Faerun

Looks like a fantastic mod but immediately CTD when I try to load it.

- Tried Faerun map and Random map.
- Tried Witch leader then random.
- Tried resetting defaults in game options.
- Game is patched. It's G&K
- No other mods installed.
- Ver 4 of mod.

Windows error shows these details. Win XP SP3 system, running IE in background, nothing special, mid range hardware.

AppName: civilizationv.exe AppVer: 1.0.2.21 ModName: civilizationv.exe
ModVer: 1.0.2.21 Offset: 001bac12

Cheers,
Sword

Found this in database.log file. Do you mean I need all the DLC to play, not just G&K?

:rolleyes:

- Sword

6135.484] Invalid Reference on Civilization_CityNames.CityName - "TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ST_JOHNS" does not exist in Language_en_US
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases.LeaderType - "LEADER_HARALD" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases.LeaderType - "LEADER_KAMEHAMEHA" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases.LeaderType - "LEADER_PACHACUTI" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases.LeaderType - "LEADER_NEBUCHADNEZZAR" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_HARALD" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_HARALD" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_KAMEHAMEHA" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_KAMEHAMEHA" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_PACHACUTI" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_PACHACUTI" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_NEBUCHADNEZZAR" does not exist in Leaders
[6135.828] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_NEBUCHADNEZZAR" does not exist in Leaders
[6136.359] Invalid Reference on UnitPromotions.PediaEntry - "TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_WITHDRAW_BEFORE_MELEE" does not exist in Language_en_US
[6136.406] Invalid Reference on UnitPromotions.Help - "TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_WITHDRAW_BEFORE_MELEE_HELP" does not exist in Language_en_US
[6136.453] Invalid Reference on UnitPromotions.Description - "TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_WITHDRAW_BEFORE_MELEE" does not exist in Language_en_US
[6136.453] Failed Validation.
[61

In my view this is a fantastic achievement, Architect. The way that you have simulated a two-level world within the confines of Civ5 is very creative. It shows great creativity. I love it!!

Game report:
Crash turn 178, it crashed on the Barbs turn if that helps to know.
Playing Thay, great game! You really have something here, this could become the Fall From Heaven for CiV.
Also a couple of other things, my hero, a rogue, could not travel to the underdark.
Also, not sure if this is a Thay thing or not, but after a while I couldn't build workers, which actually was kinda fun!! I had to steal them, I got quite a few. I actually went to war to grab workers.

Too bad it crashed, I was having a great game!
Is ther anyway to pick what civ you play? I seem to remember there was a way.

@ShaggyCan: I just pick the civ when you're on the screen to choose the Faerun map and difficulty. Click the Random Civ thingy and choose your civ.

I also was not able to build workers for a time, not sure when. Making them a limited resource is kinda nice actually.

I believe FA mentioned that Heroes weren't supposed to be able to travel to/from the Underdark for balance reasons I think?

I also was not able to build workers for a time, not sure when. Making them a limited resource is kinda nice actually.
Yes, that's right I limited all unit classes to 4 units on map (except specialty units, like heroes). This was to keep the number of units a bit lower.
Game report:
Crash turn 178, it crashed on the Barbs turn if that helps to know.
I highly recommend upgrading to v.5, which should take care of 95% of mid-game crashes.
Also a couple of other things, my hero, a rogue, could not travel to the underdark. ...
Is ther anyway to pick what civ you play? I seem to remember there was a way.
For now, I'm limiting Heroes to their own realm for both balance and technical reasons. The Custom Loading screen allows you to pick any civ you want.

The way that you have simulated a two-level world within the confines of Civ5 is very creative.
I would love to have several distinct maps all connected by portals - for example Elemental Planes - but this is beyond me at this time.

Nope you don't need any DLC for this mod, as you've already discovered by playing it! That log is just me being lazy and not disabling DLC and also not deleting all the stuff in secondary tables... no worries!

Thanks for the fast response, but Civ crashes to desktop as soon as I try to start a game using the mod. I'm now using ver 5.

I'd really like to try this mod out.

All other mods I've ever tried work as does the base game.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Sword

Thanks for the fast response, but Civ crashes to desktop as soon as I try to start a game using the mod. I'm now using ver 5.

I'd really like to try this mod out.

All other mods I've ever tried work as does the base game.

Hi I really have no idea why this might be happening, but it is the second report of this load screen crash. The only thing I can think of is to clear the cache before running the mod; also I always test in DX11, so if you're using DX9, you may want to switch over.

Don't play Selemchant unless you want to be at war the entire game!! Had to abandon the game, everytime I beat them back, once the peace treaty expired, right back at me.

Don't play Selemchant unless you want to be at war the entire game!! Had to abandon the game, everytime I beat them back, once the peace treaty expired, right back at me.

Who are you at war with? Baldursgate and Tethyr?

They are not so hard to beat as Amn(House of Selemchant). Remember to take advantage of the mountain passes they have to go through. I've stomped both Baldursgate and Tethyr on immortal, just wait for their offensive momentum to run out, then focus on one of them take atleast 1 city, then they will be crippled and ready for a sweet and juice peace treaty:drool: , then turn around and do the same thing to your other opponent.

@FramedArchitect have you tought about introducing espionage?

Hey FA, a few questions for you.

