Expansion Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hebrews would be an awesome Civ for so many reasons!

1. They were warriors. Not afraid to stomp other civs and obliterate them... and, you feel good doing it!

2. They were religious.

3. There are endless great leaders.

4. They were builders: Solomon's temple, city of David, Jerusalem, so on.

5. They have the strange ability to assimilate into other cultures, then reappear as an independant nation.

6. They were gifted at trading resourses.

7. They were, are and always will be hated by all their neighbors. Which is the situation I always find myself in; so if the Hebrews were a civ, I could at least feel good about everyone being mad at me.

8. They were good at the spy game: From Joshua to modern Isreal spying on the U.S.

Ever since Civ 2 let me edit the game, my friends and I have been building Hebrew Civ's.:king:

Flak Fox said:
Personally, I would like to see more civilizations with modern special units, an example I thought of would be as follows:

Vietnam, with a special unit "Vietcong" which replaces the Marine.

I know this is probably not the best place to discuss other expansion ideas, but hear me out (as I have not got that far yet). I would like to see a special ability that makes your unit invisible to adjacent enemies while it hides in jungles or forest. This would make the "Vietcong" use the uses it was given in real life and add alot of depth to the game! A small country could still defeat an invading army if it played it's cards right. I would like to think that, an enemy unit moving into a square with an "invisible" unit instantly loses 25% - 50% of it's strength for the battle, and the invisible unit gains instantly the defense bonuses it gains on that tile. This way, Vietcong could start out with this special ability and it'd add alot of depth to the game. Just my two cents.

It would be nice to see Vietnam in the expansion since, i think, they played a more important roll than they seem in mordern history. Btw, VC might be weaker than normal Marine, but they should be cheap and can be mass-produced so Vietnam Civ could build a huge army to scare anyone who dares to invade them (and also to invade their neighbors sometime:lol: )

Hi, Ive been reading the forums for years but this is my first post. I finally broke down! I'd like to see the Vikings and Celts/Irish back simply because they're fun. I think Israel should be in for the same reasons other posters have given. There also really should be more American, Sub- Saharan African and E. Asian/ Polynesian civs. I also think that each civ shuld have 2 leaders and they should add more religions. I understand that these are just flavor changes and that players could just mod most of these changes themselves. However there are a lot of players like myself who don't know how to do this. On a side note, I hope they don't release two expansion packs like they did last time; that wasn't cool...

I'd like to see the Vikings. Their contribution to the formation of many of today's nations is frequently over-looked and is much more significant than many of the civilizations proposed in this thread.

DrewBledsoe said:
New Civs :-

Australia (unable to build cultural improvements of any kind)
:lol:

Except for a special Opera House wonder, but it can only be build using a Danish Great Engineer.

I'd vote for the Scandanavians, Celts, Ottomans, and Byzantines (an often overlooked major historical power, especially during the Crusades). I also think that the Dutch and at least one other civ from each of North America, South America (i.e. one Native civ from each), Asia and Africa are in order. The Babylonians (or just Babys for short :) ) would also be good, although not my personal favourites. Having Israel/Jewish civ would make sense. And, because we're the True North Strong and Free, Canada.

Dishpan_Hans said:
I figure max of 8 per expansion pack

1. Babylonians -

2. Turks - Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

3. Ethiopians - Hali Salasi

4. Iroquios - Hiawatha

5. Khmer

6. Scandinavia

7. Dutch

8. Mayans - Smoke Jaguar, I miss Smoke Jaguar.

New Leaders
England: Winston Churchill
Rome: Marcus Aurelius
Egypt: Rameses (whichever)
Spain: Franco
Russia: Joe Stalin...because it's more fun when you know you rival is a mass murderer!
USA: Andrew Jackson, or some more aggresive US leader

For the second one:

9- Celts

10- Carthage

11- Korea

12- Poland

13- Polynesians

14- Portugal

15- Zulu

16- Israel (Small, but hey, Judaism is in the game and every nation/group that fostered the other religions is there as a civ.)

New Leaders (now with new negative traits, making them more unpredictable and self destructive.)
USA: Nixon
Rome: Nero
England: Cromwell
Germany: Hit...er......never mind.

heyyyyyyyyyyy

Franco noooooo NEVER!!!!!!! or only if there is a scenario about spanish civil war... or world war II like in civ 2... but as a leader nooo, he made spain go 40 years delayed....

but, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk great idea, much better than any ottoman sultan ;)

Big Bottom said:
They did? OK put them in the game then. :D

I can't believe I forgot to say this (it's my homeland) but I'd like to see a Scottish civ as well. I notice the civ in the game is called 'English' and not 'British' which certainly means the possibility isn't ruled out. They could have a UU which can consume the English with fireballs from it's eyes and bolts of lightning from it's arse.

this game is supposed to make your own history, not make it repeat itself;)

These in my opinion are a must include:
DUTCH
VIKINGS
TURKS
AUSTRIA (The mighty Holy Roman Hapsburg empire)
POLAND (The great kingdom of Poland which defeated the Teutonic Knights and broke the Siege of Vienna under King Jan Sobieski III)
KOREA (The hermit kingdom)
THAI (The kingdoms of Ayutthaya and Siam)
MALAYS (The Sri Vijaya Empire)
MAYANS (The great American empire)
ZULU (The mighty Shaka Zulu's warriors)
ETHIOPIA (The ancient kingdom of Ethiopia)
BORNO (The great Kanem-Borno empire)
PORTUGAL (The Portugese colonial empire)
HUNGARY (The kingdom of Hungary)
HEBREWS (The ancient nation recorded in the Bible)
BERBERS (The famous veiled Tuareg people and their counterparts who inhabited the coasts of North Africa, forming great kingdoms at Fez and Marrakech)

Assyria,
Babylon,
Canada,
Italy,
Australia,
Vikings

Second expansion-
Korea,
Vietnam,
Ottomans,
Various African countries,
etc.

And of course "krick19nia"

Briefly back on the Canada as an Official Civ topic. As far as justification, how about having a very large economy on the world stage as far as population and population density is considered.

As for techs, things related to natural resources, such as hunting, etc?

Just a thought . . .

Expansion packs should include much more than simply new civs.
I miss the multiple maps intorduced in Civ 2 Test of Time. The aliens were stupid, easy to beat, but the concept was interesting. Also, as time progresses, I wish we could build cities underwater (some civ --CTP?-- did that. It was about the only cool thing it allowed).

Koelle said:
It would be nice to see Vietnam in the expansion since, i think, they played a more important roll than they seem in mordern history. Btw, VC might be weaker than normal Marine, but they should be cheap and can be mass-produced so Vietnam Civ could build a huge army to scare anyone who dares to invade them (and also to invade their neighbors sometime:lol: )

Yes! Another good point that I forgot to mention. The VC SHOULD be cheaper and a little weaker! :D Thanks for pointing that out, mate :p

I want te game to last a bit into the future maybe, so we can have technology similar to the start of Alpha Centauri, building ocean cities and such.

if I havent voted int hei thread before, the Byzantines!

all the civs from the civ 3 expansion civs.

Swiss Bezerker said:
I would really have to agree with your sig right now, Mr. Xen

its not a real quote for nothing you know! :hatsoff:

please no fractured Roman byzantine civ- just a knock off of the roman empire- held out for awhile then faded to the superior middle eastern civs. They bribed most of thier enemies, and offered up nothing other than trying to hold onto faded glory like a falling apart southern plantation house.
Might as well have the Confederate states.
Much more interesting Civs out there. How about one that they haven't had before? This clamoring for "favorites" stops other possiblities. zzzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom