TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Sparta!!!! Macedonia!!!!! Thloryn!!!!! Listen to me. Together we can win this invader. He only wants to destroy Greece. We must kill him!!!!! Drive back to the sea brave Greeks.

Macedonians, Spartans, Thlorynians, Byzantines, we are all Greek!!!!!! Let us unite against this enemy!!!!!

This who dared to invade holy Greece!!!

For Byzantium!!!!!! For Greece!!!!!!!!

From THEBES

to Nubian Empire
Yes! With Nubia united under the rightful king Egypt can itself be safe with its friends from the south secured. I hope peaceful relations between our states will continue forever.

to Abydos:
We share your concerns. The city must be brought to its knees and understand its place. I suggest in accordance with our friendship we will attack the city together and it will be brought under your direct rule.

I also wish to merry my daughter to your son to unite our families forever.

to the Chiefs of Timna:
Egypt has no wish to war with your people or eradicate them. All we require is control over the mines of Timna for strategic reasons. This can be done peacfuly or warlike. I will allow the chiefs of Timna to have autonomous rule as long as Egypt sees a tribute in the shape of gold and bronze from Timna.

to Petra and Jerusalem:
Oh shut up.

More of interest for the Axumnites was the organization of the Adenite tribes. Closer to them formed Eterika, a more war-like tribe who established a strong army and sought to unite the hills to the east. On the opposite side of the pay formed Aden, a pacifistic merchant tribe holding many contracts leading into the interior.
To Eterika: Do you wish for peace or war? Shall you let trade flow freely? Do you wish for peace in our region?
To Aden: Glad to see traders and merchants leading your nation. I see we can agree on much and we can be close allies in the future. Can we count on your ports being open to us? What is your opinion of Eterika?

OOC: no lead up, no changing of the underlying cultural values, just a 180 degree shift in values. and a denouncing of the culture that is a major component of your nation. your emperor is quite clearly mad. this is going to be quite fun. high chance of victory on both sides. evenly matched fleets, same cultural base in both nations, so relatively easy assimilation by whoever wins. who ever dose come out on top is going to end up as a Major power and can easily dominate the rest of the area.
hmm, one suggestion though, somehow establish Exnot as this sun god's name, possibly with a few elements of his previous incarnation in Exnotism tossed in. this will help defuse a bit of the situation for you. Also would preserve so of my very long-term plan weather I win or lose. some of your population is likely to be more accepting of the shift also. would also defuse one of my better strategies in the war.
still, good luck, and while I don't hope you win, I look forward to a good fight.

Spoiler My Stats :
Osismied/NPC
Religion: Druidic Pantheon
Size: Medium
Economy: 8/1 (2/4/2)-0
Military: 1 Spearmen (3) 2 Spearmen (1.5), 1 Unsullied (4), 2 Unsullied (2) 17 Curraghs (0.5),
Confidence: Respecting
Culture: Average
Projects: The Wall: Completed; Golden Taranis (Completed: +Culture +Armorican Confidence)

Notice: I'm not an NPC unless I don't send in my orders.

King Derfel the XIII was surveying the newest city of Osismied when he was suddenly jerked by an arrow. They were in an ambush. Some enemy soldiers still survived in the city. Derfel gasped as blood spurted from his right shoulder. "If I had only been a foot to the left, I would be dead right now. Unsullied, root out these men that would dare to attempt and assassination of the King. Bring them dead or alive, preferably alive. Go now and do this task!" he said as a the head druid came to him. "You are injured my lord. Shall I take the arrow out?" "Yes take this thing out." A cry of pain was heard throughout the square as the arrow was pulled out of Derfel's shoulder. The druid then quickly put a poultice on Derfel's shoulder and wrapped it slowing the blood flow. "We are going to need leeches as well. But there are none here." the druid stated.
Derfel finally noticed that the street was empty minus a group of 20 armed soldiers. Derfel's party approached them and noticed that they were not Osismied soldiers. A piece of the street folded upwards and suddenly men started to pour out. At once the unsullied appeared with two of the assassins. The others had killed themselves or disappeared. They noticed over 500 soldiers in front of them - all ready for combat. "Derfel's vision began to cloud as he thought to himself, Those are not Ostavans. "Those are not Ostavans my soldiers! They are Frenks! Kill them all!" Derfel shouted as another arrow hit him - this time ending his life.

