What are the abilities in your religion in civ 5?

liltrogdor

Chieftain
I'll start, mine are:

Pantheon- religious settlements- 15% border growth

Founder belief- church property- 2 gold for each city

follower belief- holy warriors- can purchase pre industrial land units with faith.

follower belief- Religious community- +1% Production for each follower (max +15%)

enhancer- religious texts- religion spreads 25% faster(50% with printing press)

Your religions are probably better:)

I've made a habit of doing Piety for the Reformation belief. I forget what it's called, but there's one that lets you spend faith to purchase any great person that's amazingly useful if you're going for a cultural victory and need great artists, writers, and musicians for theming bonuses and tourism.

I've made a habit of doing Piety for the Reformation belief. I forget what it's called, but there's one that lets you spend faith to purchase any great person that's amazingly useful if you're going for a cultural victory and need great artists, writers, and musicians for theming bonuses and tourism.

Yeah, I've seen that one, but when I got the reformation belief i did the one where you can buy units after the industrial era.

Well, it depends.

If I'm going for maximum religion possible and a wide empire, I earn religion form deserts and foreign cities, build mosques and pagodas, and make sure that my religion is everywhere (range or influence strength bonus).
This way I have an extremely religious, happy and cultured empire.

If I'm going for moderately religious wide empires, again I go for gold and influence as above, but instead of bonus faith I pick +2 science per trade route and i max out temples (+2 happiness and +2 culture), plus i earn gold from followers, preferably 1 gold per 4 followers.
This approach yields me a wealthy and balanced state.

My tall empires tend to have bonus growth (or culture bonus on jungles) with 1 culture per 5 foreign citizens. I also increase their peacetime growth and production %.
This particular combination creates huge cities with beautiful production efficiency, supported by quick advance in political doctrines.

I may have to modify it in 4:20h when BNW is unlocked ;)

Er, are you implying that you don't get the Aesthetics Finisher if you're going for a Culture Victory? :confused:

As for myself, my 'Cultural' Religion is:

Tithe
2 Building Follower Beliefs (in order, Pagodas/Mosques/Cathedrals/Monasteries)
Itinerant Preachers OR Religious Texts
The Reformation belief that gives your religious buildings Tourism (Religious Sites?)

The religion is all personal, yours looks good for an aggressive and wide play style. I play the opposite so mine will look different.

Pantheon: What I start out with tends to be situational, such as Goddess of the hunt if I have a lot of camps, etc. If I am on the desert, ALWAYS desert folklore.

Founder Belief, now with scarce gold, it is usually tithe (I tend to build my cities taller than wide).

My first follower belief will include a religious building (such as cathedral)

My second follower belief is usually peace gardens, or something else happiness focused if that's taken.

My enhancer is a toss up between interant preachers (or whatever it's called) and religious text.

Er, are you implying that you don't get the Aesthetics Finisher if you're going for a Culture Victory? :confused:

As for myself, my 'Cultural' Religion is:

Tithe
2 Building Follower Beliefs (in order, Pagodas/Mosques/Cathedrals/Monasteries)
Itinerant Preachers OR Religious Texts
The Reformation belief that gives your religious buildings Tourism (Religious Sites?)

I'm still working on figuring the game out. :p

I got Archipelago out of my random, so when I got the second world pantheon I grabbed God of the Sea. I had a kind of awkward half-tall-half-wide empire, so when I netted the second religion, I took Tithe and Pagodas, then Asceticism and Itinerant Preachers. Didn't go down the Piety tree so no Reformation belief. I was right next to Babylon, who founded Islam, so I could never get it to spread like I would have liked for Tithe, but as a purely domestic religion the culture and happiness provided by combination plus the powerhouse of God of the Seas on Archipelago, it was really powerful.

I vary with my religion.

Wide Empires:

Pants: Messenger of the Gods (+2 science/city)
1st Belief: Ceremonial Burial, and if taken tithe.
2nd Belief: Pagoda if I am blasting faith, if not religious community
3rd Belief: Religious Community
Enhancer: Religious Text, if I don't get it I get upset and pick itinerant preachers

Tall Empires:

Pants: Fertility rights (+10% growth)
1st Belief: Tithe
2nd Belief Pagoda/Religious building
3rd Belief Religious building or religious community (normally I blast religion if I am tall so I am fine getting pagodas and mosques or something)
Enhancer: Same as above.

I always get pagodas first then mosques, and then I build mosques first in cities (because it is +3 faith as opposed to +2) so i can get to pagodas faster.

Pantheon - whichever fits the terrain, preferentially one that provides faith. Neutrally (i.e. without particularly relevant terrain), Fertility Rites or (if planning to play wide) Messenger of the Gods.

Simply due to the value of coastal starts and improved sea resource bonuses (and playing Indonesia, with a coastal bias), God of the Sea is a favourite now.

Founder: Tithe. Almost without exception, particularly since the AI doesn't take it. It's netting me upwards of 70 gpt at the moment in the late game when I'm aggressive with spreading it. If I'm late to religion, Interfaith Dialogue.

Follower: Typically depend on what's available, with no firm favourites. Usually at least one will be a faith building.

Enhancer: Itinerant Preachers or Religious Texts. Holy Warriors if warmongering; with faith so much more easily available now, I'll probably take to using this one more.

Reformation (if you're playing BNW and not starting with Piety there's probably something wrong): Convert the Heathen is insane. It even lets you take advantage of negative happiness - let the barbs spawn, pop a missionary, and hey presto free units. When I experiment with tourism I'll probably go for the belief that boosts that from faith-bought buildings.

Why is this in the BNW forum?

Without getting a reformation belief, these are just standard G&K religions.

Show me synergy and strategy w/ reformation, or at least strategy that accounts for brave new world changes...

Why is this in the BNW forum?

Without getting a reformation belief, these are just standard G&K religions.

Show me synergy and strategy w/ reformation, or at least strategy that accounts for brave new world changes...

I forgot this was BNW forum, it should be in General Discussion. I'm new here and IDK how to contact a moderator.

I vary with my religion.

Wide Empires:

Pants: Messenger of the Gods (+2 science/city)
1st Belief: Ceremonial Burial, and if taken tithe.
2nd Belief: Pagoda if I am blasting faith, if not religious community
3rd Belief: Religious Community
Enhancer: Religious Text, if I don't get it I get upset and pick itinerant preachers

Tall Empires:

Pants: Fertility rights (+10% growth)
1st Belief: Tithe
2nd Belief Pagoda/Religious building
3rd Belief Religious building or religious community (normally I blast religion if I am tall so I am fine getting pagodas and mosques or something)
Enhancer: Same as above.

I always get pagodas first then mosques, and then I build mosques first in cities (because it is +3 faith as opposed to +2) so i can get to pagodas faster.

Prior to BNW I too prefered Pagodas over the other religious buildings, but in my first BNW game I took Cathedral as I got a Great Work slot. In my second game I didn't get Cathedrals so fell back on Pagodas. It seems to me having lots of 'buckets' as the Venture Beat guy would term them is good so I think now Cathedrals is best overall Relgious building, AI seems to agree.

Procreationism: The worship of forming babby

Basically just shoot for everything that will give you food/pop or happiness and spread it to your own cities.

"It's never the right time to have kids, but it's always the right time for screwing. God's not a dumbsh*t. He knows how it works."

Top Bottom