Quick Questions and Answers

Jet Fighters and Stealth Fighters do not have heal option in a city. Is this a bug? Other units have the option.

I cannot gift a worker unit to a city state. Is that true?

It is theoretically possible to get the AI to give you stuff. If you are powerful enough you can occasionally extort gold or resources as tribute. And if another civ likes you enough, they will occasionally agree to small requests. If they refuse it does invoke a relations hit though, and they almost never say yes so in practice it's not worth it.

So I have to do it through "demand"? That sucks... So you refuse to give them stuff - they hate you, you ask them stuff - they hate you... Idiotic design.

I just played a game on a small size map, continent, and Greece ran away with gold. By turn 110 he was similar in size and gold to the rest of us and by turn 225 he had 14 cities compared to 11-12 each for the next 2 civs. But, he had 13,000 gold by this time. By the end of the game he had over 28,000 gold and just bought every city state for the win. Is that much gold legit or is there a bug in there?

But how come that that button (which I haven't found a good word for) isn't stopped by the "next turn" button? I've forgotten to defend my cities several times because I am in fact able to press "next turn" even when I haven't completed every task I'm able to, like bombard invading enemies. My question is: how come? Is this a bug or is there a good reason I'm not notified if I've forgotten to bombard the enemy, defending my city?

I hope you understand what I'm trying to ask. Happy new year!

It's mildly annoying to forget, but when a city can attack an enemy, you always get an icon above the end turn button telling you so. If you make sure to at least check all those notices before moving on, you shouldn't miss many opportunities (other than those turns when all 20 of your cities give "we want pearls" notices, which bug me more than missing some bombardment opportunities).

This can become problematic when tiles of an allied city state has been pillaged and they don't have worker.
Those tiles will stay pillaged forever.

City states will usually prioritize building a worker if they have none. It may take a while, especially if they are still at war with someone, but they will get one. Also, you can repair pillaged improvements with your workers in allied territory, even though you cannot use your workers to build new improvements there. A feature included (if not documented) probably for just this reason.

Hello,
What is the advantage of using submarines that are currently treated by the game (v 1.0.1.141) as mere vessels : unable to enter foreign seas without permission, can be attacked by frigates etc. ? :crazyeye:

Sorry if this has already been asked - is there any way of finding out whether the AI needs a luxury resource I have? The diplo screen shows what resources *they* have, and the number of them, but I think it doesn't show luxuries that both I and they have - I've been having to call up each one to see if they will accept a trade which is very tedious :(

Hello,
What is the advantage of using submarines that are currently treated by the game (v 1.0.1.141) as mere vessels : unable to enter foreign seas without permission, can be attacked by frigates etc. ? :crazyeye:

Subs are pretty pointless. They have high attack values, so could be useful for attacking blockading ships from port, but I don't see much value. There are some mods out there that attempt to address this, give a look around.

Sorry if this has already been asked - is there any way of finding out whether the AI needs a luxury resource I have? The diplo screen shows what resources *they* have, and the number of them, but I think it doesn't show luxuries that both I and they have - I've been having to call up each one to see if they will accept a trade which is very tedious :(

If it appears in your list of available luxuries in the trade screen, then they do not have it.

2 questions.

I'm trying to get a space victory...I build all but one part of the spaceship away from my capitol. I brought all the parts to my capitol but can't figure out how to assemble them. How do I put the parts in my capitol city?

How do you put the game in a "window?" I don't want to full screen the game.

If it appears in your list of available luxuries in the trade screen, then they do not have it.

Hiya, and thanks for the reply. I know I'm going to sound daft now, but I have no idea what you are talking about unless you mean the trade screen when I am talking to an individual AI :mischief:

Is there some sort of table somewhere in the game that shows what I have that someone would like *before* I go and talk to an individual AI? Which "trade" screen do you mean - have I missed something? I sincerely hope so, because I'm trying to avoid having to call up each and every AI to find out who might like to trade loadsamoney for eg my spare silk :) I only want to bother the poor things if it's worth their while (and mine :lol: )

2 questions.

I'm trying to get a space victory...I build all but one part of the spaceship away from my capitol. I brought all the parts to my capitol but can't figure out how to assemble them. How do I put the parts in my capitol city?

I don't know if you can put the game in a window, but I do know how to handle the spaceship parts. Once the part is in your capital and has some movement left, an icon will appear in the usual list of available "move" options. I think it's usually the one at the top of the list, if you hover over it it says something like "build spaceship" or whatever, it's pretty self-explanatory. It is a little confusing the way they have done it, I must say ...

Options, Video Options, un-check the "Fullscreen" box.

You might need to drop the resolution too; not sure what happens if you choose windowed but leave it at the full resolution of your screen.

I realize this question has been asked and answered by others, but I am still having a problem.

What do I need to do in order to have the green/black (worked/not worked) icons appear in the city screen tiles.

The answer given previously was to click on the "citizen allocation focus +" in the upper right of the city screen. For the life of me I cannot find it. I feel pretty dumb which is not that unusual in this game.

I realize this question has been asked and answered by others, but I am still having a problem.

What do I need to do in order to have the green/black (worked/not worked) icons appear in the city screen tiles.

The answer given previously was to click on the "citizen allocation focus +" in the upper right of the city screen. For the life of me I cannot find it. I feel pretty dumb which is not that unusual in this game.

The plus sign is actually next to the phrase "Citizen Management" when that section is collapsed; see the screenshot in the spoiler below
Spoiler :

Hiya, and thanks for the reply. I know I'm going to sound daft now, but I have no idea what you are talking about unless you mean the trade screen when I am talking to an individual AI :mischief:

Is there some sort of table somewhere in the game that shows what I have that someone would like *before* I go and talk to an individual AI? Which "trade" screen do you mean - have I missed something? I sincerely hope so, because I'm trying to avoid having to call up each and every AI to find out who might like to trade loadsamoney for eg my spare silk :) I only want to bother the poor things if it's worth their while (and mine :lol: )

There is no list, as far as I know, other than when talking to the individual AI's, as you describe. Would be nice to know ahead of time, but it seems that would clutter the interface too much, so that feature was cut to "streamline" things.

I found a poll the other day that listed each nation and who was the "best"....any idea where I can find this? I've searched high and low..I'm sur eit's staring me in the face like usual.

Top Bottom