Revolutions

Hit a crash again. They're coming less often now. Happened when an old Songhai city, conquered by the English long ago, gained independence and, later yet according to the paste, voted to rejoin England.

http://pastebin.com/L6TNM8W9

Good Day,

I can't even activate this good looking mod, like required got the latest version of Cultural Diffusion, but ingame the Revolution mod can't receive the okay for having their dependencies.

Codes are "adbc3334-367b-4435-a584-fd783b712865" and
"178c8703-28c7-4fdc-81b7-674a710fff51", the second string seems to be the cultural diffusion mod.

References 01127f62-3896-4897-b169-ecab445786cd (unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhancer, if I googled it right).

After my understanding, references ain't required, but the dependencies.
Got the second one, so my question might be, what is adbc3334?

And if I have it, why can't I activate the mod?

Got CIV 5 + G+K + BNW 1.0.3.18
http://oi43.tinypic.com/25u7ars.jpg
Typed the code for easier search.

Thanks in advance.

My game crashes whenever I meet a revolted city state for the first time. In this game I was playing as Germany and America. When it was Germany's turn, Indian rebels just finished taking Mumbai and Delhi from India. It then spawned Kuala Lumpur in place of Delhi and Mumbai switched to it's control. I sent units up to meet the city state and the second it did the game crashed straight to desktop, no error from windows just direct CTD.
Thanks for the log !

Seems that one mod and Cultural Diffusion are conflicting, there is also something with Infoaddict (Cultural Diffusion, InfoAddicts and Revolutions works well together, I've used them multiple times)

I don't know if it's the cause of the crash here, but there is an incompatibility.

Hit a crash again. They're coming less often now. Happened when an old Songhai city, conquered by the English long ago, gained independence and, later yet according to the paste, voted to rejoin England.

http://pastebin.com/L6TNM8W9
Thank you too :)

Still not reproducible ?

Good Day,

I can't even activate this good looking mod, like required got the latest version of Cultural Diffusion, but ingame the Revolution mod can't receive the okay for having their dependencies.

Codes are "adbc3334-367b-4435-a584-fd783b712865" and
"178c8703-28c7-4fdc-81b7-674a710fff51", the second string seems to be the cultural diffusion mod.

References 01127f62-3896-4897-b169-ecab445786cd (unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhancer, if I googled it right).

After my understanding, references ain't required, but the dependencies.
Got the second one, so my question might be, what is adbc3334?

And if I have it, why can't I activate the mod?

Got CIV 5 + G+K + BNW 1.0.3.18
http://oi43.tinypic.com/25u7ars.jpg
Typed the code for easier search.

Thanks in advance.

The first one is "Custom Advanced Setup Screen", required to reserve the CS that will be used to spawn revolutions.

I have the mod Hex Conquer and Release and I forgot to turn it off since I started using Cultural Diffusion again. I turned it off and tried to recreate the problem in a new game and it didn't crash. I did notice something that may be of interest when comparing my 2 games. In my first game the Indian rebels were called "Indian Rebels" but when looking at In-Game Editor it was referring to the rebels as Kuala Lumpur. So I assume that the city state was just renamed temporarily for as long as the rebels were alive. But the city state that spawned from Delhi was a new, separate Kuala Lumpur. Maybe the game had spawned 2 Kuala Lumpur city-states and had an issue when I met the second one. In my newer test game I played as Germany and had one other civilization in the game, the Huns. I got the happiness of the Huns to drop to where rebels where spawning. Once again, In-Game Editor referred to the Hunnic rebels as Kuala Lumpur. And eventually their capital turned into the city state of Hanoi and not Kuala Lumpur, and when I met them it didn't crash.

Interesting mod so far but I'm having a similar CTD bug since installing Revolutions. Reproducible from my save right at end of turn.

A couple turns back I was experiencing a CTD but I believe I was able to keep playing by manipulating the seed. Two reloads in a row while resolving my turn the exact same I had a CTD when ending turn. On the third attempt I intentionally moved my units different and was fine for another 10-15 turns.

