[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

This mod is great, I've played 3 games with it so far and found no problems. I also found it works well when I add some extra civilizations from Civ Gold 4.0 modpack. This is one of the few mods I can add extra civs with and have it still work. Great job :)

how do you do that add civs is it easy because I am not a programmer thank you

Version 2.85 Up; Please Re-Download

It fixes a major bug and some balances issues that were pointed out to me (suzerainty in particular needed some work).

Additionally, as a few people expressed disappointment that this version added no new leaders or civs, I added Atilla and the Huns for you to play as.

Spoiler :
Atilla Exp/Str

Huns:
Yurt: Stable that increases Enemy War Weariness
Raider: Catapult with 2 movement and increases collateral damage potential but requires horses

8.5 also adds two more religions to the Choose Religion option:
Tengriism (Mongolian/Hunnic/Siberian Shamanism)
Canaanism (Levantine Baal/El Centered Polytheism)

Hosted at Filefront and Mod Db (the download link directs you to whichever is better for you. Mod Db may take a few more days before it's approved and up)

Download

Just wanted to say I'm amazed a mod of this size takes so little time to load. (Noticed you PAK ed the art!)

And I'm honoured you included Thomas' War 2.8 Huge Earthmap with 18 civs in your latest version.

Although I'm not amused by whichever anonymus decided to downgrade its A+ rating to C by, I'm guessing, voting F. Couldn't vote any lower? Very mature.

Thomas' War 2.8 Huge Earthmap with 18 civs now has 200+ downloads and its rating is back to A-, which is more like it.;)

I appreciate ofcourse the extra downloads (always nice), the map is included with tsentom1's latest version of the mod, as mentioned below (as well as on the DL Page).;)

jeelen we appreciate your hard work:goodjob:

Thx, you're welcome!;)

BTW, adding civs can be done in Worldbuilder (by opening the WBS with Notepad. Civ definitions must match those of the mod exactly or they won't show up in the Choose Civ list.) Hope that helps.

Sorry I don’t comment on this as much as I should. I do read it and if someone points out a problem I do work on a fix (to be included in the next version if it’s not game breaking).

Now that Colonization is out, I’m working on the next version of Thomas’ War. The next update will mostly be new leaders / civs. I’m adding two new traits Agricultural and Nationalistic and thus a leader for every new trait combination. Since I’ve exhausted the XML already with what it can do in terms of traits, buildings and units I’m working on the python to get them to do what I want so I can’t say exactly what they will do yet. (If you notice I slipped some Agricultural leaders into the last version, the trait bonus will probably change).

If it's okay to use the COL leaderheads in Civ 4 they will appear. Some of the new civs going to be included are Austria, Gran Colombia, Tupi (which I made a really cool python building for. Since they practiced a form of ritual cannibalism, I gave it the ability to give you extra food every time you sacrifice population with slavery), and a bunch more. A lot of new native leaders since COL has like 7 new Native leader heads.

Then there’s also the other things I’m always working on trying to fix like the Civlopedia Unit problem (so sorry about this, it’s the one thorn in my mod), a mercantile victory, etc.

Since I’m busy with work and school (and maybe moving out of the country next year) if you have immediate questions about the mod or problems with it not working, it’s probably better to pm me to ensure an answer. I really do appreciate bug reports, balance ideas, and even new ideas for new civs and units though, or pointing me towards better art.

Hope you are all enjoying the mod!!

(p.s. someone asked me to post a better 3.13 compatible version so I will do this soon)

Also thanks again to JELEEN not only for the great scenarios but I see for helping out in this thread in my poor ability to manage it.

You're the best!! :)

Stop it, you're making me blush!:blush: (No seriously, just glad I'm able to help.)

Tupi (which I made a really cool python building for. Since they practiced a form of ritual cannibalism, I gave it the ability to give you extra food every time you sacrifice population with slavery)

Ritual cannibalism means it's small scale. This ancient practice survives symbolically in the Christian "blood and wine" formula (which stands for the blood and body of Christ). So the bonus should be spiritual/cultural rather than material - like in the Mesoamerica mod.;)

Just a heads up in response to a pm sent to me;

I’m aware of the language / missing interface problem. It’s being fixed, unfortunately, due to the time involved in fixing it, it’ won’t be corrected to the next version. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

OMG!!

YAY! After hours upon hours upon hours I finally fixed the Civlopedia!!!

It'll be completely workable next version.

sweet !!!:run::banana:

Great mod, but i ha ve a sort of freeze. It happens that "waiting for other civilizations" runs a little bit too long....30 minutes the last time i tried. Of course i control alt deleted...... Can i send you the savegame?

Wicca is neither modern nor a new "religion"; beyond being a belief system, I doubt it would qualify as a religion. (Though a sect it might be.) I think it should also need to qualify as a world religion, which Civ4-wise kind of rules out scientology, which, likewise, has a very limited audience. (Perhaps there's room for a modcomp for either, but I seriously doubt it will be widely appreciated.)

Top Bottom