The Unsullied and Watchers attacked the 500 soldiers in the street and completely destroyed them. High Watcher Oisig((Captain of the Watchers)) walked over to Stalwart Shield((Captain of Unsullied)) and said this; "Both of us have failed the king. Honor says that we should go through this trapdoor and find the remnants of resistance. We should take as many captives as possible. All through this door are hostile and should be treated as such. Once we finish this, we will take the king and his body back to Vorgium so he can be placed in the burial mound of his royal line. His eldest son will become the new king. What say you?" finished High Watcher Oisig. "I was thinking that myself." replied Stalwart Shield as he jumped into the hole with the Unsullied following. High Watcher Oisig followed close behind.

Terrance, this is unfortunate. Your PM box seems to be full.

To: Lundein

Submit to the Sturmithing, and you will be duly rewarded. The Emperor brings civilization, progress and prosperity to all his subjects. We will do what we can to help you improve the lot of your cities, villages and townships with the labor of our workers, defend you against your enemies, and do all that which becomes a good lord to do for his subjects. Alternatively, we could continue the ongoing project of Killing the Whole Damn Lot of You. Your choice, really.

To: Kentus

Your loyalty will not be forgotten.
From Lundein
You may be able to raid us with impuny, but you surely cannot have the power to afford to administrate lands so far form your home. If you don't leave us, we have friends who will help us.
From Kentus
We will make certain of that under your command.

ooc: Its RP time!

ic:

The emperor Justian III, decided to re-create the face of the empire. As he said there will be << One God, One Law, One Emperor >>. So he ordered that the old religion should be exterminated. All of its followers will be purged and burnt alive. The army will make sure that the emperor's will wont be questioned by anyone. So the army moved to replace the old temples with new ones.

This new religion, will have only one god, The << Sun God >>. And the Emperors of Byzantium are sons of this God. So those who dont follow the laws and question the will of the emperor, are not only rebels against the state, but also rebels against the Son of the God, and the God himself.

The emperor decided that he should unite all the know world under his rule. Soon the armies were prepared. Thousand of soldiers shout << All Hail the Emperor, The Son of God >>. So by the will of the God, the emperor started a holy crusade to unite all the people under his godly rule.
As the New Royal Family has gained much prestige in war and peace, most of the Army has supported this move. Several of the more feverently Exnotist towns grumble, but if no incident occurs, there will be no rebellion.

Going to assume the group of colors leading to the Baltic Sea are indeed my nation.

From Vahlshallah to the Prussians;
You shall know more!

From Vahlshallah to the Pommeranians;
Stop what?
From Pommeranians
We want to live peacefully by the sea, and we don't want to learn the will of your gods- ours are just fine. Please stop expanding into our fishing waters and our homeland, or else.

From Byzantium to Spartan Kingdom:

Dear Spartans. I am Justian III, emperor of Byzantiun and Son of God. In the name of the Byzantine empire and the Sun god, i ask you to trade with mighty Byzantium.
From Sparta
Trade is possible, although I can't offer much except this wine cup made with the Skull of a Thlorynite and several slaves. As in undamaged goods-want a sample?

To Dumonos:
You have free rein to buy our elite troops. Don't worry, we have to buy them too. It is the costs for training. They are completely loyal and 100 can destroy an army of 750 spearmen easily without combat experience. We will also send one troop of unsullied with direct orders to follow your orders unless called back to Osismied. I'm sorry, but that is all we can spare due to the Frenks and Ostava.
Sincerely, King Derfel the XIII

To Ostava:
We offered that city free entrance without combat. We would offer the same to you. Our joined forces should be enough to defeat first the Frenks and then the Faithful horde if you so desire. I'm sorry, but there are only two options to me other then giving land to the Frenks. eliminate the weakest neighbor or join with them. You choose.
Sincerely, King Derfel the XIII

To both groups of Frenks:
No reply. - Coverup -> Message never arrived.
From Dumonos
We accept your support, fair friend. Lundein will be saved!
From Ostava
We are not one to accept those who lord over us without recognizing the truth of the Belief. Become a believer, rule as a Believer, and believe as a believer, and we will flock to your banner.

To Byzanthium:
okay.. your obviously insane. Your abandonment of Exnotism for this.. cult of questionable value shows you care naught for the values of your people. your cult goes against every value that Byzantium stands for. Every value that it stood for for LONG before Exnotism even came to it's shores. You toss out every ounce of culture and tradition we have for this.. monstrosity!
NO man is of the blood of the divine. they may be touched, they may be blessed, they may be guided by the gods. but to have the blood of one? they are to us as we are to mere ANIMALS! to suggest one would commit such an act of perversion as siring a mortal child is blasphemy of the highest order.
you drove my family out of Byzaynthos. you murders my uncle in Cold blood for the crown you now wear upon your head. you torture your people for following what they know is right, and impose your perversion of a god upon them in it's place. a perversion that goes against every belief and tradition that makes Byzaynthos what it is.
Flow those reasons and more, the Altanyin Empire hearby declares war upon you. The wheat shall not flow until you renounce this foolish course of action.

To Odessa, Varna
First, I wish to say, I have no intentions of instantiating hostilities between ourselves, and hope for many years of trading between us in the future.
but that is not why I am speaking to you. Byzaynthos is being lead by a madman. he has abandoned every value of worth that Byzaynthos had. he has embraced a mad, perverted cult that can only end in a call for death of every one of use that worship Exnot. how long before he starts killing our merchants simply for being within his borders? how can we stand by while he slaughters our Fellow worshipers of Exnot, not for their actions, but for simply being themselves!
I am not asking for your assistance in this war, though I would be grateful should you decide to help put down this mad dog. I am asking you to stop the flow of wheat. without our wheat.. they are nothing. we are their source of wealth. we are their source of power. we can survive for quite some time without their help, much longer then they can without ours.
I am asking you to do this politely, to insure not mistakes are done in the waters around Byzaynthos. I will be deploying my ships to insure the flows stops, and will be turning any ships that to try back. but I would prefer not to worsen our relations by it having come to that.
(Sneaked through a few days before message is delivered to Byzaynthos)

To all Thloryn, Sparta, Makedonian
Byzaynthos has gone insane. they seek to kill every person who worships Exnot, and it is only a matter of time before they seek to do the same to do the same to every person who follows Exnot. We would welcome any help you wish to send, to put this madman down, but all we ask for is for you to limit your trade with them, and to not send them aid that will prolong this conflict and support their perverted and blasphemous cult.
From Makedonians of All Stripes
Hey, we're busy killing them already, or we will be if they try to mess with our priests.

From Thloryn
I don't know, what does he think about Zirilism? Anyway, I'm a bit busy teaching Sparta that, no, using only a bronze shield, cape, and a thong does NOT make you badass invincible.
From Sparta
If we can reach them, we'd love to poke a few extra spearholes... or maybe stick them up existing ones. Anyway, we're too busy teaching Thloryn that, yes, using only a bronze shield, cape, and a thong DOES make you badass invincible.

From Odessa
We agree. This act is blasphemous on the utmost extreme. We will store our excess wheat in your great Granaries of old.
From Varna
I do not see the problem. You yourself used guile and charisma to twist the mind of your eldars, for changing the values of your nation from one based on the great bloodlines to one based on your person. What has he done different, except being truthful about his actions? The wheat shall still flow.

Sparta!!!! Macedonia!!!!! Thloryn!!!!! Listen to me. Together we can win this invader. He only wants to destroy Greece. We must kill him!!!!! Drive back to the sea brave Greeks.

Macedonians, Spartans, Thlorynians, Byzantines, we are all Greek!!!!!! Let us unite against this enemy!!!!!

This who dared to invade holy Greece!!!

For Byzantium!!!!!! For Greece!!!!!!!!

From All
Greece is pretty holey right now. Full of spear holes, arrow holes... ouch! Sparta just ripped Thloryn a new one outside of Cornith!

From THEBES

to Nubian Empire
Yes! With Nubia united under the rightful king Egypt can itself be safe with its friends from the south secured. I hope peaceful relations between our states will continue forever.

to Abydos:
We share your concerns. The city must be brought to its knees and understand its place. I suggest in accordance with our friendship we will attack the city together and it will be brought under your direct rule.

I also wish to merry my daughter to your son to unite our families forever.

to the Chiefs of Timna:
Egypt has no wish to war with your people or eradicate them. All we require is control over the mines of Timna for strategic reasons. This can be done peacfuly or warlike. I will allow the chiefs of Timna to have autonomous rule as long as Egypt sees a tribute in the shape of gold and bronze from Timna.

to Petra and Jerusalem:
Oh shut up.

From the Nubian Empire
May it last even after the Sun himself forgets to rise!

From Abydos
I agree that their antics should no longer be tolerated.
I accept your offer, let us join our bloodlines together to produce the new Pharoahs of Egypt!

From Beni-Hasan
Abydos are rouges and merchants, they know no loyalty but gold, and all they see is the new wealth of your ports. Don't let yourself be plundered! Ally with us hardy farmers, and you will have the gratitude of heart of Egypt.

From Chiefs of Timnia
We submit to your judgement, oh wise one.

From Petra and Jerusalem
NEVAH!