Let me know where to find the log you need me to post.

Is the % possibility (for strike, rebellion, revolution) in the stability tooltip supposed to mirror the values shown in the table when you open the panel? In my games lately, the panel is consistently 5% less than the tooltip value. Or are these showing different values and I'm just missing what each represents? It seems intuitive, but...

Example:

So for Tlateloco, the 17% strike probability in the tooltip is 5% higher than the panel (and will always be until the panel value goes to 0). I see 16% for rebellion in tooltip vs 0% in the panel, but I presume that may be because I've just had a rebellion?

In any case, I'm wondering if I'm understanding these correctly or whether I have a bug and/or mod conflict. In the latter case, I would suspect one of whoward's UI mods (which I'm going to pull to confirm).

Attachments

• CivilizationV_DX11_2013_08_03.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11_2013_08_03.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 830
I'll have to check the code, I don't remember if they should be mirrored, it's possible that the top panel tooltip use a faster (but less precise) calculation.

I'll have to check the code, I don't remember if they should be mirrored, it's possible that the top panel tooltip use a faster (but less precise) calculation.

Ok, thanks.

I started a fresh game with nothing but Revolutions (Cultural Diff + Custom Startup) and cleaned up all cached mod data. Still seeing the same discrepancy between tooltip and panel (exactly 5%).

To add to what I said in the above post... it doesn't look like the panel ever shows anything but 0 for rebellion probability (whether or not one has recently occurred). Tooltip does though and the revolt mechanic is definitely working, along with strikes. I haven't gotten high enough (bad) relations modifiers in this game to see what the revolution % in the panel is doing.

I'm playing this one with tile acquire and flip, but no conquest. Raging revolutionaries is also selected. This is with BNW.

I experienced the same crash as the others. Although I don't have a lua.log (deleted save before I read the post), I can confirm that Civ 5 consistently crashes for me after I have met a rebel City-State. Although it is a few turns after, it always happens on the same turn for me as well. I don't know if this helps, but on the same turn I end before the crash, my empire's status changes from "stable" to "protester".

Is the % possibility (for strike, rebellion, revolution) in the stability tooltip supposed to mirror the values shown in the table when you open the panel? In my games lately, the panel is consistently 5% less than the tooltip value. Or are these showing different values and I'm just missing what each represents? It seems intuitive, but...

Update :bounce:

Narrowed this behavior down to the Raging Revolutionaries option. If I don't select that, the tooltip and panel data match perfectly.

My game crashes when calling AcquireCity in GiveCityToPlayer in the part of RevolutionOutcome where it says Dprint (" - The revolutionnary comite has decided, the city will join : " ..tostring(bestChoice), bDebug). Hope that was precise enough. :)

I've noticed another crash in ChangeCivPlotCulture but I could not reproduce that crash, it only happened once. I've put some additional debug output to find that out. There's an output line before and after AcquireCity and the log doesn't show the output after AcquireCity.

That's all I know so far, I hope iit helps a bit. :)

part of the log (after which the log ends):
Spoiler :
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: ------------------
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: Check for Revolutions Outcome...
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - Fes can make a choice...
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - Minimum happiness value to join = 2
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - checking CIVILIZATION_MOROCCO
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - culture value = 1049, 'happiness' value = 3, joigning value = 1573.5
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - checking SEPARATIST
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - checking MINOR_CIV_BYBLOS
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - # possible choice = 1
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - rebel culture value = 1588
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - separatist culture value = 195
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - The revolutionnary comite has decided, the city will join : CIVILIZATION_MOROCCO
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changing culture value of CIVILIZATION_MOROCCO at 27,30
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changing culture value i = 1 culture.Value = 1049 value 1783 from 1049
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changed culture value of CIVILIZATION_MOROCCO at 27,30
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changing culture value of MINOR_CIV_BYBLOS at 27,30
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changing culture value i = 3 culture.Value = 1588 value -1588 from 1588
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changed culture value of MINOR_CIV_BYBLOS at 27,30
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changing culture value of SEPARATIST at 27,30
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changing culture value i = 2 culture.Value = 195 value -195 from 195
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changed culture value of SEPARATIST at 27,30
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: in GiveCityToPlayer, calling AcquireCity

