be because I play windowed instead of full-screen, as I did not notice it when it was the latter, but that might just be coincidence.

Any idea? I did a search for this, but I think the description might be too ambiguous to allow for precise results.

Slight addendum: it looks like it's tied to a locale sometimes, too. I moved my units away from an area, but the area itself is still emanating the "attacking" sound (after my unit was attacked by a barbarian).

This happened to me one time. My swordsman or warrior, I forget which, attacked an enemy. I forget if he killed the enemy or not, but the "grunting" sound and metal clanging went on for awhile after combat was finished. Seemed to be when I moused over near that location. The game kind of lagged during the combat too. Wasn't the whole game though.

This happens to me every game, multiple times a game if i'm not careful since the last patch . I play in windowed mode and when Civ5 loses focus if certain sounds are playing (unit combat, unit moving) they will loop forever as you described. They even continue looping at the main menu and the only remedy is to exit to desktop and restart the game. The reset audio function in the debug panel does nothing to help.

My workaround to this is to slide the view into the fog of war or an empty spot on the map where there are no units when I want to change to another window.

I have a Gigabyte G1.Assassin 2 with onboard Creative X-FI (20K2) sound.

happens to me also, often enough to notice it as "regular". maybe every 20-30 hours of gameplay time.

Top Bottom