1. I've noticed in all the games I've played that Mulhorand is always in the top 3 score-wise. I haven't tried playing Horustep yet myself. Is there some benefit that they're getting? Not sure if you've done a pass through to look at balance yet.

2. Played Mithral Hall. Found Cult of Torm. Used a Missionary to spread it to 2 of my cities in the Underdark. No Missionary after that had the spread religion ability. Unfortunately this meant that the two cities I had settled above ground were not able to get Cult of Torm (obviously there would be no natural spread from pressure in the Underdark). Curious why missionaries would stop working? (also fun note ... My second city I settled above ground was on that little bit of land north of Luskan with the whales. In a moment of serendipity, when I settled the city it came up as Ten Towns. Yay!)

3. Tech Tree question. With the Mithral Hall game. I'm at about turn 225 (no crashes or issues at all except those above) and pretty much done with the tech tree. I think I have 2 techs left before the repeating one. Is there a plan for expanding the tech tree during those eras? Just curious. Thanx!

Hi,

looks like a great scnario mod, the short time i played it so far running without problems.

Two questions that already arose:

-is there any reason, why the mod should be tied to the map only?
I do not like playing huge maps.

-on the map there seem to be large areas of jungle. Removing jungle (and swamps) is on second to last row of tech tree, meaning the jungle areas and especially the resources beneath the jungle are no available for most of the game. Is this intentional?

-on the map there seem to be large areas of jungle. Removing jungle (and swamps) is on second to last row of tech tree, meaning the jungle areas and especially the resources beneath the jungle are no available for most of the game. Is this intentional?

Ok, found in this thread post about finishing tech tree in round 215, so jungle apparently is only useless for about half the game.

Who are you at war with? Baldursgate and Tethyr?

They are not so hard to beat as Amn(House of Selemchant). Remember to take advantage of the mountain passes they have to go through. I've stomped both Baldursgate and Tethyr on immortal, just wait for their offensive momentum to run out, then focus on one of them take atleast 1 city, then they will be crippled and ready for a sweet and juice peace treaty:drool: , then turn around and do the same thing to your other opponent.

@FramedArchitect have you tought about introducing espionage?

Ha, yeah those 2 and Waterdeep and Cormyr.
I mention it because I just played a game as Thay (super evil) and people were much nicer to me and my zombies.
I figured if I played as a country of merchants I would get some love, I guess not.
I would destroy the invaders (usually about 6-8 units) then chase them back to thier city, and just as I got there another army from the opposite direction would come in. Then I had to stop attacking and defend again. Oh well.

Hey FA, a few questions for you.

1. I've noticed in all the games I've played that Mulhorand is always in the top 3 score-wise...

2. No Missionary after that had the spread religion ability...

3. Is there a plan for expanding the tech tree during those eras?

1. Mulhorand has no land competitors in the GK version and lots of land to expand into. I may further reduce their expansion flavor. 2. Missionaries cannot carry their religious affiliation though Underdark portals. I'm aware of this problem, but haven't come up with a solution yet. 3. I am not happy with how "technology" works with the new G&K version. The next major overhaul will include a completely new Tech Tree that will incorporate a much broader choice of techs at each level. Alignments will open up new mini-Tech Trees, and Civs will be able to choose an Alignment instead of being locked into one.
Hi,
-is there any reason, why the mod should be tied to the map only?
I do not like playing huge maps.
I've gotten this complaint quite a bit. Some players seem to think I've "turned off" the ability to set up smaller games out of spite or something. ^^ Not true at all. The request for a custom game set up is reasonable, but actually requires a lot more work and also requires that I learn how to do something I've never done before! Please be patient: I'm a novice at modding, and I'm only one person!

I've gotten this complaint quite a bit. Some players seem to think I've "turned off" the ability to set up smaller games out of spite or something. ^^ Not true at all. The request for a custom game set up is reasonable, but actually requires a lot more work and also requires that I learn how to do something I've never done before! Please be patient: I'm a novice at modding, and I'm only one person!

It wasnt meant as i complaint. I just was curious, because i mainly saw in this mod an alteration of rules, which does not indicate it has to be tied to a specific map. But of course that portal stuff would be more complicated to get on a random map.

Bless social policy has as text +1 gold and +1 "culture" for monument, but seemingly only gave + 1 gold.

Having some great games!
Time for a session of "Bug or Feature"
I can't build fishing boats on lakes, is it always like that?
also after about half the game I can't build workers anymore, is this a feature or a bug?

Thanks, and great mod!

@ShaggyCan: I know FA mentioned that Workers are limited to 4 units per empire. So if you're trying to build a 5th, that's your problem. I also had the fishing boats on lake problem. Mithral Hall is on an Underdark lake with some fish, but you can't even build a fishing boat or anything sea related.

In fact, question for you FA. I tested to see if it would work by using In Game Editor. I can use IGE to spawn a boat and thus use the fish there, but even if I use IGE to force Mithral Hall to have a harbor (cause it can't build its own), it doesn't trade route link to my settlement above grown on the coast which had a harbor. Probably a matter of lakes not being registered as "water" for the sake of a city on it to build stuff like that? And therefore the Harbor is ignored as a trade route link? In which case .... how do you trade route link your above ground cities with your Underdark ones? I can see that being a restriction for balance reasons or something, just curious. Thanx!

Top Bottom