Update :bounce:

Narrowed this behavior down to the Raging Revolutionaries option. If I don't select that, the tooltip and panel data match perfectly.
Thanks, that'll help me to fix it :goodjob:

My game crashes when calling AcquireCity in GiveCityToPlayer in the part of RevolutionOutcome where it says Dprint (" - The revolutionnary comite has decided, the city will join : " ..tostring(bestChoice), bDebug). Hope that was precise enough. :)

I've noticed another crash in ChangeCivPlotCulture but I could not reproduce that crash, it only happened once. I've put some additional debug output to find that out. There's an output line before and after AcquireCity and the log doesn't show the output after AcquireCity.

That's all I know so far, I hope iit helps a bit. :)

part of the log (after which the log ends):
Spoiler :
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: ------------------
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: Check for Revolutions Outcome...
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - Fes can make a choice...
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - Minimum happiness value to join = 2
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - checking CIVILIZATION_MOROCCO
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - culture value = 1049, 'happiness' value = 3, joigning value = 1573.5
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - checking SEPARATIST
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - checking MINOR_CIV_BYBLOS
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - # possible choice = 1
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - rebel culture value = 1588
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - separatist culture value = 195
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - The revolutionnary comite has decided, the city will join : CIVILIZATION_MOROCCO
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changing culture value of CIVILIZATION_MOROCCO at 27,30
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changing culture value i = 1 culture.Value = 1049 value 1783 from 1049
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changed culture value of CIVILIZATION_MOROCCO at 27,30
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changing culture value of MINOR_CIV_BYBLOS at 27,30
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changing culture value i = 3 culture.Value = 1588 value -1588 from 1588
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changed culture value of MINOR_CIV_BYBLOS at 27,30
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changing culture value of SEPARATIST at 27,30
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changing culture value i = 2 culture.Value = 195 value -195 from 195
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: - changed culture value of SEPARATIST at 27,30
[2209463.095] RevolutionMain: in GiveCityToPlayer, calling AcquireCity
Thanks for the precise report :)

but that's a bad news, as I can't change AcquireCity without DLL editing.

do you have a save from the turn before the crash if it's reproducible ?

Just a quick thought: was Morocco alive at this moment ?

and religion, yes.

Just a quick thought: was Morocco alive at this moment ?

Good question, I didn't meet them yet. Maybe I was just about to meet them, a trireme was on its way around africa (playing ynaemp). But as far as I remember there was no notification about an unmet civ losing its capital..

I'm pretty sure that it is not AcquireCity in general as have seen Indian seperatists taking Delhi the game before. But maybe that's the point, I've literally seen it, having a scout in the area and having met Gandhi.

I understand that it's the other way around in my logs (Morocco getting back its seperatist city).

I can post the savegame, it was reproducible last time I checked. But there is some randomness involved as I have done several savegames until I hit the right spot in the source files. It was not always Morocco and sometimes a few turns later. Unfortunately it's not like "hit next turn and it crashes".

I'm using some other mods also. I guess you'd need them also to try the savegame right? Tried to attach them for your convenience, but that exceeds the forum limit. :)

Here's a list:
  • City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 3)
  • Civ Names by Policies (v 3)
  • Communitas Expansion Pack - Basic (v 3)
  • Cultural Diffusion (v 18)
  • Custom Advanced Setup Screen (v 5)
  • InfoAddict (v 19)
  • Revolutions (v 9)
  • Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 22)
  • Ynaemp City States for BNW (v 1)

I'm pretty sure this combination worked in former games (with revolutions v8), except CEP. Not sure about CEP. But as far as I know, they don't alter anything concerning cities or civs/leaders (yet). Ynaemp is Cookie's version of the giant earth map.

edit: sorry, submitted the wrong savegame

Attachments

• Sejong_0173 BC-0005.7z
    1.7 MB · Views: 204
Top Bottom