The Medmod VI

Please post the link to your Download at the bottom of the first post or on your sig!!! I could not find it anywhere! And what is the 'Hub'?? I searched and searched for your download. For over an hour. And nothing! Soooooooooooooooooo frustrating:mad:

Please post the link to your Download at the bottom of the first post or on your sig!!! I could not find it anywhere! And what is the 'Hub'?? I searched and searched for your download. For over an hour. And nothing! Soooooooooooooooooo frustrating:mad:

Stigger32...Login to Civ5, select MODS, click "Browse Mods". Select "Online" and now search for "MedMod" in the search bar to the left. Download then install it.

Enjoy!

Stigger32...Login to Civ5, select MODS, click "Browse Mods". Select "Online" and now search for "MedMod" in the search bar to the left. Download then install it.

Enjoy!

Found it! Thx!

Sorry for the rant. This Steam sponsored new Civ version is a bit of a headache to get around.:goodjob:

Sorry you had trouble finding it. I had posted the file in one of my page 6 posts, and therefore I couldn't post it in the initial post as well. I have now moved the file back to the initial post, so hopefully no one else will have this problem.

Hey Wes,

I've very much enjoyed the two games I've played of your mod. I've found vanilla Civ5 (after the patch) to be in better shape than Civ4 was in terms of the issues that concern me and inspired me to make HephMod, but your mod takes these things a step further. Longer playing time in ancient eras, a rational and more historical military unit progression, etc. The five-unit per hex limit makes moving your units SO much less tedious, and when you actually fight, both I and the AI tend to fan out our units anyway to create fronts with zones of control and flanking bonuses, so the tactical interest that 1 unit per hex creates is mostly retained in my experience.

The one area I think your mod unbalances, however, is happiness. I liked the happiness changes they made in the patch, as it was too easy to keep people happy before. The patched Civ seemed to take away happy buffs from luxuries and buildings, but built in more buffs to the social policies to compensate. In your mod, you've brought back the old happiness buffs, which now stack with the new social policy buffs, and people are just way too happy. I just don't have to worry about keeping people happy and can expand more or less to my heart's content. I wondered why you made those changes, and then I saw in this thread that you play on Emperor level and the light bulb went off! I don't play on the higher levels because I just can't stand seeing WWI armies running around during the period of the American Revolution ... since your mod reduces research, I'll have to try to play at your level and see how it goes!

Thanks again for this great mod ... if a Civ 5 HephMod ever gets made, be sure that I'll be ripping you off big time! ;)

EDIT: Ooh, just noticed that units DO get the flanking bonus when stacked. I would consider lowering the flanking bonus down to 5% per unit or limiting stacks to 3 units instead of 5. I just attacked an enemy unit that was flanked on one side by a stack of five units and on another by one unit and got a 60% flanking bonus! On the upside, the AI sure does use stacks to its advantage: I just saw France "echelon" attack a city with wave after wave of warriors.

Just an update after playing around with your mod this weekend. I've been playing with 2 units per tile with really great results: it makes warfare logistics less tedious and introduces some interesting tactical flexibility, but without the exploits that larger stacks introduce. I turned down the flanking bonus to +5% per adjacent unit, so that now you can't get more than an extra 5% out of unit flanking than in the vanilla game (this also seems a reasonable value for "stack aid").

Also noticed that you didn't actually remove the flat terrain combat penalty ... if you still want to do this, it's in GlobalDefines (FLAT_LAND_EXTRA_DEFENSE).

Hello, first of all, great mod but i have a question, is it compatible with latest game patches ?

Thanks

Hello....

Thx for your great mod...

"Stacks- Up to five units may now be stacked on the same tile"
Could you tell me how to remove this option pls...?
Thx

OK I've found it....
Look at the line "<Where Name="PLOT_UNIT_LIMIT"/> <Set Value="5"/>" in the file "Global.xml" in the mod folder.
You can change the value as you want...

Hi, very satisfied from medmod VI.

The only thing i wonder is a lot of building effect does not work and show up as intend.

The Garden has been re-named the Public Park, which increases happiness by 4 and is available with Biology. The Theatre picks up the Garden's Great People ability. Note that the Theatre's Great Person effect isn't accounted for in the pop-up that shows the progress rate until Person creation, but I am sure that it is working.

Mints now improve Gems as well, so that they are as valuable as gold and silver.

Ironworks require Iron and only give 6 prod., but add 2 prod. to each source of Iron, so you'll want to build them in cities with multiple sources of Iron.

Banks now give +3 gold in addition to their normal effect.*

Factories now add 1 prod. to each source of Coal and Aluminum.*

Hydro Plants now give an additional bonus of 1 gold to river tiles.

Harbors now give 2 culture, plus 25% gold and 1 science per 3 pop in addition to their existing effects, to simulate the effects of trade.

Any quick fix ?

Hey thanks for the great mod, I've found it very enjoyable and it makes combat more fun and worthwhile (at least as long as you got this mod coupled with a less warmonger/falcon ai/etc.) I've been experimenting a little, and it appears that the first unit to reach a tile is the top unit, the one that gets attacked. Which is sick, because it means I can grab something like a soldier and give it lots of cover and flat terrain bonus, then move it into a hex and scooch a siege engine with the fortification bonus upgrades underneath it.

Top Bottom