To Eterika: Do you wish for peace or war? Shall you let trade flow freely? Do you wish for peace in our region?
To Aden: Glad to see traders and merchants leading your nation. I see we can agree on much and we can be close allies in the future. Can we count on your ports being open to us? What is your opinion of Eterika?

From Eterika
We wish for peace, one in which we have unified our squabbling brothers into a single state. Trade of all kinds, except weapons to our devious brothers, is definately accepted here! As for peace, we will do everything we can to enforce peace, even if we have to go to war to stop deviants.
From Aden
We learn only from the best! Our ports are always open to trade.
We think Eterika can offer much oppertunities in selling religious incense to their war gods and weapons. However, they must be kept... distracted.

Terrance, this is unfortunate. Your PM box seems to be full.
Nevermore!

From Vahlshallah to Ostava;
Do not listen to the people who would attack you if you do not join them! Join us, my friends and fellow pious folk, who would stand up before the world and smite the people who try to tear us apart from our religion!

Excerpt from the Greek Comedy King Oneius II by the Cytrian playwright Andregoneieus

Act II, Scene III

[Outside the Castle Molderaath. King Alder Oneius II and his Spearmen Guard (an elite Apulian force disguised as Greek rabble hoptlites, unbeknownst to the towns-folk!) meet with King Molderath, his son, Haderaach, and his chorus of robed priests and harem of daughters.]

Haderaach: Greetings His Royal Highness, King Onius, a Royal Welcome to you and your numbered men!

Molderath: But King Oneius, why have not you brought your litter to my Kingdom? Or your fair daughter, Leius?

Oneius: [thinking a moment] What would you call a gentlemen who, upon the acquisition of a great deal of wealth, dangles it in front of his pauper once-kinsmen and taunts them for their ill-luck, if it please you, dear Molderath?

Molderath: Why, I'd call them a snob, Oneius.

Haderaach: And an ill-taunt, too, I'll add!

Oneius: Just so; my daughter has Virtue, Beauty, Wit, Grace and Humor - likewise my litter. Would it be kindly, mind you, to dangle these things before the likes of YOUR eyes? [jovially] Oh no, King Molderath, I am neither snob nor ill-taunt!

Haderaach: [aside] I say, father, what a kindly man! How he compliments you in front of your retinue!

[exit harem]

Molderath: [aside] Speak no more, my son. [aloud] Stay thy tongue, fiend! Such frivolous waggering therein will not be permited outside of mine own castle, in front of thine peasants and my harem! [calling off-stage] Guards! Militia! Seize the invaders!

[Ensues a comical struggle between King Molderth and his ill-kempt guards, and the 'Elite Rabble' of Oneius, who produce shields from beneath their robes and from behind shrubbery.]

[King Oneius has Molderath by the collar; his army likewise the defenders.]

[End Act II, Scene III.]

It is believed this was written openly mocking the mad king Justian III of Byzantinos, caricatured as King Oneius III, a loud wanna-be-gentleman with no finess for diplomacy, and with a pauper's beginnings.

From Eterika
We wish for peace, one in which we have unified our squabbling brothers into a single state. Trade of all kinds, except weapons to our devious brothers, is definately accepted here! As for peace, we will do everything we can to enforce peace, even if we have to go to war to stop deviants.
From Aden
We learn only from the best! Our ports are always open to trade.
We think Eterika can offer much oppertunities in selling religious incense to their war gods and weapons. However, they must be kept... distracted.
To Eterika: First, I wish to say that while we support you unifing your brothers in Africa, we will not tolerate a war with Aden. There is much great and unexplored land South of here for you to claim, with goods that have higher prices than those across the strait. No weapons will be traded to Aden, or you until we are more certain of the situation in the region. Other than that, we will be happy to trade with your great nation and look forward to many years of mutual cooperation.

To Aden: We will be happy to trade with your great nation. Eterika will not trouble you, I can guarantee that.

From Dumonos
We accept your support, fair friend. Lundein will be saved!
From Ostava
We are not one to accept those who lord over us without recognizing the truth of the Belief. Become a believer, rule as a Believer, and believe as a believer, and we will flock to your banner.
To Dumonos
I just hope that we will be in a much better situation the next time you ask for aid. My father Derfel, was murdered by Frenks. I am now king and will honor this deal my father made.
Sincerely,
King Cernyd the First
To Ostava
I am sorry. We will not follow the faith. We do not force religion on anyone and your people, regardless of religious faith, would be accepted. You would still govern your own country and make your own laws. The only thing that we would require would be aid on the battlefield. I'm sorry to write this, but it is this or nothing. If you do not accept this you will gain an enemy instead of a close friend because we are trying to secure our borders by any means possible. We also need a border that we could flank the Frenks with.
Sincerely,
King Cernyd the First

From All
Greece is pretty holey right now. Full of spear holes, arrow holes... ouch! Sparta just ripped Thloryn a new one outside of Cornith!

