Not Another City States Mod

Iceco, first of all I love your MOD.

But with the new city states I am unable to see the effect they have.

I know atleast that the commercial and progressive works but not the actual amount.

It is possible to release that information?

I have v11, the city states are horribly bugged.
-All have the American icon on the left of the name, and militaristic in the trait section. Upon meeting no notification, cannot communicate, and can see the city name when in middle of clouds

EDIT: Here's a link to a screenshot showing it.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030571137/screenshot/540641572418583522
That's not normal. The mod works for me as does it for most people, it seems. Also I don't edit the city banner in any way.
Make sure older versions of the mod are deleted and the cache is clearer. Also don't update mods in the middle of a game.
Or it could be a conflict with another mod you're using.

Iceco, first of all I love your MOD.

But with the new city states I am unable to see the effect they have.

I know atleast that the commercial and progressive works but not the actual amount.

It is possible to release that information?
:c5gold:Commercial:
friend: 2 base gold + 2 per era
ally: 3 base gold + 3 per era

:c5influence:Diplomatic:
friend: -12,5% influence degradation with all city-states
ally: -20% influence degradation with all city-states
(Percentage is taken of your natural influence degradation with policy/trait bonuses applied and doesn't make it drop below -0,2 influence per turn)

:c5science:Intellectual:
friend: 2 base science + 2 per era
ally: 3 base science + 3 per era

:c5production:Productive:
friend: 3 production per era distributed over your cities
ally: 4 production per era distributed over your cities
(Capitals get more. Cities founded earlier can also be benefited over cities founded later.)

:c5greatperson:Progressive:
friend: 2 base GP progress + 2 per era, distributed over your cities
ally: 3 base GP progress + 2 per era, distributed over your cities
(Same distribution as with production. The bonus is applied to the GP with the highest current progress in that city, or a random one if all progress is 0.)

:c5happy:Prosperous:
friend: 2 golden age progress per era + every GA is elongated by 1 turn
ally: 3 golden age progress per era + every GA is elongated by 1 turn

I have the same problem as Black - the city states have the new icons and traits listed on their individual info screens, but when I look at the diplomacy overview there's neither a trait nor an icon for any of the new types of city states.

Also, the new types of city states don't give any bonuses (so it's not just a display issue).

Now, I'm running a whole heck of a lot of mods (mostly wonder and terrain-related), but I don't think any other mods impact city states or city state bonuses.

Started a new game. Met Bahrain and Aborigine Nation right off the bat, Bahrain requested assisstance against barbs. I sent my Archer over and killed a few, didn't gain influence (Mind you, don't in base game with archer either. Bug?) and then using the gold from the encampment bought both over (Reload Autosaves) and both traits dissapeared upon befriending.

Quite a lot.
Spoiler :
I use:
  • Thal's CivUP-TBC

UI
  • CivWillard
  • Improved Demographics
  • InfoAddict

Features
  • City State Diplomacy
  • Cultural Diffusion
  • Emigration
  • Liberation Boost
  • Treegrowth
  • Garrison Training

Tweaks
  • Better Japanese City Names
  • Combatibility-InGame.xml (probably no longer necessary)
  • R.E.D. Modpack

Hey,

tried your mod over the weekend. First off, great work. I love the new city states, especially the ones with pictures and individual leaders. I had a blast being castro/havana/cuba's ally during my current game.

A couple of things though. I'm not sure the bonus are working. I allied with an intellectual city state, and got absolutely no bonus. I tried a couple others, and it was unclear to me wether or not i was actually benefitting from anything at all.

One thing I would suggest is to replicate the model that is already in game. The traditional city states usually indicate exactly how much food or culture you are gaining per turn. Could you do the same for the others? Ie: when I ally with one of the new city states, the little notice on the right should at least tell me exactly what I am getting for it. This would help tremendously.

Anyways, I only came on here to tell you. I really love the mod and I want it to be one of my regulars, but as of now, I'm not convinced they all work.

Also, the AI tends to stick to traditional CS first. In my last game, I had a cluster of city states, but it was only the traditional ones (culture, food, military) that were constantly being bought out by the AI.

I haven't gotten around to testing it further, been busy with other stuff.

dashwinner
Thank you for the support.
That the bonus isn't mentioned on the top panel (f.e. that the science meter doesn't show what the city-state gave you) is normal. You should still get the bonus (there's a difference between what the top panel says you'll get and what you actually get the next turn), but it doesn't seem to work for all people for some reason.
I can't mimic the existing traits without overwriting a whole lot of source files, which would create a lot of incompatibilities with other mods. The reason why this is so difficult is that the traits haven't been coded as mod friendly as all the other stuff.
Here's what the traits do though:
Spoiler :
:c5gold:Commercial:
friend: 2 base gold + 2 per era
ally: 3 base gold + 3 per era

:c5influence:Diplomatic:
friend: -12,5% influence degradation with all city-states
ally: -20% influence degradation with all city-states
(Percentage is taken of your natural influence degradation with policy/trait bonuses applied and doesn't make it drop below -0,2 influence per turn)

:c5science:Intellectual:
friend: 2 base science + 2 per era
ally: 3 base science + 3 per era

:c5production:Productive:
friend: 3 production per era distributed over your cities
ally: 4 production per era distributed over your cities
(Capitals get more. Cities founded earlier can also be benefited over cities founded later.)

:c5greatperson:Progressive:
friend: 2 base GP progress + 2 per era, distributed over your cities
ally: 3 base GP progress + 2 per era, distributed over your cities
(Same distribution as with production. The bonus is applied to the GP with the highest current progress in that city, or a random one if all progress is 0.)

:c5happy:Prosperous:
friend: 2 golden age progress per era + every GA is elongated by 1 turn
ally: 3 golden age progress per era + every GA is elongated by 1 turn

Pouakai
Tooltips aren't supported. It would mean overwriting the TopPanel, which would make it incompatible with other mods making changes to it.
Maybe there's a way to make the changes without overwriting the source file, but I haven't found it yet.

I'm using Thal's mod and CSD and i've noticed with the latest builds 7.1b7 and v20CSD i no longer get the separation/distinction between the city state bonuses and the global bonus tho it is in the total. i'm thinking maybe most people aren't noticing this, but at any rate i believe the problem to lie with either Thal's 'globalization' of city state rewards or something that was done in the newest CSD, i don't think the problem is with your mod. I had assumed previously that yours and CSD were not compatible, i'll give it a try my next game :)

hey nice mod but have befriended commercial and productive citystates but once I do I do not notice an increase in production or commercial. Does it just not show up because when I befriended a productive citystate my buildings werent being produced any faster, nor did my gpt go up once I made friends with a commercial city state

Quite a lot.

First off; great mod! :goodjob:

I'm running the game with R.E.D. modpack and want to add CS diplomacy too, but I can't get these two to work at the same time, any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Also, wouldn't Riga be a good eastern european CS to add? Or possibly the Teutonic order?

Top Bottom