Help me name me frigates, mates! \o/

Makenshi

Ahoy, ye salty dogs!
Finally moving up from King, I'm currently playing my 1st Emperor game! And it is, of course, an Into the Renaissance game. I'm playing Spain and everything is great so far (I can post a summary if anyone is interested). My point here is I have 10 iron and with it I'm currently training 4 Tercios and 6 frigates (which will get names, of course!).

I already have 3 names: La Dama Negra, El Impoluto and Ira de Castilla.

Would you guys please make suggestions for the last 3? I'll use only spanish names, but feel free to post english names; I can translate them and, if they feel nice, I use them. Thank you all in advance. :goodjob:

PS: I will also roll a lot of privateers, so any names that I don't use on the frigates will likely go for them, so there is no such thing as a waste! Besides, this thread can very well become a repository for ship naming, not only for Spain but for any nation anyone is using in any games! YAY!

How about El Isabella? If you don't want your own leader suspecting you of heresy otherwise....

Also most interface mods allow you to as well, no clue about the community patch, never tried it

Aye, all me frigates are level 3, due to barracks + armories. Gotta name them immediately and get that +1 range ASAP, eh?

How about El Isabella? If you don't want your own leader suspecting you of heresy otherwise....

Good point! But since 'El' is masculine, better use 'La', which is feminine.

Actually, I'll be respectful to our queen and go with 'Señora Isabella'. :king:

EDIT: I tried naming a frigate as 'Hermosa Malinche' (hermosa = beautiful; Malinche = mexican wife of Cortéz), but the game considers this name too big (by one letter...) :mad:

How bout: el coche del mar?

Doesn't sound so good (and probably won't fit the size limit), but thanks for the suggestion! :)

Lol, hey that's the limit of my high school Spanish skillz. Wanted to say "the party ship" but I don't know the words for "party" or "ship". Man I need to go back to school.

Aye, all me frigates are level 3, due to barracks + armories. Gotta name them immediately and get that +1 range ASAP, eh?

Good point! But since 'El' is masculine, better use 'La', which is feminine.

Actually, I'll be respectful to our queen and go with 'Señora Isabella'. :king:

EDIT: I tried naming a frigate as 'Hermosa Malinche' (hermosa = beautiful; Malinche = mexican wife of Cortéz), but the game considers this name too big (by one letter...) :mad:

Doesn't sound so good (and probably won't fit the size limit), but thanks for the suggestion! :)
Would "guappa" work instead, or would that be implying that Malinche is a condiment? It's been soooo long since HS Espanol classes.

Any of:

El cruzado
Espada cristiano
Trituradora
Trituradora de protestantes
Cañón del Destino
Inglés estúpido

'Conquistador'?
'bolas de hierro'. :p
'Gran victoria'.
'Puesta del Sol'.
'mi precioso'.

Not for your frigates:

'bucanero'.
'saqueador'.
'corsaria'.
'tomador de oro'.

Ooh I never knew that, thanks Makenshi. That knowledge will help me when I feel like naming my people or units into spanish XD

Spanish Armada (35 ships)

Forlorn Hope (5 ships)
5 Flag ships: San Martin (Sidonia - Fleet Commander), San Juan de Portugal (Recalde), San Marcos, San Juan Bautista, San Mateo

Spanish Fleet (30 ships)
5 Flag ships: La Rata Santa Maria Encoronado (Levia), Florencia, San Felipe, San Luis, El Gran Grin
25 Other ships: Santiago, San Bernardo, La Magdalena, San Juan, La Maria Juan, San Pedro, San Juan de Menor, Santiago el Mayor, La Asuncion, La Trinadad, La Santa Catalina, San Francisco, Santa Maria de Juncal, San Bartolome, San Esteban, Santa Marta, San Buenaventura, La Santa Cruz, La Urca Doncella, La Regazona, San Juan de Sicilia, San Nicolas Prodaneli, La Juliana, La Trinidad de Scala, Santa Maria de Vision

http://www.juniorgeneral.org/naval/armada.html

Top Bottom