To all Greeks:

Only if we unite to fight this external enemy Greece will be able to gain the glory it deserves. We are all Greeks and this is our home, our nation!!!!! Let us fight united. The Greeks divided are weak. But united they cant be stopped by anyone!!!!!!! Let us form an alliance, and destroy the invaders.

Dare stand against us and you shall be annihilated.

To Eterika: First, I wish to say that while we support you unifing your brothers in Africa, we will not tolerate a war with Aden. There is much great and unexplored land South of here for you to claim, with goods that have higher prices than those across the strait. No weapons will be traded to Aden, or you until we are more certain of the situation in the region. Other than that, we will be happy to trade with your great nation and look forward to many years of mutual cooperation.

To Aden: We will be happy to trade with your great nation. Eterika will not trouble you, I can guarantee that.
From Eterika
Who wants that salt-hole? We'll stay away from their sandy little "city", don't you worry about that. Let us trade and make merry.
From Aden
And I can guarantee that much profits can be made!
To Dumonos
I just hope that we will be in a much better situation the next time you ask for aid. My father Derfel, was murdered by Frenks. I am now king and will honor this deal my father made.
Sincerely,
King Cernyd the First
To Ostava
I am sorry. We will not follow the faith. We do not force religion on anyone and your people, regardless of religious faith, would be accepted. You would still govern your own country and make your own laws. The only thing that we would require would be aid on the battlefield. I'm sorry to write this, but it is this or nothing. If you do not accept this you will gain an enemy instead of a close friend because we are trying to secure our borders by any means possible. We also need a border that we could flank the Frenks with.
Sincerely,
King Cernyd the First
From Dumonos
We will remember your kindness and your honor, with regards towards the death of your most respected father.
There are various responses from Ostava
-From All: Dissapointing. We cannot to follow those of moral ineptitude, even though we allow this weakness among our subjects.
-From Some: We see the great danger of the Frenks as well. Pay us, and we will send forth a host against them. However, we won't join you.
-From Others: Both you and the Frenks are morally spineless. You do not deserve our attention or friendship. Begone, and leave us alone.
To all Greeks:

Only if we unite to fight this external enemy Greece will be able to gain the glory it deserves. We are all Greeks and this is our home, our nation!!!!! Let us fight united. The Greeks divided are weak. But united they cant be stopped by anyone!!!!!!! Let us form an alliance, and destroy the invaders.
From Thloryn
What invaders? We've already pushed back the Makedonian Hordes and Egyptian Pirates.
From Sparta
Yeah, like you care about the Zirilist pigs in Thloryn and the Slave-buying Dogs known as Toras-Noth.
From Makedonia
We will never even think of joining those who violate the basic principle of Exnotism!

Dare stand against us and you shall be annihilated.
From Pommeranians
The sea can never be destroyed. Stop taking what is rightly ours, and there will be no reason for conflict.

Hey, I updated the stories and stats on the front page.

Next up: UUs. All who have, or will have this turn, UUs, please send me an official description you'd like to spoilered on the top of your orderset.

ORDERS DUE THURSDAY. I will start updating. Deadline is Saturday for you slowpokes. :p

From Dumonos
We will remember your kindness and your honor, with regards towards the death of your most respected father.
There are various responses from Ostava
-From All: Dissapointing. We cannot to follow those of moral ineptitude, even though we allow this weakness among our subjects.
-From Some: We see the great danger of the Frenks as well. Pay us, and we will send forth a host against them. However, we won't join you.
-From Others: Both you and the Frenks are morally spineless. You do not deserve our attention or friendship. Begone, and leave us alone.

To Ostava
All: And you would call it moral ineptitude because we are not exactly like you? Is that what you desire? Everyone to think exactly alike? What a boring world that would make.

Some: How much do you want? Tell me and I'll say yes or no.

Others: This is a warning. Were we not negotiating with more cooperative members of your peoples, this would cause war. Plus, if we have no morals, why are their still people in the city we recently took? The Frenks would have slaughtered everyone. We killed only those who fought.

From Ostava
From All
Those who are morally strong recognize the truth and follow the Belief of their own free will. We don't force others to Believe, but we sign joyously for every person who does so.
From Some
2EP, one for each of our cities. We can offer 3 Spearmen and a Guardsmen unit
From Others
You ignore salvation when it looks upon you, you are obviously free of morals.

Top Bottom