MIC - Idea & Discussion Thread

At this point I only want one of the following:
1. # of cities other than capital cannot exceed # of wonders we control
2. # of cities other than capital cannot exceed # of wonders we built

Counting multiple captured wonders as one, IMO, is a bit inconsistent.

Since right now I want a 20K win for it, I think 2 is more appropriate as that emphasizes building instead of conquest.

If instead Conquest is a goal, then 1 might be better. But that would probably be the goal of the Cultural Expansion game, not this one.

I will be on vacation from 08/25 - 09/01.

After that I plan to start a new game. Currently I'm thinking of the Culture Conquest as Sumeria, or the variant below which has been in my mind for quite a while:

The Special Weapons

As Vikings/deity/standard archipelago

Rules:
1. We have to research or trade for Map Making, Navigation, Amphibious War and Advanced Flight at the first oppertunity. Building Great Lighthouse or Magellon's would be a bonus.
2. We can only attack coastal cities from sea.
3. After Advanced Flight (or make it even harder, remove this clause), we can only attack inland cities by means of paratroopers.

I may be interested in the wonder expansion game, if you could explain it a bit further. 100 culture in the capital? Total? 100 sounds high at the start, but may be low later!?

I am in no hurry though - starting somewhere in september seems nice to me, because at least 2 or 3 games I currently play will be finished then.

I like the sound of the "Special Weapons".

Pencil me in for a "probably", though it will depend on how much I've got on my plate when it gets going. :)

If you are interested in the Special Weapons SG, I would recommend you play Epic 43: Ports Your Goal. The game forum and announcement thread is here. It's a fun game, and has some similarities with my SG (especially paratroopers - how many people actually used it?). Just remember not to post spoiler information before the close date.

I'll join your self-research, if you're still looking for players. You probably need to send me a message at game start, if time for first sign up is any indication...

I'm playing civ since the DOS era. But I've only played a few games of Civ3 & PTW (got C3C but no game yet). However, Emperor is no problem, but I got busted in Deity. This is probably because I didn't knew of the extra starting units and refused demands - bad idea. I want to increase the difficulty level, but when I play for a while I get lazy. So I'm looking for SG's, for 10 turns I can play on peak efficency :)

I have no expirence in SG, but I followed some in the last couple of month. Couldn't join one, all games that I'm interested in are full in no time.

Amen to that! Especially No4! And 3! Yeah, 2 and 1 as well.

You capped it well, mate. I hate doing stuff that the AI wouldn't do ever.

ROP is kinda a different issue after all, I've been ROP-raped in a few games by the AI.
Mainly it was because they signed a treaty against us at that moment.

But it doesn't say we are/should be allowed to do it anyways.

Hey, think more about the rep rule.

If you trade with someone off your landarea and harbors won't help to keep up a current trade, then you ask someone to leave your territory, anmd they declare.

It will hit your rep, just as the random spearman pillaging a road in an unknown area.

I think rep should be kept as far as it goes, but if someone/civ is the only way for trades and you demand them to leave, rightfully it isn't "your fault" Live with the rep hit after that.

I've tried a few games to see how the AI really acts. Sometimes it seems they continue normal deals, even after the cut roads and also for a long time. Other times I'm shot. There must be some way to figure out the calcula for this.

As I see it, can an AI benefit enough from us, they can give gpt and gold for a trade. This is for one offense. A second offense simply kills all opportunties.

Sometimes it seems they continue normal deals, even after the cut roads and also for a long time.

When the roads are connected again, that means.

Top Bottom