Question Regarding Theodora's Ability & Religious Relations

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
So, I was actualyl curious.

The Bonus Belief, who benefits from it?
If I pick an extra Founder Belief, do I benefit from it only? Or does everybody somehow benefit from it?

Or what if I pick a Pantheon/Enhancer/Follower belief? Does everybody who follows my religion benefit from it? Or just me?

ALSO

I've been playing Into Renaissance and something really stood out for me, anybody who followed a diffrent religion, had a "You're following a diffrent religion" negative modifier. Why isn't that in the actual game? Would make so much sense for Pacal to dislike me more because I follow Christianity and he follows Hinduism... wouldn't? Would make religious wars actually present.

There is definitely a bonus for following the same religion but there is no penalty for following a different one.

Also I was under the impression that all of the second beliefs were follower beliefs but I haven't played Byzantium much.

The bonus belief can be anything, enhancer/follower/founder. I'm pretty sure you are the only guy to get founder benefits if you choose it.

I've always assumed that other civs would benefit from all follower and pantheon beliefs. As a result, I always choose a founder or enhancer belief as the bonus belief. The founder and enhancer beliefs are very powerful anyway.

Actually, I typically choose another follower belief, because if another civilization adopts your religion in the majority of their cities you are likely to be friends with them. So might as well help them (and yourself) out.

I've always assumed that other civs would benefit from all follower and pantheon beliefs. As a result, I always choose a founder or enhancer belief as the bonus belief. The founder and enhancer beliefs are very powerful anyway.

I can answer your second question quiet easily, play a game of civ IV and give it 100-150 turns when you explore new continents and you discover someone who hates you on sight, not very fun, and not even entirely accurate either. The way they implement it is g&k is far better.

You can pick any of the beliefs not yet taken (Including a second Pantheon if you so choose) and they'll benefit in the same way they would as if they were not an extra belief.

Pantheons affect all follwers.

Followers affect all following ciites.

The enhancers will effect the spread of your religion, and ones like Just War and Defender of the Faith will only benefit you, as they would normally.

Founders benefit only you.

Same as normal.

I rarely find game conditions when playing as Byzantium where it doesn't make the most sense to choose an enhancer as my bonus belief. If I've founded a religion early then it gives me a huge leg up on spreading it, and even if I just barely managed to eke out the last one in the game it helps in catching up (assuming religious texts or itinerant preachers is available).

As far as differences in faith not being worked into the main game, I have to assume that was a conscious decision to avoid the possibility of offending people; with a historical scenario where religion was the driving force behind conflict it's easier to justify.

You do sort of still have some religious tension in G&K basic if you go around actively converting AI cities after they've founded their own religion.

Just pick the two spreading enhance beliefs and you are set. Couple that with thithe or ceremonial burial and you can get a bucketload of happiness or money. The ai dosemt care about natural spread, as no one can stop that

I've noticed I don't benefit from Pantheon beliefs when my city adopts a foreign religion, only follower and enhancer beliefs.

Byz would be the only one who can do:
religious texts & itinerant preachers & tithe = profit!
Assuming you can get all three, without any early faith enhancing bonus or buildings.

Ahh.. wait, I was under the impression that 20% combat bonuses against enemy cities/own cities affects you rneighbors if they follow the religioin?

Top Bottom