Disc Replacement? My xbox burnt rings in my disc

hooray10

Chieftain
I did not knock over or pick up the xbox while it was running. I stopped playing, got something to eat, and when I came back the game was unplayable. I opened the tray, and saw that there were several concentric lines dug into the disc. Doing some searching online, I find that this is ANOTHER problem of the xbox 360. Anyway, is there anyway to replace this disc through 2k? Im not up for purchasing another, even w/ the price drop.

Well, if you keep something like a cell phone or something that sends radio waves / magnetic waves, it will make your Xbox got wonkey. There's no way to replace discs, only the Xbox. So if I were you, I'd buy a new game, but considering you're not up for purchasing another, I'd just leave it and play a different game.

Bummer @ your disk. Thats infuriating I know especially since I dont know of any way of burning a backup disk as in pc games.

However theres a post a few down stating Target is selling them for $15 which is pretty darn low about a trip to Subway, & lasts longer.

Heres a quote from a post I wrote earlier right on point:

Computer Download - Burn to Disk - Xbox Install
Read somewhere the XBox 360 play from HD upgrade can be installed by computer download - burning to disk - installing to console.

Highly recommend the HD upgrade. Console runs so much quieter & efficiently when running from HD with the dvd drive not running at all which means w/o that ungodly spool up noise the dvd drive makes.

The new visual format is also fun. Im actually getting the Xbox chatpad to play with. What the heck.

Gamer Tag
Manock14

You could call Firaxis or Take 2 or whatever they say to call in the manual, and ask for a replacement. That would be my guess. You also might want to call Microsoft and report the problem.

Hi,
I just got a PS3 for christmas along with Civ Colonization and civ Revolution. It is about 1hr to sundown (official opening presents time:D
I have played civ's I, II, III, IV, Warlord, BTS (mostly at Chieftan level.) I am not a geek (I come from the 50's:dunno::dunno::dunno:.
I have never downloaded a mod much less created one but I would like to try.
I would like to know more about the online aspects of CIV: REV for PS3.
I have been a bit successful in developing strategies for all my games and I am interested in posting some of them

Top Bottom