Puppets not emphasizing commerce

Saltydog

Chieftain
Hi everyone. I've noticed my last couple of games, after I puppet a city and look into it, it is on emphasize default (citizen management). This continues after the city comes out of revolt. Obviously this is sub-optimal and is kind of reuining conquest games for me. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks

Every city? I've noticed this a few times when it shouldn't happen (I think they're supposed to go to default if a citizen is going to starve to death). I've also had a governor starve one of my core cities once since the expansion, so I'm assuming the governors are just bugged again. If all of your puppets are doing this it seems like more than a bug though.

Thanks for the reply. This makes sense. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Haven't seen a puppet not on gold focus on my games yet. I sometimes can't even get those things to eat until I ally a maritime CS.

The only thing you can do is to control your workers manually. Otherwise, they will just build trading posts everywhere near puppets.

Oh yeah, the only reason to keep puppets instead of annexing or razing is when you aim for cultural victory.

The only thing you can do is to control your workers manually. Otherwise, they will just build trading posts everywhere near puppets.

Oh yeah, the only reason to keep puppets instead of annexing or razing is when you aim for cultural victory.
I wouldn't say that getting more social policies means that you have to aim for a cultural victory. Puppeting cities is good for generating :)/:c5gold: from a captured city and not increasing the cost of future social policies. this can also be useful in a Domination or Science victory game where future social policies are a part of your grand strategy. I would only recommend annexing a city if you have a need to build units, wonders, or want to shape its development manually for some reason.

Top Bottom