TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Hate to intrude Terrance, was going to ask you about a certain story chain I had in mind after the update, but it seems your inbox is full.

>Link to video.

"Transcript"

Dear Fellow NESers

This is Terrance888 speaking here, to announce the sad fact TerraNES, the Civil Experiment, is dead. May it rest in peace. Amen.

There are many reasons why I have ended it.

First off, there are simply too many problems surrounded the update for me to finish it in a timely fashion. I have to redo the map AGAIN, rewrite stats and write a new ruleset. In the end, I underestimated the workload and overestimated my available time.

Secondly, the more time I spent on this update, the more and more I thought about various mistakes I made in this NES. The guilt hung on my NES, shackling my creativity and dampening my spirits. This IS my very first NES, after all.

Also, I no longer feel the excitement I used to feel when I think about this NES. I’ve spent far too long thinking about it, so that when I write the updates it feels bland and tasteless no matter how I do it. It is hard for me to get motivated.

There are many other reasons, but they are in the end unimportant. I was overwhelmed by the workload, by the guilt, and by the lack of motivation.

I must apologize again for ending such a promising NES.

So where do we go now? Well, this is NOT the end of my Modding career. I have several projects in the tube and shall launch them when ready. Also, I will consider remaking TerraNES, starting off right where we left off OR after a BT.

Well, Rest in Peace, and good luck for the future.

This was an excellent game, well designed and well moderated. Sad to see it go.

I still hope to make a civ4 Mod of this, but no guarantees, since I'm already working on 3 projects

A shame that this has come to an end. This has been one of my favorite NESes since it's inception and I have really enjoyed everything that has happened in it, and hope that it returns in some incarnation at a later date. Best of luck to your other projects Terrance, and enjoy.

Sad to see this end.

Just because this NES is dead, doesn't mean that this world has to die. I still intend to produce a mod, at least for the Nile War, and perhaps of the whole thing when I get through my other projects, and I encourage others to edit the Wiki http://terranes.wikia.com/wiki/TerraNES_Wiki. Perhaps one day, Terrance, or someone else, will continue this NES, until then, since TerraNES is over, may ZombNES commence!

In our defense, we created ~content~ for a slew of people to enjoy. It's a pity that it had to end, but I'll digress as we are supposed to keep TNES I conversations out of this thread and instead necro the TNES I thread back up in order to keep it out of the archives forever.
You have a point XD It almost did reach the archives too. Tycho, I also was one of those creating ~content~

Been thinking recently that maybe the storyline of the NES ought to continue, but only with mod approved player vision (i.e., Terrance would not have to make updates, but there would be general agreements upon the events upon stories, and such). Also, expansion of some of the events, like the Keltian Holy War, and more.

Just something to do when TNES II is busy updating.

The story left off with half the Armoricans in an army marching through the lands of the Iron Lancers with the other half in Ostava, the Frenks conquering Armorica, and you losing your entire army at a bridge to the man while the Beurtgang became a true empire. Basically, we rolled 1s and Eltain rolled 20s XD

The Beurtgang Empire was always more powerful and more significant culturally than its neighbors.

Top Bottom